Wifi calling discovery

Search This thread

The_F_Word

Dec 6, 2010
[/COLOR]
Ok, I'll start by praying then I'll make a goat sacrifice.

First what you wanna do is cut the head and hang it upside down old testimont style... and let the juice ozzz out of it.. and put it in a jar. Before you do that u wanna take the skin off and sell it up the street to good ole' billy "shoe maker" Macintosh. What he does is he will shine it up real nicely, turn it sideways and stick it straight up!...... on his favorite pair of boots..... hell then Wear em out for about a week or two.. then with the goat blood in a jar sell it to miss cleo....patra and what she does is make her favorite incense "horse pee juice" with a squeeze of half with two thirds and a split quarter dozen fourths of lemon wedges. Genlty pouring and stirring is what she allways says.
Then you make yourself a bon fire...
Ohhhh but not your average bon fire, first you must get sticks of bambo from an actual pandas mouth...
Second you will need to go to wonderland... ask for a fat cat named fatty fat fat.. and he will appear faster then you can say elleventyseventyeightytwoandanickleberrybluetreetwig! Then grab his whisker... ohh not just any whisker. You need to reach he left side whisker two wiskers down while holding your right hand up and your left hand covering you eye sockets...
Last but not least... climb the moutains and dust through the desert storms.. and during your journey you see a man who looks like the guy from assassins creed... he will tell you" who loves orange soda?"... and respond with these exact words....

"Kel loves orange soda" then he will present you a key that opens the bottom of lake Minnetonka!... only to find................wait for it....................
Wait for it...........
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I thought ide share my steps on how to get wifi on asop for now :)

Last edited:

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
[/COLOR]

First what you wanna do is cut the head and hang it upside down old testimont style... and let the juice ozzz out of it.. and put it in a jar. Before you do that u wanna take the skin off and sell it up the street to good ole' billy "shoe maker" Macintosh. What he does is he will shine it up real nicely, turn it sideways and stick it straight up!...... on his favorite pair of boots..... hell then Wear em out for about a week or two.. then with the goat blood in a jar sell it to miss cleo....patra and what she does is make her favorite incense "horse pee juice" with a squeeze of half with two thirds and a split quarter dozen fourths of lemon wedges. Genlty pouring and stirring is what she allways says.
Then you make yourself a bon fire...
Ohhhh but not your average bon fire, first you must get sticks of bambo from an actual pandas mouth...
Second you will need to go to wonderland... ask for a fat cat named fatty fat fat.. and he will appear faster then you can say elleventyseventyeightytwoandanickleberrybluetreetwig! Then grab his whisker... ohh not just any whisker. You need to reach he left side whisker two wiskers down while holding your right hand up and your left hand covering you eye sockets...
Last but not least... climb the moutains and dust through the desert storms.. and during your journey you see a man who looks like the guy from assassins creed... he will tell you" who loves orange soda?"... and respond with these exact words....

"Kel loves orange soda" then he will present you a key that opens the bottom of lake Minnetonka!... only to find................wait for it....................
Wait for it...........

I thought ide share my steps on how to get wifi on asop for now :)

Ummm I'm you have a great imagination... That or you must have been bored and in the story making mood because wtf is all that lol

mondokat

Dec 17, 2011
Back on track...

Just to get back on topic...

Has anyone tried side-loading the ims, ip-provider, ipservice, and wifi-calling apk's from the stock rom into cm10 (not cm10.1, since cm10 is 4.1 and cm10.1 is 4.2 and stock is 4.1) and see what happens? you might also need something like the secphone app (possibly a custom dialer, so the phone will actually use the wifi calling) and the mms/sms apps...

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
Just to get back on topic...

Has anyone tried side-loading the ims, ip-provider, ipservice, and wifi-calling apk's from the stock rom into cm10 (not cm10.1, since cm10 is 4.1 and cm10.1 is 4.2 and stock is 4.1) and see what happens? you might also need something like the secphone app (possibly a custom dialer, so the phone will actually use the wifi calling) and the mms/sms apps...

I thought the kernel has to support Wi-Fi calling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

mondokat

Dec 17, 2011
I thought the kernel has to support Wi-Fi calling?

nfc, i thought it MIGHT require the TW framework bits, but from what I could see by logging in and using lsof to see what was running, it wasn't obvious. I was just curious if anyone has actually tried it, or if they got like 2 steps in saw it would be complicated and gave up. I'd do it, by my GS3 is my daily driver and it's not super convenient to switch back and forth from stock to cm10 due to the fact cm10 breaks my sdcard. :(

merwin

Feb 14, 2006
The new WiFi calling is standard SIP protocol with extensions for text messages and is completely user mode. No special kernel mod necessary

YeaImRota

Feb 27, 2011
Hopefully we can get this ported to an AOSP ROM soon. It's the only thing keeping me on Touchwiz at the moment.

jesseelliott

Mar 4, 2011
Colorado Springs
How could this possibly hurt T-mobile

Let us not assume they are asking these questions to try and help us.. Everything T-Mobile has ever demonstrated toward the hacking community was finding ways to prevent or patch and progress made.. like they're going to assist us with tethering or wifi calling on custom ROMs.. not going to happen.. They are probably asking so they can investigate how it is working on an AOSP ROM and patch the exploit..

Someone please tell me how Wifi-Calling on a custom ROM hurts T-mobile. It takes load off of their network. It gives their customers a much broader network. What do they gain by maintaining tight control? Why wouldn't they want it as ubiquitous as possible? I guess one reason would be that it allows people to more easily move to custom ROMs where T-mobile has a much harder time charging for wifi-tethering and whatnot...oh well.

sonwon

Apr 4, 2008
Someone please tell me how Wifi-Calling on a custom ROM hurts T-mobile. It takes load off of their network. It gives their customers a much broader network. What do they gain by maintaining tight control? Why wouldn't they want it as ubiquitous as possible? I guess one reason would be that it allows people to more easily move to custom ROMs where T-mobile has a much harder time charging for wifi-tethering and whatnot...oh well.

Companies can be shortsighted and motivated by greed, they usually are.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive been looking around and researching on how to get wifi calling on AOSP roms. I have made what I believe to be a big discovery. T-mobile now uses IMS for newer android phones, which is UMA/sip etc. I decompiled the ims-service.apk from the stock DLJA rom. I found an XML that contains the settings to use the service! You can get the IMS installer from here http://code.google.com/p/the-ims-open-source-project-for-android/

I put the settings into the app and tried connecting but it came up with ER05, invalid SIM card. I googled that and it I get leads to saying that the sim isn't authenticated for WIFI calling. I know that it is, because it works fine on stock roms. I've also attached a logcat of me attempting to connect. I've attempted to change some of the info of the strings to reflect my personal phone number but that did not change anything.
    Gary moved it out of the Int'l SGS3 Developer's Discussion threads where he has limited Mod powers.
    So I took part in a survey this morning sent from T-Mobile. They had some very interesting questions pertaining to Wi-Fi Calling and AOSP ROMS, specifically if I was running on a rooted device, and if I was able to get Wi-Fi calling enabled on whatever ROM I was using. They had other questions about Wi-Fi Calling and how much I would use it, etc...Apparently they're recognizing the community and are starting to ask the right questions. I like this line of thinking!
    Let us not assume they are asking these questions to try and help us.. Everything T-Mobile has ever demonstrated toward the hacking community was finding ways to prevent or patch and progress made.. like they're going to assist us with tethering or wifi calling on custom ROMs.. not going to happen.. They are probably asking so they can investigate how it is working on an AOSP ROM and patch the exploit..
    Go ahead and hop to it :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll start by praying then I'll make a goat sacrifice.