[ROM][PORT] AOKP JB-MR1 Build 5 | Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S2 AT&T i777 [2013/03/07]

Search This thread

jerad_rutnam

Jan 28, 2013
Colombo
www.jeradrutnam.com
[ROM][PORT] AOKP JB-MR1 Build 5 | Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S2 AT&T i777 [2013/03/07]

AOKP JB-MR1 SGH-i777 Build 5 | Android 4.2.2 [2013.03.05] [UNOFFICIAL-PORT] - [UPDATED]
CODE NAME: aokp_i777-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.sethyx.20130305.211647 test-keys Port_by_Jerad_v1.0

This ROM was not created by me, all creadits goes to the developers who spent their time to develope this roms [Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)].
All I did was just porting the offical i9100 AOKP build to our i777 device.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Special Thanks to the Developer "rafyvitto" for taking time to write a tutorial for porting same range roms,
and also thanks "asasione" for the extended guide

Original ROM

AOKP JB-MR1 Official Build 5 i9100 2013.03.05

changelog-2.png

Android 4.2.2 Changelog
The Latest AOKP Changelogs can be found on the AOKP site

v1.0 Port Details
Code:
[B]Updates -[/B]
Latest AJK Kernel 1.25 Final ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110542"]Find the latest here[/URL])

[B]Changes -[/B]
No Changes - Pure AOKP

[B]BUG Fixes -[/B]
No Fixes - Just Ported ROM

[B]Known Issues -[/B]
Status Bar Quick Settings Toggle window "Swipe to Flip" not works
NFC feature is missing

installation-1.png

If coming from a different rom, follow all the steps. If only upgrading, skip wiping data unless told to do so:

• Make a Nandroid
  • Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
  • Wipe cache/dalvik-cache
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Reboot

downloads-4.png

contribute-1.png

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:

- AOKP team
- CyanogenMod team
- Teamhacksung crew
- AJK Kernel Development Team

Developers spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk
Donate to Sethyx

Donate to AOKP (Couldnt find the link - please let me know if know)
Donate to CyanogenMod
Donate to Teamhacksung

Kernel began life as a fork of Dorimanx's fine I9100 kernel.

Kernel Credits:
Donate to Dorimanx (Dorimanx Kernel)
Donate to Voku1987 (Dorimanx Kernel)
Donate to Alucard_24 (Dorimanx Kernel)
Donate to Entropy512 (CyanogenMod and much more for our i777)
Donate to Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel)[/SIZE]

If you like the rom please send them a donation as they will cherished and loved.
And if you like to donate me, you can always use the donate icon on left side under my profile image. And I will be much appreciate. :victory:

Please feel free to contribute for improove this rom. as im a newbe and still learning.
And please be note, that this is my second ported rom. so there might be few minor bugs. but im trying to update this much as possible. And will update the post here if there is any.

Enjoy, Cheers! :highfive:

Last edited:

kufusoto

Jan 13, 2012
Muncie
Re: [ROM][PORT] AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 | Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S2 AT&T i777 [2013/02/25

First ^_^ but why don't you use the aokp boot animation?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

jerad_rutnam

Jan 28, 2013
Colombo
www.jeradrutnam.com
Boot Animation Change

First ^_^ but why don't you use the aokp boot animation?

well... I didn't like the AOKP pink boot animation much..... (Prefer something blue and black like on CM to match the UI)
but this build came with the Nexus 4 boot animation. (But I replaced it because I prefer the earlier nexus animation than it)

anyway i'll upload the next version with nexus 4 boot animation or new aokp blue & black animation (tried to get this work but couldn't finish it converting to S2 devices).

and thanks for downloading... and let me know if you have any more suggestions.... really appreciate... :)

twcobra

Not bad for a first time port. Everthing loaded ok plus I dropped in AJK 1.19 kernel to sweeten it up a little. I have been waiting for something with the new mali drivers to use the latest AJK with. Also I really like the boot animation myself. I am not a big fan of pink unicorns but I do miss the features of AOKP. I will give you a good review over in the AJK thread. Good work on your first try. I need to sit down and start learning how to port myself one of these days.

Last edited:

CarlosAbia

Apr 26, 2012
Tempe
Re: [ROM][PORT] AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 | Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S2 AT&T i777 [2013/02/25

Are there any bugs on this?
Thanks I'll give it a try later :)

kufusoto

Jan 13, 2012
Muncie

well... I didn't like the AOKP pink boot animation much..... (Prefer something blue and black like on CM to match the UI)
but this build came with the Nexus 4 boot animation. (But I replaced it because I prefer the earlier nexus animation than it)

anyway i'll upload the next version with nexus 4 boot animation or new aokp blue & black animation (tried to get this work but couldn't finish it converting to S2 devices).

and thanks for downloading... and let me know if you have any more suggestions.... really appreciate... :)

I got what your saying, I just like the boot animation to match the ROM I use

phermey

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville, TN
i for one am happy that i dont have to look at the pink unicorn. thanx for the rom. going to give it a try as soon as i get some charge on me battery.

hoopas

Oct 6, 2010

Thanks for the port my good sir. I'm very happy with it. "Best of luck on future projects." Ned Dorsey.....keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

jerad_rutnam

Jan 28, 2013
Colombo
www.jeradrutnam.com
Thanks

Not bad for a first time port. Everthing loaded ok plus I dropped in AJK 1.19 kernel to sweeten it up a little.

Thanks a lot for the update mate, good to hear that it works with new AJK kernel update. because I too tried with 1.10 (latest at that time) but didn't support 4.2.2 at that moment. I sure give it a try when I get a time. :)

i for one am happy that i dont have to look at the pink unicorn. thanx for the rom. going to give it a try as soon as i get some charge on me battery.

Sure, you are welcome mate.. :)

I'd prefer no boot animation at all over anything with pink unicorns :laugh: Thanks for the ROM! I can't wait to put it on my i777 to try.

ha ha... :laugh: anyway let see if I can get it work the new boot animation conversion, then I can update it on my next release. and you are welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to test it. (I hit the thanks button, too)

Thanks.. :)

Just got time to try it. I had my desk top running off my SII first try.

Thanks a lot for checking it for me mate. much appreciate your support. :)

Thanks for the port my good sir. I'm very happy with it. "Best of luck on future projects." Ned Dorsey.....keep up the good work.

you are welcome and thanks for all the encourage... :)

phermey

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville, TN
if you are reading this... scroll up and thank the op for porting this over.

bug. when i first installed and got the choose launcher popup... i tried to back out and it rebooted. not really an issue for me. just letting you know. maybe they all do that and i am an idiot for hitting back.

messaging. >attach>record audio does not work. i went through and turned on noise suppression but that didnt work either.

messaging. is there any way to up the amount of text in each message. i get 2.25 lines of text before it splits off to another one.

adoute

Jun 9, 2008
Detroit area, MI
Thanks for porting this - finally flashed it this morning, along with AJ's AJK v1.21a AOSP kernel. Everything seems to be working fine, except for wifi tethering. I can't get any devices to connect to my I777 using any kind of security. Setting it up as an open access point works, but either of the other security types cause other devices to not connect.

Has anyone been able to get tethering to work with security and AJ's kernel?

taze

Jan 26, 2007
Thanks for porting this - finally flashed it this morning, along with AJ's AJK v1.21a AOSP kernel. Everything seems to be working fine, except for wifi tethering. I can't get any devices to connect to my I777 using any kind of security. Setting it up as an open access point works, but either of the other security types cause other devices to not connect.

Has anyone been able to get tethering to work with security and AJ's kernel?

you need version B i guess (from AJK thread):
v1.21b
-AOSP version has WiFi tethering w/security fixed

adoute

Jun 9, 2008
Detroit area, MI
you need version B i guess (from AJK thread):
v1.21b
-AOSP version has WiFi tethering w/security fixed

I forgot to post an update here. AJ released the b version after I asked about the tethering issue in his kernel thread - he had the same problem. Anyway, the b version works great - tethering with security, no problem.

ootri

Apr 17, 2012
I've been running with AJK for 2 days and everything has been running really smooth and stable. thanks for porting this awesome rom!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOKP JB-MR1 SGH-i777 Build 5 | Android 4.2.2 [2013.03.05] [UNOFFICIAL-PORT] - [UPDATED]
    CODE NAME: aokp_i777-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.sethyx.20130305.211647 test-keys Port_by_Jerad_v1.0

This ROM was not created by me, all creadits goes to the developers who spent their time to develope this roms [Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)].
    All I did was just porting the offical i9100 AOKP build to our i777 device.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Special Thanks to the Developer "rafyvitto" for taking time to write a tutorial for porting same range roms,
    and also thanks "asasione" for the extended guide

Original ROM

AOKP JB-MR1 Official Build 5 i9100 2013.03.05

changelog-2.png

Android 4.2.2 Changelog
    The Latest AOKP Changelogs can be found on the AOKP site

v1.0 Port Details
    Code:
    [B]Updates -[/B]
    Latest AJK Kernel 1.25 Final ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110542"]Find the latest here[/URL])

[B]Changes -[/B]
    No Changes - Pure AOKP

[B]BUG Fixes -[/B]
    No Fixes - Just Ported ROM

[B]Known Issues -[/B]
    Status Bar Quick Settings Toggle window "Swipe to Flip" not works
    NFC feature is missing

installation-1.png

If coming from a different rom, follow all the steps. If only upgrading, skip wiping data unless told to do so:

• Make a Nandroid
    • Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • Wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot

downloads-4.png

contribute-1.png

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:

- AOKP team
    - CyanogenMod team
    - Teamhacksung crew
    - AJK Kernel Development Team

Developers spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to AOKP (Couldnt find the link - please let me know if know)
    Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to Teamhacksung

Kernel began life as a fork of Dorimanx's fine I9100 kernel.

Kernel Credits:
    Donate to Dorimanx (Dorimanx Kernel)
    Donate to Voku1987 (Dorimanx Kernel)
    Donate to Alucard_24 (Dorimanx Kernel)
    Donate to Entropy512 (CyanogenMod and much more for our i777)
    Donate to Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel)[/SIZE]

If you like the rom please send them a donation as they will cherished and loved.
    And if you like to donate me, you can always use the donate icon on left side under my profile image. And I will be much appreciate. :victory:

Please feel free to contribute for improove this rom. as im a newbe and still learning.
    And please be note, that this is my second ported rom. so there might be few minor bugs. but im trying to update this much as possible. And will update the post here if there is any.

Enjoy, Cheers! :highfive:

Hi

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for appreciating what I did and for sending "thanks".

Sorry for the late reply, I was bit busy with some web developments.

anyway I think everybody faced the same issue with official CM10.1 kernel. (wi-fi tether, message record audio ..... etc)
    so as everybody knows new AJK 1.25 Final works great with this rom. so please flash the kernel and see if anyone has issues.

anyway tonight I will be re-uploading this rom with aokp official build 5 + AJK 1.25 Kernel
    hope everything will works smoothly.

Except one known issue that quick settings window swipe to flip still not working. (and until flash gapps even the switch button will not work)
    if any one knows a solution (a fix) for this please help me out to fix it. really appreciate. :D
    I got what your saying, I just like the boot animation to match the ROM I use

I'd prefer no boot animation at all over anything with pink unicorns :laugh:

Thanks for the ROM! I can't wait to put it on my i777 to try.

Can you tell me if Wi-Fi hotspot / tethering works?

Just got time to try it. I had my desk top running off my SII first try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    hi guys! i have a question! i want to try this rom with ajk kernel, so i wonder if i have to flash the rom first and then the kernel or the kernel and the rom after?

rom first. kernel after. if you do the kernel first... putting the rom on after will install the kernel thats bundles with the rom over the one you want. be sure to do the extra steps after installing the kernel.

@ootri. same here. two days and extremely happy.