FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them

9,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
By Goku80, Senior Member on 1st March 2013, 12:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2013, 05:08 PM |#11  
XxVcVxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

same as audioout_1 and audioout_3

EDIT:added a bit more info regarding those 2 wakelocks and provided another link as well if anyone needs to do more reading
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629346

AudioOut_4 seems to be different. At least on my phone, it occurs when I leave a game, say NFSMW without actually killing it then turning the screen off.

Sent from something that's BETTER THAN YOURS
 
 
1st March 2013, 05:13 PM |#12  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVcVxX

AudioOut_4 seems to be different. At least on my phone, it occurs when I leave a game, say NFSMW without actually killing it then turning the screen off.

Sent from something that's BETTER THAN YOURS

So just kill he game before you turn the screen off. Give me time and will add more.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
1st March 2013, 06:25 PM |#13  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVcVxX

AudioOut_4 seems to be different. At least on my phone, it occurs when I leave a game, say NFSMW without actually killing it then turning the screen off.

Sent from something that's BETTER THAN YOURS

Right been diving into more regarding this audioout_4 wakelock thing and from reading around the forums here and from searching google it is exactly as i stated from the start..

audio related as it states from its name and you talking about the game..now when you are turning the screen off the game is still running in the background...so of course that will drain your battery and will cause you the massive wakelock..

similar to one that i had...i was watching a video in the browser....i just pressed the home button and left the phone and screen was off..woke up the next day and the battery was flat..why? because in the background the video on the website i was checking out was still running...hence why the massive drain in battery..that is similar to your situation...

solution: always disable or kill what you are playing or watching or listening to on your phone

EDIT: check post 4 for more info
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 07:20 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 349
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
You deserve all my thanks for today

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
1st March 2013, 07:31 PM |#15  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by drali500

You deserve all my thanks for today

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Thanks but why

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
1st March 2013, 08:32 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 349
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

Thanks but why

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

It very good thread I searched for something like this many times and more you manged to sum it all for us... Thanks again

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
2nd March 2013, 11:01 AM |#17  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
powerManagerService

Suspend_backoff


Added to post 3. plus added a bit more info as well in few of the wakelocks..more to come
2nd March 2013, 11:19 AM |#18  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
guys if you want to post here your wakelocks and need help feel free to do so...will try my best to help out and see what is the problem..that way i can learn more and help you guys out in the process
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 12:45 PM |#19  
rkuijpers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 490
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Hey Goku80,

Very, very nice work man!

I do have a wakelock for your list, it's the st_wake_lock, like in this screenshot:


I already googled it, but couldn't find any useful information.
Could be it's only the name for a set of wakelocks together, I don't know really.

What can you tel me about it, and how to avoid it?

Love your thread man, very good work! :thumbup::beer:

PS: partial wakelocks look like this:
2nd March 2013, 12:54 PM |#20  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuijpers

Hey Goku80,

Very, very nice work man!

I do have a wakelock for your list, it's the st_wake_lock, like in this screenshot:



I already googled it, but couldn't find any useful information.
Could be it's only the name for a set of wakelocks together, I don't know really.

What can you tel me about it, and how to avoid it?

Love your thread man, very good work! :thumbup::beer:

PS: partial wakelocks look like this:

by any chance do you have volume keys set to wake the phone up?
Anyways to be honest i would not worry about what you have in the kernel wakelocks...mainly be worried what you have the highest in partial wakelocks..and from your second image so far so good....keep me posted when the battery goes to its lowest...

EDIT: just to add. Ignore "Kernel Wackelocks", cause its from the system itself, like connection & other stuff.
2nd March 2013, 09:56 PM |#21  
rkuijpers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 490
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

by any chance do you have volume keys set to wake the phone up?
Anyways to be honest i would not worry about what you have in the kernel wakelocks...mainly be worried what you have the highest in partial wakelocks..and from your second image so far so good....keep me posted when the battery goes to its lowest...

EDIT: just to add. Ignore "Kernel Wackelocks", cause its from the system itself, like connection & other stuff.

Nope, no volume keys used by me to wake the phone. But I do use s2w and the recent key to unlock afterwards.

I've already been hunting wakelocks for a long time, since I got my first android device, the HTC Desire several years ago.

Now with JB, Google Now and location services have been the biggest reasons for wakelocks on my HOX. As you can see in my last screenshot, I don't have any wakelocks from Google Now, Google maps and location services.

But that's only since I switched them all off in settings. The benefits of Google Now are very limited here in the Netherlands anyway, so I decided to switch them off in favour of a lot less battery drain due to wakelocks from them.

Those wakelocks seem to have had something to do with location services in combination with wifi. On 3g they were almost non existent.

But now I'm very happy with battery drain when idle, although I did have to somewhat cripple my HOX for it

Don't know if everybody using Google Now is having those many wakelocks on wifi though, but I literally had hundreds per hour, keeping my HOX awake almost all the time.

Anyway, keep up the good work Goku80, I'm a fan! :beer:
The Following User Says Thank You to rkuijpers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rkuijpers Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes