[GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

Search This thread

hsnu_976

Apr 2, 2011
Deleted system application are auto restored after rebooting

Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Last edited:

allblur

Jul 12, 2010
It worked, thanks so much

Hey guys just want to let you know that this thread was VERY helpful. Though I had to switch between my mac and windows for rooting/flashing/ recovery lol This was my first device that I've tried rooting and it worked wonderfully. If any of you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them due to the hour and half of grinding the internet for cmd and terminal access HAHA

veasna.kelly

Aug 14, 2010
Phnom Penh
Any solutions so far?

Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Anybody has solution so far? Really boring with the auto set up chinese app as those are not useful.

icaro88duboa

Oct 2, 2013
works with Star X920F

Hello !!!
my question is!
works with Star X920F Buttterfly MTK6589T 1.5GHz Quad Core 5.0'' FHD Screen 1GB+16GB
i get from de china market fastcardtech.com

this update works ?;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

I got my HTC Butterfly from China. It has got China market HTC Marketplace Chineese and lots of chinese apps and no google play store.

Searched some but got no solution and decided to start a solution for all people.

1. Unlock from HTCDEV
    2. Install Recovery
      Download x920e Open Recovery from HERE

Install via fastboot

Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    3. Gain Root Access via Recovery
      Download and copy Root file to your x920e storage . Download from here .

Reboot into recovery
      Install zip from sdcard
      Chose Root.zip
      Reboot system

Now you are unlocked and rooted. Let's install Google Play Store

BUMP NEW UPDATE !

• Download Gapps Package from goo.im or HERE !
    • Install via OpenRecovery
    • Now Reboot.

After reboot finish you can login with your google account.

Have Fun.

Ps: Only tried with X920e No idea about x920d etc.
    Ps 2 : i am cleaning china rom. I will share clean backup soon.

Added :

Full Rom Backup via Open Recovery :

http://www.multiupload.nl/XXN40NTH4L
    Yes is X920D i bought it on first day launch ;)

still find a best way to root this Amazing phone .. if i success to do so i will post it here ..fingers cross :D

bro..X920D Malaysia can be rooted with this method..as I have rooted my device with this method..but the only problem is SuperSU is in Chinese..hehe..n I dont read chinese..