[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

kirkie

Dec 3, 2008
I have managed to save the unzipped files to the spb Mobile Shell folder and done a soft reset, however it just looks the same. If I go into the folder and click on for example a new theme I have downloaded I get an error message saying something about that there is no appliocation and run the program 1st.... Very frustrating.

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
try this

Your stock menubar.xml is identical to mine when i used the two buttons without changes.
So my menubar.xml with the three htc buttons bar should fit to you.
I attach it below with the name htcmenubar.xml.
If you dont like the 3 buttons try the other attached file menubar.xml.In that file i deleted the third button.The position of the icons although, must be changed to come closer one to the other.If you have problems but you see the icons try to modify the x value of the two buttons in iconrect line.

Here you go. Two files included. The stock MenuBar and the one with your changes. You'll have to rename them by getting rid of the "stock" and "new" at the beginning of the files.

I did add the icons to the Shell files.

I'm trying to do this for the Lifestyle screen - maybe I should be using the MenuBar2 files?

Also, it does work when I press the area where the icon should be - I just can't see the icons.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• MenuBar.xml.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 29
  • MenuBarhtc.xml.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Phonatic

Jul 20, 2008
QVGA Home Weather backgrounds and Weather widgets

I had some time today, so I was gonna finish some weather icons that I had previously started http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3751643#post3751643 . It looks like Imarche did the same stuff that I was planning to finish. Namely the framed Manilla Icons (BeyondInvisible should be given credit for these) and the weather with women icons that they now have on their site. I had so little left to finish them. Oh well, I just wish that I had more than a few hours a month to spend on this hobby.

Anyway, here's the stuff that I worked on instead.

I made the changing weather backgrounds for the Proffesional Home Screen.
I made the backgrounds bigger, so now they fill the entire page.
TodayScreen.jpg

Gold Framed Nature Weather Icons.
GoldFrame.jpg

BeyondInvisible's other Night Weather forecast icons. I use these on the weather page.
NightForecast.jpg

Full Screen Weather widget. It's a good way to have auto changing backgrounds on the Lifestyle layout.
FullWeather.jpg

Phonatic

Jul 20, 2008
QVGA Digital Clock widgets and Home Srceen Digital Clocks

Digital Clocks for Home Screen
and for Lifestyle Screens.

Time1.jpg

time2.jpg

By the way, I adapted Landscape to accomadate these.
Landscape.jpg

This also works well with mskip's latest cab layout (IMO the best and most complete layout).
@ mskip your work is outstanding. I'm amazed at how much work that you have done.
Thank you for all that you have contributed.

Install his cab first, then my files. It's not mandatory, but it gives you alot of features and widgets.
Credit goes to original creators of the graphics.

OMG I can't upload files.
I am completely out of time. I will have to upload when I get a chance. I don't know when I'll have time.

Last edited:

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
I had some time today, so I was gonna finish some weather icons that I had previously started http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3751643#post3751643 . It looks like Imarche did the same stuff that I was planning to finish. Namely the framed Manilla Icons (BeyondInvisible should be given credit for these) and the weather with women icons that they now have on their site. I had so little left to finish them. Oh well, I just wish that I had more than a few hours a month to spend on this hobby.

Anyway, here's the stuff that I worked on instead.

I made the changing weather backgrounds for the Proffesional Home Screen.
I made the backgrounds bigger, so now they fill the entire page.
TodayScreen.jpg

Gold Framed Nature Weather Icons.
GoldFrame.jpg

BeyondInvisible's other Night Weather forecast icons. I use these on the weather page.
NightForecast.jpg

Full Screen Weather widget. It's a good way to have auto changing backgrounds on the Lifestyle layout.
FullWeather.jpg

Hi Phonatic ;
Welcome Back
We all enjoying your great weather Work
and looking forward 4 your new addings

np:- Good animated full screen weather wallpaper from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3088948&postcount=1

Last edited:

gkleding

Feb 7, 2008
Donate

PM me the name you sent the drink under so I can verify it was received. I have only received 1 drink in the last week and my mouths getting dry :p

Note: If anyone is ever feeling generous or thankful for the work I do and buys me a beer PLEASE pm me to let me know the name you sent it under so I can thank you properly.

To anyone who has already bought me a beer thank yo uvery much, I might turn it into a WVGA fund so I can develop Spb Mobile Shell on all resolutions so all donations will be very much appreciated :)

If this is true "I have only received 1 drink in the last week and my mouths getting dry :p" I think some members need to step up! He creates IMO ( and by reading the forum, I am not alone) some of the best MS3 widgets/extras/layouts there are out there. Especially all of the VGA users, DONATE, help buy him a device to test his creations on! I hope I dont offend anyone by what I say, but I think donating is very good way to show our appreciation for his hard work.
Sunday

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
Still getting no icons that I can see. When I press the area where they should be, it's working fine so something is working right. It's just blank screen, however. No old icons or new icons. I tried both of your files. Same thing. Thanks for your efforts!

Your stock menubar.xml is identical to mine when i used the two buttons without changes.
So my menubar.xml with the three htc buttons bar should fit to you.
I attach it below with the name htcmenubar.xml.
If you dont like the 3 buttons try the other attached file menubar.xml.In that file i deleted the third button.The position of the icons although, must be changed to come closer one to the other.If you have problems but you see the icons try to modify the x value of the two buttons in iconrect line.

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
I did some hunting around and it looks like the icons are in the ms_menu_btn file and are contained in the MenuIcons2_11 file. Maybe someone with some graphical skills can just swap out the two stock icons with the HTC ones?

If someone's attempting it, I'd prefer the 4-square panel HTC icon (5th one down) to replace the starred-favorites stock one and the second from the top phone icon to replace the stock phone favorites one.

Thanks for any and all help!

Still getting no icons that I can see. When I press the area where they should be, it's working fine so something is working right. It's just blank screen, however. No old icons or new icons. I tried both of your files. Same thing. Thanks for your efforts!

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Which upgrade are you referring to? There are a number of different upgrades that are part of this thread. You need to be a little more specific. The easiest suggestion for most of them is, have you done a soft reset?

Hi put the same question some posts before.

I've SBP shell 3.0.1_Release_Candidate_1__build_6501 and i've upgrade SpbMobileShell3.0-WQVGA-Skins_Release4.1 to 4.1.2 and afterwords to 4.1.3

I'm not able to see the new widgets: Battery Bar (Vertical and Horizontal); Weather icon (Medium / Big); Weather description

release413.jpg

or this:
weather-manilladay.jpg

Public_Enemy

Jan 24, 2009
hi ppl,
plz someone tell me how to get horizontal weather icons?not vertical. i'm installing any skin which have horizontal icons on screens, but no way, icons stay vertical..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.