[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

Search This thread

alienngp

Oct 11, 2011
Laurel, MS
i downloaded that kdz back when the first sight of V10G was released for P769 usa tmobile the link for that one is no longer up
on another note the p769 bin for this root gave me issues so in turn i ran through the basic code in hex and toyed with it and got it to work

kevev

May 22, 2006
I received this error first a bunch of times: "Please check yoru internet line and run program again".
It shows up in the lower right corner.

I am now receiving this error: "Cannot to connect to server. Please retry later"

Update: Hold on. I'm a goof ball. Need to read instructions better. I will keep y'all posted.

Last edited:

Xtrifer

May 4, 2011
Quito
First of all, thanks for your hardwork, I succeeded with this process, and unbranded and rooted my p768g, the only issue that i'm facing now, is that mobile data mode is only EDGE, no 3G, is this a baseband issue, i used to have a branded software with V10A for p768g, now i have V10E but unable to pick 3g networks, please help me is there a way to solve this, or flashing my old baseband from the KDZ or BIN (wich i have), please friend, help me, best regards

Last edited:

Dragusdrake

Feb 11, 2012
Rome
R: [FLASHROOT] Guidebook 2 Lelus method Root L9 & Offline Fix Flash for all L9 varian

Try another .kdz?

Inviato dal mio LG-P760 con Tapatalk 2

kevev

May 22, 2006
i downloaded that kdz back when the first sight of V10G was released for P769 usa tmobile the link for that one is no longer up
on another note the p769 bin for this root gave me issues so in turn i ran through the basic code in hex and toyed with it and got it to work

Would you please share your bin. I was able to flash, but no root. Thank You.

Reactions: Felipebbp

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
@ALL
PROBABLE MISTAKES

Actually while suggesting following two, I am assuming that you do know many things and done them properly before.

1) Many are not checking the ADB mode is working or not. THE CHECKLIST IS VERY IMPORTANT. When you run ADB command to check devices with "stuff/adb devices" the device line should be seen. If device is not shown, the script will not work. The script will run without any problem if checklist is successful. Don't ignore this.
picture.php

2) The second common problem is you may not be able to replace the file in LG folder in quick time. You have to be very quick, so the FOLDER should be open in advance. You can even open the folder in the beginning and minimize until it is required to replace. If you are late, the LG TOOL will flash original file and root will fail. Or you can open the folder immediately when it starts at 4% and keep looking for file to replace. As soon as you see 7th BIN file PASTE it with 6th BIN, you already COPY'ed before.

PS: My son is reading this, and literally he is laughing, saying, "Dad, you are teaching to kids or what?" Please dont mind him, he is just too young android kid. I say sorry on behalf of him. I am noob, and you are noob, dont get angry on him. :D And yes he flashed O2X quiet a few times before and L9 too. :D He is 15.

EDIT: Added few checklists and explained why they are important to proceed. :)

JUST AN IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR ALL
STEP-BY-STEP NOOB'S GUIDE TO ROOT AND FLASH L9 WITH LELUS METHOD
(
NOTE: This thread is only for NOOBS like me and for Junior Members.)
IF YOU CANT DO IT, DONT BLAME ME. WARNING: USE INFORMATION AND FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. DONT EVEN MENTION ME IF YOUR PHONE IS BRICKED. :laugh: YOU WERE WARNED IN BOLD RED LETTERS ALREADY. OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP IN ANY CASE.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
NOOB'S TUTORIAL TO MAKE YOUR OWN HEX-EDITED BIN FILE EASY WAY
===========================================

1) Download and save on pc your required matching KDZ file found here in this post. You also need a Good HEX File Editor like this one I use. Download and Install.

2) I have already made a small TOOL to extract the KDZ file and get BIN chunks in this post (KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL) with this, you will get "LGP765_AP[6].bin" file ready for editing and use in RootFlashing later.

attachment.php

3) Download LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.zip (1kb) and unzip it, and you will get "LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.BIN" (1kb) file. Open it in HEX Editor, select all and "COPY" the content in clipboard to paste later.

attachment.php

4) Now in same HEX Editor, open "LGP765_AP[6].bin" and search for "# hdcp.sh" and your cursor will stop on this string after successful search. If not found in this file then search in "LGP765_AP[5].bin" file.

attachment.php

attachment.php

5) Click on first hash character # and "PASTE" the content you copied from previous file.

attachment.php

6) Now compare your new content as per this attached image file, if extra characters are found below, erase them carefully and SAVE the file. You'r done! Isn't it simple.

You have just EDITED A HEX FILE required for ROOTING L9.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HEXEDIT.jpg
    HEXEDIT.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 6,266
  • BIN_TO_COPY.jpg
    BIN_TO_COPY.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6,280
  • LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.zip
    264 bytes · Views: 718
  • HEX-EDIT-SUGGESTION-BY-LELUS.jpg
    HEX-EDIT-SUGGESTION-BY-LELUS.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 6,291
  • search_hex_here.jpg
    search_hex_here.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6,232
  • PASTE_HERE2.jpg
    PASTE_HERE2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6,280
  • search_complete.jpg
    search_complete.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 6,262
Last edited:

kevev

May 22, 2006
Finally! I am rooted and reflashed. It is completely my fault. I need to slow down and read all of the instructions.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Finally! I am rooted and reflashed. It is completely my fault. I need to slow down and read all of the instructions.

Great.:good: Glad you also did. Please share what was the point you missed. May help others. Also tell which BIN you used, so I can update the bin is perfect and tested ok.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Great.:good: Glad you also did. Please share what was the point you missed. May help others. Also tell which BIN you used, so I can update the bin is perfect and tested ok.

I missed the step where I needed to install "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" because it is not listed as a necessary step in the first post.

Also I skipped bat file part.

I used the 769 bin by saturnianalien.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
I missed the step where I needed to install "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" because it is not listed as a necessary step in the first post.

Also I skipped bat file part.

I used the 769 bin by saturnianalien.

Oh Thanks, You have just helped me and all. This is why I asked you. :)

I have added this part too. This was optional for those who already did flashing before. lolz. Did not thought about those new pals, who are coming to this thread and flashing first time.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Oh Thanks, You have just helped me and all. This is why I asked you. :)

I have added this part too. This was optional for those who already did flashing before. lolz. Did not thought about those new pals, who are coming to this thread and flashing first time.

If I haven't said it before Cmahendra, your help is very much appreciated. Without you the L9 sub-forum would not be as organized as it is now. :)

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
If I haven't said it before Cmahendra, your help is very much appreciated. Without you the L9 sub-forum would not be as organized as it is now. :)

Thanks a lot my friend for appreciation. Actually say thanks to LG Optimus 2X, where we suffered a lot.

Have you just noticed, wrote Sub-Tutorial for making hex-edited BIN files on your own? Will save all huge file download time. :good: And see how easy to copy paste the content, including the ENTER KEY character "0A". :)

ITS JUST TWO POSTS UP. :D

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Possible BB and/or RIL issue?

First of all, thanks for your hardwork, I succeeded with this process, and unbranded and rooted my p768g, the only issue that i'm facing now, is that mobile data mode is only EDGE, no 3G, is this a baseband issue, i used to have a branded software with V10A for p768g, now i have V10E but unable to pick 3g networks, please help me is there a way to solve this, or flashing my old baseband from the KDZ or BIN (wich i have), please friend, help me, best regards

Sorry late reply, as very late I saw your post.

You have two workarounds.

1) Your APN setting must be wrong, Automatic APN setting may not be taking correct APN values. Try manual entries as mentioned by Mobile Service Operators.

2) Install CWM and clear DALVIK CACHE and WIPE CACHE PARTITION. (not data). Reboot and check, if this does not help, that means the BASEBAND and RIL (Radio Interface Layer) from this KDZ, are not matching for your region or mobile operator. Try other previous KDZs but from your own or nearby region.

Very soon Artas182x is going to add only BASEBAND flashing in CWM and you can keep any ROM and flash any BASEBAND.

I have also made initiatives to get our devices supported by GETRIL (RIL installer app) and then we will be able to use any ROM, with any BASEBAND and any matching RIL.

For time being you should revert back to your previous rom and wait until some good news comes. :) Good Luck.

Dont worry, KDZ does not damage hardware :D

Last edited:

kevev

May 22, 2006
Thanks a lot my friend for appreciation. Actually say thanks to LG Optimus 2X, where we suffered a lot.

Have you just noticed, wrote Sub-Tutorial for making hex-edited BIN files on your own? Will save all huge file download time. :good: And see how easy to copy paste the content, including the ENTER KEY character "0A". :)

ITS JUST TWO POSTS UP. :D

Excellent work. This should be linked somewhere like maybe the first post.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Excellent work. This should be linked somewhere like maybe the first post.

Thanks sir, its there in first post at bottom already. This sub-tutorial is directly related to flashing therefore did not make new thread, which I thought not required. :D

How do you liked the idea or copy pasting HEX? Thats why called it easy way and FULL OF SCREENSHOTS. No need for video :D

kevev

May 22, 2006
Thanks sir, its there in first post at bottom already. This sub-tutorial is directly related to flashing therefore did not make new thread, which I thought not required. :D

How do you liked the idea or copy pasting HEX? Thats why called it easy way and FULL OF SCREENSHOTS. No need for video :D

Great idea. I like it.

bigvandal

Jan 24, 2008
So I seem to be stuck at the point that I click Upgrade Start. I keep getting that my phone is alredy at the latest version and there is no need to upgrade. Im sure its something simple Im missing but I cant place it

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai

bigvandal

Jan 24, 2008
So sorry, I thought I had deleted my post. I am now rooted thanks to you!! I appreciate your work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

Please do not follow this OLD ROOTING GUIDE as I have written NEW ROOTING GUIDE for...

New GUIDE for Easiest Rooting + Unlocking of LG L9 [Bye Bye Fastboot] by CMahendra
    Rooting is possible directly from phone. Tested and 100% working!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779985

==============================================================
    OLD GUIDE, VISIT ABOVE LINK

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/Jelly Bean with New Lelus method and Offline Flash
    (1st and 2nd post)
    (NOTE: This thread is only for NOOBS like me and for Junior Members.)

ATTENTION: THIS WORKS ON ICS/JELLYBEAN with both locked/unlocked bootloader.

But Go here for FASTER Root L9 JB/ICS on Unlocked Bootloader.

To understand and perform Flashing L9, you should read all following threads carefully before starting.

1. GUIDE TO NEW ROOT L9 WITH LELUS METHOD AND FLASH L9 (this post)
    2. LELUS THREAD to Root L9 Thanks to Lelus (GUIDEPOST BY ARTIT Thanks to Artit for his preliminary guide)
    3. JELLY BEAN ROOTING FILES BY ANGRYWOLF80's
    4. TUTORIAL ON OFFLINE FIX FLASH METHOD by me << VERY IMPORTANT HERE
    5. COLLECTION OF READY-MADE HEX-EDITED BIN FILES (in second post) by me. BIN files ready to download and flash. Now includes Jelly Bean files too.
    6. MAKE YOUR OWN HEX-EDITED BIN FILE EASILY again by me :D
      If anyone want to learn and still want to make their own HEX EDITED BIN files from their own KDZ, its really very easy. You dont have to download huge files again, and will be able to make your own edited BIN from the KDZ you already downloaded before. To support Rooting L9 with Lelus Method, I am uploading and collecting the readily HEX-EDITED BIN files. Now you dont have to worry for Bricking with wrongly EDITED BIN file. This will AVOID the process of editing HEX file, which may be bit confusing for some noobs like me :D
    ============================
    SPECIAL THANKS TO LELUS AND ANGRYWOLF80 FOR THEIR TEAM WORK.

1. LELUS: This Rooting Method is not my original work AND ALL CREDIT GOES TO LELUS WHO GAVE THIS NEW CONCEPT OF HEX-EDITING OF BIN AND A SH SCRIPT TO RUN BEFORE FLASH. Without Lelus this thread might not exist.
    2. ANGRYWOLF80: I am really thankful to him for providing a solution with changes in Lelus's script so the SU is not copied on every boot and also made changes to avoid mounting system in RW mode, keeping original hdcp.sh file without changes. The current improved modified BatchFile is by him. This removes some vulnerabilities.
      Also thanks to him for JELLYBEAN ROOTING FILES. Pals, he really worked hard for this. Press THANKS button on his thread.
    3. Adixtra and Unknown_world : Makers of Offline Fix Flashing Method. Without them Flashing Guide was not possible.
    GUIDEBOOK STEPS
    =============
    0) Precautions:
    ___A) Select "Debugging Mode" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Developer Section)
    ___B) Select "Install from Unknown Sources" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Security Section)
    ___C) Indian version of L9 does not come with "Lookout Security Antivirus" already installed. But KDZ from other countries may have it already installed, FORCE CLOSE AND UNINSTALL it from app manager. If you cannot uninstall, at least DISABLE it. This program is known to be preventing connection and rooting of device.
    ___D)OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR PHONE IN ANY CASE.

1) Download Hex-Edited BIN file and related KDZ file (on same line) in exact combination shown in SECOD POST BELOW. If you already have downloaded exact KDZ from this post, then you dont need to download KDZ again, just download matching BIN file.

2)

FOR ICS Download >>> Root_and_Flash_Guide_byCMahendra(date).zip
    FOR JellyBean Download >>> RootJB_and_Flash_Guide_byCMahendra_AngryWolf80(31-Mar).zip

Either choose ICS version or JB and extract in your C-Drive.

Now you will get three folders named "C:\RootLelus" and "C:\RootFlash" and "C:\shttps"

3) Install Drivers: "LG USB Driver (Download 3.8.1 here)"

4) Optional if installed before: Install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser by running "msxml.msi" file in "RootFlash" folder.

5) Connect Phone to PC with USB in "MTP" mode, let all drivers install for detected hardware items, then in "Charge Only" Mode, let all drivers install, then in "PTP" mode and let all drivers install, LASTLY connect in "LG SOFTWARE" Mode and let all drivers install. Don't neglect anything, it will save OUR :D time.
    IMPORTANT: Weirdly windows will try to install its own WDM drivers searching online in internet. Do not let it install like that. It will be stuck with longer time or it will just fail to install drivers.
    Solution: Always Click the link/button "Skip Obtaining Driver....." shown in this screenshot, so pc will install only original LG drivers for all devices in all usb modes.

6) Keep phone in "LG SOFTWARE" Mode and wait until it is connected. Now at this moment Device Manager should show 3 entries like this. If not, flashing will not work. (This is Important Checklist Step)

7) ADB MODE: Now start Windows Command Prompt with "Run As Administrator" option. Try to ping any website, if you SEE THIS DOS ERROR (SCREENSHOT) you are not in Admin mode and you need to try again. (THIS IS IMPORTANT CHECKLIST)

picture.php

Now pass following commands in lower case as adb command is "case sensitive"

C:\>CD \RootLelus
    C:\RootLelus>stuff\adb devices
    ***For Jellybean the folder will be "RootLelusJB" instead of "RootLelus"
    Now your device should be shown as "List of Attached Devices" like this result in screenshot. (Important Checklist Step)
    picture.php

This means your device is ready to take ADB Commands. PLZ DONT IGNORE THIS CHECKLIST. If fails, check cables, reinstall drivers, restart pc, connect cable directly on motherboard USB port and try again from first step.

8) This is important root preparation for Rooting before Flashing. Now Run a batch file "RootL9" on command prompt with following commands.
    This simple automated command batch-file (RootL9.bat) will copy necessary files to special locations and will set some necessary permissions.

When done, REMOVE USB CABLE AND POWER OFF THE PHONE.

9) NOW ACTUAL KDZ FLASHING STARTS AND THEN A QUICK MAGIC TRICK IS TO BE PERFORMED.

___9A) Add lines in "hosts" file as mentioned in step 1 of this post.
    ___9B) Start "SmallServer" as mentioned in step 2 of same post

10) Now follow all steps from all 3 to 10 from this original flashing post. In 11th of original flashing post your have to do following magic.

11) ACTUAL MAGIC:
    After LG UPDATE TOOL starts, wait for following message in RED SENTENCE.

picture.php

When you see this message and update meter reaches to 8%, then
    quickly open this folder "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone"
    and look for extracted bin files, if you see the same name as BIN file you downloded (LGP765_AP[6].bin or LGP765_AP[11].bin), replace it with the one you downloaded earlier (which is already HEX-EDITED).
    Press "Continue" if windows asks you for permission to copy and replace.

Folder not found? Workaround: Copy this "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone" and paste in windows explorer at top, the folder should open directly, then replace file. In one of the rarest case, in WIN XP machine the folder was found here "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone" in this post.

Still problems? Check this post too.

Let flashing complete, and you are done. YOU HAVE JUST ROOTED L9!!! Phone should now reboot with working SuperUser. If SuperUser ForceCloses, just restart phone once again.

12) CWM Recovery Installation on ICS: This rooting does not install ClockWorkMod. First run SuperSU and install SUBinary if it asks to install and then visit this thread to install L9 Recovery Installer by Artas182x. First install this app and then run app and install Recovery.

CWM Recovery Installation on Jelly Bean: Please follow AngryWolf80's thread for installing CWM. If you dont find the information, post your question in his thread.

13) BUSYBOX Re-Installation: According AngryWolf80, he found some new vulnerabilities and recommended to uninstall BUSYBOX and REINSTALL it as per this thread and these instructions. Though this is applicable to the Root File released on 6th March, but these instructions by AngryWolf80, can be tried by anyone just to install and update busybox.

========================================
    Troubleshooting

1) After step 2: If extracted folders need any permissions, then you should provide in folder security section by adding user "everyone" or "<yourname>" and give full access. (example video) This is Optional and should be done if you have permission errors while flashing. Do it for all three folders.

2) About 11th Step: The most common problem is you may not be able to replace the file in LG folder in quick time. You have to be very quick, so the FOLDER should be open in advance. You can even open the folder in the beginning and minimize until it is required to replace. If you are late, the LG TOOL will flash original file and root will fail. Or you can open the folder immediately when it starts at 4% and keep looking for file to replace. As soon as you see 7th BIN file PASTE it with 6th BIN, you already COPY'ed before.

THIS GUIDEBOOK IS MADE AFTER SUCCESSFUL ROOTING OF MY P765 ON UNROOTED V10G INDIA
    WITH LELUS METHOD AND SOME MODIFICATIONS AND CHANGES IN FILE BY ME.
    IF YOU CANT DO IT, DONT BLAME ME. READ REPEATEDLY.

WARNING: USE INFORMATION AND FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T EVEN MENTION ME IF YOUR PHONE IS BRICKED. :laugh: YOU WERE WARNED IN BOLD RED LETTERS ALREADY.

DOWNLOAD NOTE: This download package includes everything you need to FLASH and ROOT L9. It has all ADB resources, SmallServer, Rooting by Lelus, etc. You dont need to download anything else except this package.

Good Luck. :)
    Collection of ready-made hex-edited bin files for rooting

FOR P760, P765, P768, P769 AND NOW P778

COLLECTION OF READY-MADE HEX-EDITED BIN FILES FOR ROOTING

YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD BIN FILE AND MATCHING ICS/JB KDZ FILE MENTIONED ON SAME LINE.

*If ZIPPED
    , Unzip the BIN file before flashing

• P769 JELLY BEAN
    • P765 JELLY BEAN
      • Download LGP765_AP[12].bin and FACTORY KDZ of V20D HONG KONG
        (bin edited uploaded by me.)
      • Download LGP765_AP[11].bin and FACTORY KDZ of V20A INDIA
        (bin edited uploaded by me.)
      • Download LGP765_AP[11].bin and FACTORY KDZ of V20B CIS COUNTRIES
        (bin edited uploaded and tested ok by me)
    • P760 JELLY BEAN.
      • V20C Download LGP760_AP[11].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V20C EUROPE OPEN
      • V20B Download LGP760_AP[11].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V20B EUROPE OPEN

• P768 JELLY BEAN
      • Download LGP768_AP[12].zip and KDZ OF V20A TELCEL MEXICO
        (Mirror of ZIPPED bin by GiBraiNe, tested ok) reference

• Download LGP768_AP[12].bin and KDZ OF V20A TELCEL MEXICO
        (bin by GiBraiNe, tested ok) reference

• P765 ICS
      • Download LGP765_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10G INDIA
      • Download LGP769_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10F CIS COUNTRIES

• P760 ICS
      • Download LGP760_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10i SPAIN KDZ
        Download LGP760_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10H EUROPE
      • Download LGP760_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10H Germany
        (bin by RobbingHood, perfect and tested ok, post)

• P768 ICS
      • Download LGP768_AP[6].bin for P768G V10A_01 Claro Centroamerica (CAO)
        (bin by elmere481, tested ok by himself) sent link in pm
      • Download LGP768_AP[6].bin and KDZ OF V10B ARAB EMIRATES or V10B SOUTH AFRICA
        (bin by thomasoeli, tested ok) reference
      • Download LGP768_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10E PHILIPPINES
        (TELECOM CONCEPTS INC)
        (bin by me, perfect and tested ok)
      • Download (ZIPPED) LGP768_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10A BRAZIL
      • Download LGP768_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10E TAIWAN
        (bin by donk165, perfect and tested ok, post)

• P769 ICS
      • Download LGP769_AP[5].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V11A Canada
      • Download (ZIPPED) LGP769_AP[5].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10G USA TMOBILE or here 4 links.
      • Download LGP769_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10G USA TMOBILE or here 4 links.
        (bin by foister82, perfect and tested ok)

• P778 ICS
      • Download LGP769_AP[6].bin and FACTORY KDZ OF V10A PERSONAL ARGENTINA
        (bin by wallgus, perfect and tested ok)
    NOTE: If you do not see KDZ from your own country, try to find in this thread and MAKE YOUR OWN HEX-EDITED BIN FILE EASILY for above rooting. Good Luck.

Thanks
    a lot to all HEX-EDITED BIN contributors. I
    downloaded most KDZ's (500+-mb) just for the sake of making perfect BIN files.
    :D

NOTE: This thread is only for NOOBS like me and for Junior Members.

I am sure experts who can edit hexfiles without any error, should not have any objection if this thread stays and serves junior members. :) Good Luck all Elnaainians (L9ians)
    I made some modifications to Lelus scripts, updated su and busybox binaries and changed Superuser.apk to SuperSu.
    Now after first start script will do rooting phone, cleans all remnants and restores hdcp.sh file to it original state.
    Just checked it on two phones - works flawlessly.

PS: respect to Lelus, very neat root trick :good:
    NOOB'S TUTORIAL TO MAKE YOUR OWN HEX-EDITED BIN FILE EASY WAY
    ===========================================

1) Download and save on pc your required matching KDZ file found here in this post. You also need a Good HEX File Editor like this one I use. Download and Install.

2) I have already made a small TOOL to extract the KDZ file and get BIN chunks in this post (KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL) with this, you will get "LGP765_AP[6].bin" file ready for editing and use in RootFlashing later.

attachment.php

3) Download LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.zip (1kb) and unzip it, and you will get "LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.BIN" (1kb) file. Open it in HEX Editor, select all and "COPY" the content in clipboard to paste later.

attachment.php

4) Now in same HEX Editor, open "LGP765_AP[6].bin" and search for "# hdcp.sh" and your cursor will stop on this string after successful search. If not found in this file then search in "LGP765_AP[5].bin" file.

attachment.php

attachment.php

5) Click on first hash character # and "PASTE" the content you copied from previous file.

attachment.php

6) Now compare your new content as per this attached image file, if extra characters are found below, erase them carefully and SAVE the file. You'r done! Isn't it simple.

You have just EDITED A HEX FILE required for ROOTING L9.

attachment.php
    (P769 10G) I have not yet tested saturnianalien's bin, but here's a link to his post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38653115&postcount=32

I checked this link and searched the link inside but did not find any link mentioned by you for Hex-Edited V10GP769 bin file. Please recheck and send exact link or post with link.