[GUIDE] How to UNBRICK your Optimus G - security error, bootloop etc

Search This thread

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Please help me.

My lg optimus black p970 is dead

When i was take rom backup from rom manger it reboot and stuct.at lg logo.

Showing security error.:crying:

Sorry to hear but this is the Optimus G forums. You may have to ask for a solution in the P970 forums.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I have a Sprint LG LS970, but it says made in Korea, so does that mean I have the Korean version?

Also when I try the steps on the first page, I get a cab file. I tried using the app and the link (csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=MEID) way. You can also see in the file it shows it as a .cab file.
and my MEID number on back of phone is only 14 digits.

Any ideas? Thanks for all you do!

LG is a Korean company. Pretty sure all Optimus G variants are made there. You may want to check the Sprint Optimus G section for latest root instructions.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

rubbertoes

Mar 4, 2013
LG is a Korean company. Pretty sure all Optimus G variants are made there. You may want to check the Sprint Optimus G section for latest root instructions.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Hi thanks for feedback. Howeve,r my issue has to do with security error. It boots to this message and then shuts off. I think what happened was I had some bloatware deleted and went from unlocked to locked and now it won't boot past the security error. Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much and have a great day!

vermabhanu

Jan 3, 2012
Ahmedabad-India
Xiaomi Mi 9
Phone does not boot.Please HELP!!!

Hello everyone,

• I got LGOG E973 unlocked from canada 2 weeks ago. It was all working well with 3g data wifi and every single functionality working in the phone. One day the data connection stopped working.
  • To check if there was a problem with sim or phone, I changed the card.
  • Without switching it off, I changed the sim card and the phone rebooted with another sim's network.
  • The data connection worked properly in the phone.
  • So, I SWITCHED OFF the phone, CHANGED the sim card and ALAS, THE PHONE DID NOT BOOT.
  • I tried a lot to boot it up but there was not even a single trace of light on this giant screen. I put the phone in recovery mode by pressing VOL DWN+PWR and hard reset the phone, but still it did not boot up.
  • Then I searched a lot in the forums and tried every single method there to restore my phone, but, I am not able to boot my phone.
  • The current condition of the phone is:

• -Does not boot up at all.
      -Does not show anything on screen when put in charging mode
      -Goes in download mode by pressing both the volume buttons and attaching the usb cable.
      -Does not boot into recovery mode (if anyone knows how to do it, please let me know)

I am extremely helpless so if anyone has any idea what can be done to pump life into this phone, I shall be really grateful.
PLEASE HELP!!!

xodeus

Mar 13, 2010
Fredericia
xodeus.dk
Sv: [GUIDE] How to UNBRICK your Optimus G - security error, bootloop etc

If you cab get it in download mode then I'll suggest you to restore it by using the guide in the OP.

Sendt fra min LG Optimus G testenhed. #optimusgdk

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
I'm having trouble with the updater. It keeps on crashing for me... Does it work for anyone else? I've tried on multiple computers.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Can't run without admin. But installing MSXML seemed to fix it. Apparently it wasn't installed earlier.

I'm stuck on boot screen though. Even wiping the data didn't work. Gonna try again..

Power + volume down for LG factory reset.
I meant admin as in right click and running as Administrator.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Reactions: geokilla

jlaver

Jan 2, 2011
Just want to say thanks again for this thread. Already hit the Thanks button, but wanted to take the time to say you definitely saved my arse haha!

To anyone having trouble with "Phone not detected" errors who's just skipped to the last page, go through and read the complete thread. Driver issues turned out to be my problem as indicated by trincisor and a few other users. Thanks to you guys also!

Reactions: ManyouRisms

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Power + volume down for LG factory reset.
I meant admin as in right click and running as Administrator.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

After running the wipe.bat, I get a dead Android logo after the LG logo. Now it's attempting to boot up again.

Ok just got the factory hard reset done. Now Android logo is up and running.

IT'S UP!!!!

Last edited:

maddog497

Jul 18, 2009
Just want to say thanks! It works flawless. You are the man!

Just used this and all is good.

I used the http site with my phone imei and that download must have been corrupt as it came back with errors.

I then used the Original firmware app from xda and that download worked.

For information sake : I got into a pickle by unlocking my bootloader and then unrooting. I was attempting to get the official upgrade from Rogers. The phone turned off and would not restart.

Once the kdz upgrade program started mine counted up to 96, then the phone rebooted and all was good. Nothing else was needed. I am now on 4.1.2

a big thank you. M

BOOMHAUER1123

Mar 26, 2013
I'm having problems when it comes time to select the firmware file. It is in the downloads file but when i double click on the file it says no items match your search.

krk2krk

Nov 17, 2011
update doubt

For whatever reasons (improper rooting/flashing, power outage during updating, freezing/removal of LG bloatwares or simple bad luck etc), if you bricked your Optimus G and is stuck with a Security Error or in a bootloop, fear not, as long as you can put it into Download and Recovery Mode, all is not lost.

I got the korean version of the (almost) Optimus G (Optimus LTE2, f160k) and ran into the same security error problem that happened out of the blue.

The steps that I undertook below resolved the problem for me and has been proven to work on Optimus G by fellow members.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34516791&postcount=29

1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via the app below (kudos to the creator)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgeb6o5osy2yl9c

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below

http://www.mediafire.com/?82nt1aeh04aqa3m

3) Download LG KDZ Updater

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file

http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: CS_Emergency
KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.

However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.

12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

Hope with this simple guide fellow members will feel safer when rooting or removing non essential LG wares from their Optimus G.

:)

i wanna update my G 975v10c to 975v10d can any one say whats the changelog... can any one plz say...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For whatever reasons (improper rooting/flashing, power outage during updating, freezing/removal of LG bloatwares or simple bad luck etc), if you bricked your Optimus G and is stuck with a Security Error or in a bootloop, fear not, as long as you can put it into Download and Recovery Mode, all is not lost.

I got the korean version of the (almost) Optimus G (Optimus LTE2, f160k) and ran into the same security error problem that happened out of the blue.

The steps that I undertook below resolved the problem for me and has been proven to work on Optimus G by fellow members.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34516791&postcount=29

1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via the app below (kudos to the creator)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgeb6o5osy2yl9c

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below

http://www.mediafire.com/?82nt1aeh04aqa3m

3) Download LG KDZ Updater

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file

http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: CS_Emergency
    KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.

However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.

12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

Hope with this simple guide fellow members will feel safer when rooting or removing non essential LG wares from their Optimus G.

Ok I have figured it out. If anyone is having a similar issue here is what you do:

First follow the guide in this thread, if you are still stuck at boot logo even after the manual wipe power off your phone, hold down the power and volume down keys to enter factory reset mode and click power again to confirm a factory reset. This worked like a charm for me :)
    I have E973 from Bell and it's been bricked since sunday after renaming couple of system apps.
    I am trying to follow the instruction above but i can't download KDZ file with LG firmware downloader bc it just would not take my SN.
    Error msg is "unsuccessful in connecting to server orphone infomations is wrong!"
    Could anyone upload KDZ file for Bell E973 somewhere on the net that i can download?

It would be much appreciated..

Go here, replacing <yourimei> with your actual imei (just numbers, nothing else), it'll spit out a bunch of text including an address with the kdz.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=<yourimei>
    Thanks for your response! So this method only works for the Sprint version??

as far as i know this this methode may work for sprint/att altho i think lgnpst is better/easier but only available for sprint and att phones

the kdz method is what roger/bell/telus, korean, japan use to recover
    I have E973 from Bell and it's been bricked since sunday after renaming couple of system apps.
    I am trying to follow the instruction above but i can't download KDZ file with LG firmware downloader bc it just would not take my SN.
    Error msg is "unsuccessful in connecting to server orphone infomations is wrong!"
    Could anyone upload KDZ file for Bell E973 somewhere on the net that i can download?

It would be much appreciated..

2nd thracky's view.

would recommend u do it on the PC, use the app, enter your model E973, enter your imei (15 digits, usually means omitting the the last 0 or digit), shd be able to download your KDZ.