FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 586

By Restola, Senior Member on 29th December 2012, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#1051  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17
Yeah I am also still getting terrible service...

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app

1st March 2013, 12:21 AM |#1052  
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMcLovin

Speaking of the most recent VRBMA2 radio... I didn't have the best of luck with that one. Had data drops in locations were previously it was spot on, ended up going back to VRLHE which has been very good here in So Cal.

My data speed with stock radio (I had the jelly bean ota then rooted and got cm10.1, so whatever radio that left me with) was 23Mb/s last night, then after I flashed the newest it was only at around 2Mb/s

Sent from GS3 running CM10.1
1st March 2013, 05:46 AM |#1053  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Do you think that one is the best one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
1st March 2013, 11:43 AM |#1054  
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Just did another speed test, back up top where it should be. I wonder why it was acting up when I first flashed it...

I wish I had recorded signal strength in various locations for comparisons before I flashed the newest radio though.

Sent from GS3 running CM10.1
1st March 2013, 07:43 PM |#1055  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
I just wanted to say THANKS for the fix in last nights build. I was having an issue since the beginning of CM10.1, where when you would listen to messages in Verizon Visual Voicemail, they would always play out of the external speaker no matter what setting you selected, plus it was annoyingly loud. Today, all is WELL! It is now behaving as it should. It is not overly loud through the external speaker, and you can actually select earpiece for default, and it actually changes to the earpiece now!
Thanks Again!
1st March 2013, 09:57 PM |#1056  
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddley

The devs are very aware of this. IIRC correctly invisiblek said it's a kernel issue and is fixed in an updated kernel that is still a work in progress.

Actually, I'm not sure if this is fixed in 3.4 or not. I usually reboot too often to see this (for me it would take like a day for the problem to surface)
It's most definitely on the radar, just not high priority. I'll try to keep it running for an extended period of time and see if this problem comes up. (But the weekend might be a bad time to make a promise like this =P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaplngrillsgt

I tried disabling JD for a whole day to see if that made a difference. No change...

I did change one of the settings within Wifi to not try to use as little battery when wifi is on and that seems to help keep wifi on a bit longer, but then it all goes to hell when it disconnects.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

The problem with 90% of these "one-off" issues that people have is that there are too many variables. My suggestion, if you are running into an unreported or obscure problem, is to wipe data/factory reset, reflash your rom and official gapps only. No custom stuff (inverted gapps, custom kernels, etc) and boot up, don't install any apps, and see if the problem is still there. When you start replacing system files with "unofficial" ones (gapps, kernel/modules) many different things can happen that are tough to account for. This goes for installing root apps too, or apps designed to "monitor" your device for certain things. Who knows WTF a root app is doing mucking around on your device, and these battery monitor, tasker, etc apps can cause wakelocks and other unintentional problems. Especially since you don't know how an app for say, ICS, would play with JB 4.2.2, and who knows if the app dev has updated to account for any changes to JB. I don't mean to bash anyone's app or kernel, I'm sure most of them run perfectly fine, but getting to the root cause of a problem has to start with eliminating all external variables.

Ok, enough of my long-winded rants.
Regardless of what you have running/flashed/etc, make sure you are posting relevant logcats and dmesgs, especially on these odd problems that nobody else seems to have. If you don't, your post isn't much help to anyone. (Hint: use pastebin!)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to invisiblek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 04:26 PM |#1057  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 586

More
So I finally got a BT headset (welcome to last decade me). Is it a known issue that it will not work with Skype? I just hear static. Not sure if thats CM10.1 or an issue with Skype. Otherwise it seems to work great.
2nd March 2013, 10:59 PM |#1058  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Oh geez, here we go! Latest nightly I am losing my 3G/4G signal every few hours. Never had this happen before, except back when nightlies FIRST came out for the SG3. Was the new radio base band implemented into the most recent nightly?
3rd March 2013, 12:04 AM |#1059  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarscaryfrosty

Oh geez, here we go! Latest nightly I am losing my 3G/4G signal every few hours. Never had this happen before, except back when nightlies FIRST came out for the SG3. Was the new radio base band implemented into the most recent nightly?

No. CM does not include radios in their roms.

Sent using Tapatalk
3rd March 2013, 01:34 AM |#1060  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth111

No. CM does not include radios in their roms.

Sent using Tapatalk

restarted my phone and hasn't happened yet. I'll cross my fingers and hope it was a one time thing. thanks for the reply!
3rd March 2013, 03:56 PM |#1061  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 8

More
CM 10.1 Nightlies Format Change
For some reason, since Feb 26, I am no longer receiving emails indicating that Replies have been made to this thread. Also, I used to go to Settings/About Phone/Cyanogenmod Updates, click on Refresh, and click on the Nightly Download. It would Dirty Flash it. Now, I receive a brown, circular icon in my Notification area with various options such as Download, Delta Download, Add Zip, Google Apps (checkbox), Wipe Cache and Data, etc..

I do not know the difference between Download and Delta Download
I do not know the significance of Add Zip
Do I need to Wipe Cache and Data every night

Could someone explain each of these options and whether I need to do all or just some

I still have Instant Email Notification as a default so why have I not received a notification of new replies for this thread and the developers thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)