[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][WiFi][KOT49H] SomethingExplosive - v2.0.4 - 01/11/14

Search This thread

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Working great so far.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the ROM, the name always makes me think of the Family Guy episode, "something, something, darkside". ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Nice. This way is definitely better. :)

So far so good, thanks for good build

Thanks for all the feedback guys, great to know it's working well. :victory:

Reactions: stonebear

AwaKeN

May 28, 2007
Sainte-Catherine
Re: [ROM][AOSP][4.2.2][WiFi][JDQ39] SomethingJelly - v0.9.9 - 02/14/13

Is this rom will solve my wifi problem i have with my tablet that can't connect to an adhoc wifi ?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Is this rom will solve my wifi problem i have with my tablet that can't connect to an adhoc wifi ?

I would try it out for yourself, and then if it doesn't work, let me know exactly what you're trying to do, and I'll take a look and see what I can do?

Let me know!

something15525

Dec 12, 2010

Actually, I just looked into this and it looks like Android does not support Ad Hoc networks. You should test it anyways, I'm curious to see what happens. If it doesn't work, I could look into maybe supporting it in the future.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles

Works like a champ. 1% battery drain overnight and fluid ass fuark. :thumbup:
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: something15525

AwaKeN

May 28, 2007
Sainte-Catherine

I've just tried and it doesn't work with my "OBD2" device, as you mentioned, Android doesn't support it since 4.0, and i know that a lot of people need it, so if you are able to make it work, you will have a lot of happy happy happy people !

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Will you work onthe AD HOC on your next release ?

It's not on the top of my list now, but it is on my list. I've looked into it a bit and found a solution for ICS but the question is whether or not it works on JB. Another problem is that the solution for ICS that I found makes the WiFi a little buggy, and requires turning it off and on a couple times after turning on the device...

You can see my dilemma here, as I would love to add this functionality, but at the same time I don't want to compromise stability. I'll be looking into the matter further to see if I can find something more stable, but at the moment I haven't found much that has convinced me. I'll have to run some more testing before I can be sure.

Sorry if this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear...I'm trying to be as accommodating as possible while not compromising the stability of the ROM.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted an update, but here I am, just letting you know I'm still here! I was planning on having a build out here these past few days, but my main drive in my build server failed :(. I'm working on getting it back up and running, but it might be a few more days before I can get it working again. I will have a build up here as soon as possible, and thanks for hanging in there guys!

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Version 1.1.0 has been released. Changelog is as follows:

### 1.1.0
* common: update to android-4.2.2_r1.2
* SoMeX: add dictionaries and gesture keyboard support (CM)
* common: add PrivacyGuard support (incognito mode) (cyanogen)
* settings: add PrivacyGuard manager (slimroms)
* common: add SMS Security support (lithid)
* phone/contacts: add T9 dialer and landscape dialer functionality
* phone: Make going to call log after call optional (CM)
* libcore: patch BOTH master-key security exploits! (AOSP)
* phone: add transparency to incall screen (fitsnugly)

Deodexed builds are up, odexed will follow later today.

Just an extra note, you should no longer need to use the modified gapps I provided for gesture keyboard, you can use the official gapps now. Link is in OP.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Hey guys, 4.3 builds are up! Test em out and let me know how they run! I tested a bit and it seems to be pretty stable, let me know if there are any issues. :)

The gapps have been updated for 4.3, so you need the new package (updated in OP) to flash with this zip.

Also, Google's dialpad autocomplete has replaced the CM T9 dialer, and will need to be turned on in the Phone settings if you want to use it (it's off by default).

Reactions: HyperTension

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Manta

This is AOSP built with root capabilities and added functionality. Fast and light!

Features
    Here

Changelog
    Here

Thanks to
    dreamsforgotten
    UBER
    IT_Blackbelt
    mwalt2
    bigrushdog for the GAPPS
    Mike Wielgosz and his Crossbones repositories, they really helped me get started on this.
    Crossbones GitHub
    CyanogenMod for the great code they contribute to this community.
    CyanogenMod GitHub

Please, let me know what you think and report any problems! Thanks XDA!

Sources:
    Google: Android 4.4.2_r1
    SomethingExplosive: GitHub
    Me: My GitHub
    Downloads

Flashing Instructions
    Download ROM (links below)
    Wipe data,cache,system
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Profit!

NOTE: If coming from a previous build, wipe cache and dirty flash! ;)

Current Version (Updated 1/11/14)

Downloads

Google Apps (Updated 1/11/14)

Gapps
    Download
    New build up! Now with odexed and deodexed builds! :)
    Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted an update, but here I am, just letting you know I'm still here! I was planning on having a build out here these past few days, but my main drive in my build server failed :(. I'm working on getting it back up and running, but it might be a few more days before I can get it working again. I will have a build up here as soon as possible, and thanks for hanging in there guys!
    can I flash just the latest stock gapps. What does minimal consist of

The minimal gapps just points to the latest gapps from http://goo.im/gapps. Only reason i say minimal is because it doesn't have the gesture keyboard and a small amount of google apps.