[CLOSED] Official CM10.1 Nightlies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

khaivq

Jul 14, 2012
I still have two issues with my otherwise perfect setup.

1. How do you power off? I have installed an app to do that, but it only shuts off the screen. The LED ring is still on.. Which brings me to..

2. Is there anyway to turn off that LED ring? It lights up the entire bedroom...

I love my Q after installing CM 10.1 and XBMC. I use Tablet remote to launch XBMC, and after that I use the official XBMC remote.

I have also tried playing GTA3 using the tablet remote as controller... Actually worked ok.

/NinjaOne

Sendt fra min GT-I9300ZSEMA1

To control the LED, you could try this application bliny.net/blog/post/QRemote-Nexus-Q-Application.aspx

Yes, I wish we can re-program the mute button to be the power button. When user touch the Q, it will show to Power Menu (with Power Off / Reboot / Cancel), then we can use Volume Up/Down to select an option, and tap the Q again to select (similar to CWM Recovery Menu)

animal24

Sep 4, 2011
To control the LED, you could try this application bliny.net/blog/post/QRemote-Nexus-Q-Application.aspx

Yes, I wish we can re-program the mute button to be the power button. When user touch the Q, it will show to Power Menu (with Power Off / Reboot / Cancel), then we can use Volume Up/Down to select an option, and tap the Q again to select (similar to CWM Recovery Menu)

Does the qremote work with cm again? When I tried it it couldn't connect to the api or something

cmanon

Jan 6, 2011
Problems to boot

I'm trying to install cm-10.1, well actually installed the latest nightly (20130228) following the wiki instructions and it never started for the first time it is stuck in the cyanogenmod starting animation, so:

- Does anybody has run into this problem and has some light on to solve it?
- Any idea how to boot into recovery?

Thanks

trschober

Jul 29, 2010
Santiago
I'm trying to install cm-10.1, well actually installed the latest nightly (20130228) following the wiki instructions and it never started for the first time it is stuck in the cyanogenmod starting animation, so:

- Does anybody has run into this problem and has some light on to solve it?
- Any idea how to boot into recovery?

Thanks

I'm stuck on that too, with any nightly on get.cm server.
I can boot into recovery by booting into fastboot (plug off, plug on, cover led until it's red), and fastboot boot recovery.img
I think that CM somehow changes the partitions because it wont boot anything else after you've flashed it.
I managed to restore the factory image using https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#tungsten
I'm really sad that I cannot try CM10.1:(

cmanon

Jan 6, 2011
I'm stuck on that too, with any nightly on get.cm server.
I can boot into recovery by booting into fastboot (plug off, plug on, cover led until it's red), and fastboot boot recovery.img
I think that CM somehow changes the partitions because it wont boot anything else after you've flashed it.
I managed to restore the factory image using
I'm really sad that I cannot try CM10.1:(

Thanks for the reply, will try to go back to default, that in my case it makes not much difference as I'm not in the US the device is almost useless.

trschober

Jul 29, 2010
Santiago
turns out cm10.1 doesn't work with my TV. when I connected the Q to a computer monitor, it worked just fine. Gotta figure out what's going on

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
anybody able to mount a mass storage device with CM10.1?? I haven't been able to since putting it on.

Sent from my Nexus Q using Tapatalk 2

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
Feature requests for CM10.1 on the Nexus Q:

• Fix mounting storage
  • Regain some Native functioning so that the Nexus Q app can connect to the Q.

• This will bring back the ability to change the LED brightness,
  • Allow changing of the audio outputs including the amplified/powered analogue (which is currently missing). I used this to power a sub on stock ROM.
  • Plus it will give the option to push videos and music to the Q at any time, as was available in stock.
  • Allow a specific way to bring up the power menu in CM10.1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was really excited when I heard CM released a build for the Q but was sad to learn it breaks functionality. If any one has any success using apps on the device such as netflix but retaining the Q's original functionality please share how you achieved this. :highfive:

The easiest way to do this because it doesn't require unlocking/rooting/flashing a rom, etc (I haven't done it for Netflix but it should work):

• For control of the Q use a usb otg cable to connect a wireless receiver for keyboard/mouse. I use the one released for the Xoom (http://goo.gl/kHkNZ) with the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse" because it works perfectly and is cheap (http://goo.gl/UDWI3).
    • enable adb on the Q and adb push the Netflix apk (pull from another device) to the sdcard partition on the Q. Adb install it.
    • adb install "Juice Receiver" on the Q - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746713
    • adb start "Juice Receiver" on the Q. The command should be "adb shell am start com.jigawattlabs.juicereceiver/.MainActivity"
    • now you should be able to connect to the Q through a web browser with the "q.ip.address:8081". When you first start Juice Receiver it will tell you the IP of the Q (if it's connected by WiFi), alternatively go into your router's configuration to find the Q's IP. I set my Q to a static IP by using address reservation on my router.
    • on the Juice Reciever page, there is a link to list all the installed packages on the Q. Click it.
    • find the link for Netflix and look at the url. For example, XBMC on mine is "http://192.168.1.X:8081/launch?package=org.xbmc.xbmc"
    • clicking that link should launch Netflix on the Q.
    • For convenience, create a bookmark on your phone/tablet launcher homescreen pointing to the url to launch Netflix. Or write it to an NFC tag so that the url launches in the background (i.e. prevents the browser from opening on the phone/tablet). Go nuts.

Since I took the time to type this up, at least let us know if you get it working. Specifically, how good of an experience is Netflix on the Q?
    I still have two issues with my otherwise perfect setup.

1. How do you power off? I have installed an app to do that, but it only shuts off the screen. The LED ring is still on.. Which brings me to..

2. Is there anyway to turn off that LED ring? It lights up the entire bedroom...

I love my Q after installing CM 10.1 and XBMC. I use Tablet remote to launch XBMC, and after that I use the official XBMC remote.

I have also tried playing GTA3 using the tablet remote as controller... Actually worked ok.

/NinjaOne

Sendt fra min GT-I9300ZSEMA1

How r u guys connecting to the nexus q ? Threw the mico USB ,? I connect micro USB to windows computer and nothing happens r there drivers posted somewhere , .

I had to use these universal naked drivers.

You know you need a otg usb cable to connect a wired mouse right?
    do you have volume control with keyboard or the Nexus Q itself?

Nope. Seems to be the only thing broken.
    Right. How does the Nexus q work? Is there a screen where you can actually use it as an Android phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II GT-N7105 LTE using XDA Premium HD

It is the same as android minus the GSM/Phone features. It's basically the Maguro (Galaxy Nexus) internals minus the GSM Radios.
    But technically you could still make wifi calls, skype etc if you connect a Mic to the Nexus Q.

It's a AC powered Android Interface for your TV, with a tablet layout. Really cool for netflix, playing hd movie downloads, and pretty much most of the Android apps available.

Sent from my Nexus Q using Tapatalk 2