By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 19th November 2012, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2013, 07:04 PM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremazy

Hi,
I bought a Nexus 10 and I upgraded to 4.2.2.How can i root and unlock the device ? I have Nexus Toolkit 1.7.2

Err...?
Connect device and start procedure in the toolkit?

28th February 2013, 04:54 PM |#382  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 15,951

Donate to Me
More
GOOGLE NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.7.3 [28TH FEB 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Updated SuperSu [root] files to V1.20 for all root procedures
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery to 2.4.2.0
+Fixed all bugs that have been reported and that I could find
+Added more text to root and unlock procedures for newb friendliness

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download TWRP 2.4.2.0 from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/recovery/go....2.0-manta.img and flash it via the Toolkit. You can also update from adb files for 4.2.2 by downloading http://goo.im/devs/mskip/toolkit/adb..._for_4.2.2.zip and overwriting the files. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates (beta versions) are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy.

Mark.
28th February 2013, 09:38 PM |#383  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barguast

After successfully rooting my Nexus 4 with the equivalent toolkit, I took the plunge and tried the same with my Nexus 10.

I'm completely stuck at the moment though. I'm using the latest version after donating. I started unlocking the bootloader and it rebooted into the red exclamation Android screen. The instructions said to hold the power button and press the right-most ('third from the left') button to get into stock recovery. It didn't. It rebooted and got into the boot loop on the Nexus 'X' screen.

Now I don't seem to be able to get into the recovery screen at all. I can get back to the fastboot screen, but it has the 'Downloading... Do not turn off target!' screen and the toolkit doesn't seem to detect the device anymore (no serial number is displayed in fastboot devices).

Please help.

Oh, one more thing: the Toolbox did say it couldn't find the Busybox file? Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: Crisis averted. No surprises, I was doing it wrong. Anyone with the same;

Hold down ALL THREE BUTTONS to get into Fastboot. This'll let you use the volume keys to find the recovery option. Select that. When the red exclamation with Android screen appears, hold the power button, press the right-most volume key... AND THEN RELEASE BOTH (this, I think, was the bit I failed to do, causing it to reboot). This will only the menu, from which you can do the wipe.

Hope it helps someone.

Oh, man, it helped me! I was starting to freak a little bit, lol. Thanks!!!

I'm still stuck. I was able to get to the Fastboot menu. It says the device is unlocked. I chose Recovery and TWRP started. I tried to do a factory reset, but it failed. I then did a wipe cache which was successful. I tried to wipe the Dalvik Cache, but was unsuccessful, it failed ("cannot mount cache"). What do I do? If I try to reboot it just gets stuck on the X.

More: so I got into Fastboot again, plugged the USB cable in and Windows installed the ABD driver. I ran the Toolbox, but this time I said it was unlocked and it proceeded to finish saying it was successful. But when it reboots, it's now stuck on the Google screen with the unlocked padlock on the bottom.

I'm using the latest version (1.7.3 Professional). And I'm basically at the point I have an unlocked bootloader, TWRP installed and no OS. I did download the factory image to the 'put_factory_image_here' folder, but I don't know how to proceed. Help!

BTW, when I was running the Toolbox the last time, it said it couldn't find the Busybox file, or something to that affect. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Later that same afternoon: OK, all better now. I walked away, calmed down, came back and figured out what I needed to do. I downloaded the factory ROM, ran the Toolkit and flashed the ROM successfully. Now, I guess I'll try again to root. I'd love to know what I did wrong the first time, though.

Still later that same afternoon: second time was the charm. Whew. All I can say is, if anyone is on the fence about donating, this toolkit is worth every penny! I'm learning...the hard way apparently...but I'm learning.
1st March 2013, 01:36 PM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
mskip,

edit: nevermind, btw last twrp 2.4.3.0
3rd March 2013, 02:01 PM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

GOOGLE NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.7.3 [28TH FEB 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Updated SuperSu [root] files to V1.20 for all root procedures
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery to 2.4.2.0
+Fixed all bugs that have been reported and that I could find
+Added more text to root and unlock procedures for newb friendliness

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download TWRP 2.4.2.0 from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/recovery/go....2.0-manta.img and flash it via the Toolkit. You can also update from adb files for 4.2.2 by downloading http://goo.im/devs/mskip/toolkit/adb..._for_4.2.2.zip and overwriting the files. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates (beta versions) are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy.

Mark.

Hi Mark, I'm currently trying to update my Nexus 10 Toolkit from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3 as soon as the change log for the update is displayed the toolkit closes. I've never had any issues previously on both my nexus 4 or 10 toolkit during the update process.
I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 same as previously but I've only just started having the issue.
Can you shed any light?

Cheers, Ash.
3rd March 2013, 03:15 PM |#386  
North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashio83

Hi Mark, I'm currently trying to update my Nexus 10 Toolkit from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3 as soon as the change log for the update is displayed the toolkit closes. I've never had any issues previously on both my nexus 4 or 10 toolkit during the update process.
I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 same as previously but I've only just started having the issue.
Can you shed any light?

Cheers, Ash.

There's a bug in 1.7.1. Install 1.3.0 over it and then update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atmazzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Atmazzz Ad-Free
3rd March 2013, 03:24 PM |#387  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thumbs up Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz

There's a bug in 1.7.1. Install 1.3.0 over it and then update.

Cheers buddy, that sorted it, all is well now.
3rd March 2013, 07:54 PM |#388  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Angry
TWRP 2.4.2.0? SuperSu 1.20? Aaaaaand outdated......

To all those replying: please don't do full-quotes. That's unnecessary and annoying. We all know the topic here.
4th March 2013, 08:15 PM |#389  

More
So if you can't donate we must use 1.3?
The 1st post only has 1.3 links and after reading about donating, is that the only way to get an updated version? If not are there links because I'm not seeing them. I used this successfully on my GF Nexus 10 and after the update SU is not working so I'm hoping to fix it with this as well...
4th March 2013, 08:31 PM |#390  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 709

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjSvb

The 1st post only has 1.3 links and after reading about donating, is that the only way to get an updated version? If not are there links because I'm not seeing them. I used this successfully on my GF Nexus 10 and after the update SU is not working so I'm hoping to fix it with this as well...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=382

"IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]"
The Following User Says Thank You to gravedigger76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gravedigger76 Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 10:32 PM |#391  

More
Ok so the answer is no, which is fine. I was able to fine a better solution for my current needs but wanted to say thanks anyway, appreciate the work. I was also able to find a fix for the SU problem but maybe others would like to know if you feel like answering. Bye.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)