Re: 7.8 official update for LG E900 (optimus 7) Available through rce update
Plugged it in, surprise surprise update available
Carrier free

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

7th February 2013, 08:14 AM |#12  
Flag Makati City
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I just got it to work using the unplug method, I'll be keeping this phone a bit longer now
8th February 2013, 02:21 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibz

I just got it to work using the unplug method, I'll be keeping this phone a bit longer now

i was lurking online stores for a new wp8 device but suddenly something told me, y u no check xda?

so after many attempts, force update worked and currenlty being installed on my solid rock e900!

thanks 4 saving me 300€ xda & friends !
10th February 2013, 08:05 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just installing!
Just installing the update now.

I have a German LG E900, running on a UK Talkmobile (MVNO of Vodafone)! No wonder I had to force update!

I tried loads of things, and on the verge of giving up, when I used the UK Proxy tip, earlier in the thread. (Even though I am already in UK!)

I also noticed by doing that that I didn't even have an APN.... maybe that had something to do with it.

Anyway, the FIRST time I used the UK proxy, it found the update. However the update failed because I didn't switch the internet back on my laptop.

So...

1. Switch Wifi off on your phone, but leave data on (using UK Proxy as earlier in thread)
2, Internet ON your PC/Laptop, then open Zune and check for updates. If no update is found then carry on to step 3
3. Click update again, then after 3 seconds or so, disconnect internet from your PC
4. repeat steps 2-3 until it finds an update.
5. Once it finds an update, make sure you switch the internet back ON your laptop/PC, otherwise you'll have to repeat all over again!

Thanks to everyone for the tips. Good work. I assume my phone will be working ok, I will post an update if any problems.

Cheers
12th February 2013, 01:11 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
My LG E900 now are Windows Phone 7.8 (OS Version 7.10.8858.136).

Updated by tweaking server with disconnecting router cable 5sec after clicknig Update button .

Enjoy!
14th February 2013, 07:55 PM |#16  

More
i keep getting an error saying it cant search for an update, i tried two different computers, no luck, i tried the force update by switching off wifi, still no luck. Can someone help? thanks
15th February 2013, 09:57 AM |#17  

More
I also try to update my phone.
First I tried with the cable trick. This did not work. I always got the 801812DC error which is refering to not be able to create a backup.
I hard reset the phone as recmmended but no result.
I checked the back up directory bt nothibg was in.
I tried on a fresh PC.
I tried with the tool from windowsphonehacker, the so called seveneighter.
I tried different USB ports
I tried different USB cables.

All are giving me the same 801812dc error.

Is there any other possibility? I also contacted LG but as I bought the phone as a used one I have no official bill. Therefore I can not prove it is not already out of warranty.

Please anny suggestion would be helpfull.

I had the same error when I update to 7.5. At this time I downgraded via a cab file from teh forum and then everything as working normally via Zune.
17th February 2013, 01:08 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
It's just time temping and patience. Beleive me, but if you have no patience, try to use this tool: LINK at your own risk!

szia
1st March 2013, 11:46 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious6969

1. Switch Wifi off on your phone, but leave data on (using UK Proxy as earlier in thread)
2, Internet ON your PC/Laptop, then open Zune and check for updates. If no update is found then carry on to step 3
3. Click update again, then after 3 seconds or so, disconnect internet from your PC
4. repeat steps 2-3 until it finds an update.
5. Once it finds an update, make sure you switch the internet back ON your laptop/PC, otherwise you'll have to repeat all over again!

This process does work! just a few extra notes on my experience

I have sim free UK LG E900 with Giff Gaff sim

For a successful upgrade process I had to;

First delete the giff gaff APN info and create a new apn with just the IP address and port info on page 1

I then had to reboot phone with new apn info

The timing of disconnecting the internet from the windows PC is critical , I have a laptop, with a combination of Function Key and F11 I can disable wireless pretty much instantly , if you disconnect to soon you get the update service is not available error , if you disconnect to slowly you get the Phone is upto date no update required problem , it seems to be somewhere between 2- 3 seconds ( I used to old 1000, 2000, 3000 counting method and it is somewhere between 2000 and 3000)

In total I had to update 3 times (as per previous post ) in order to get 7.8

But now thanks to the above technique I have a LG E900 at Windows 7.8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)