1,463 posts
Thanks Meter: 446

By ChodTheWacko, Senior Member on 4th March 2013, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2013, 07:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Re: Zero lemon 9300 mah battery
Dam i just ordered a 6400 the other day. But this battery looks massive. Ive been wishing for a battery like this aswell that spreads the size of it evenly not just straight out. Doubt full that it wil even be able to be modded into a defender though. Probably will look al butchered

sent from my Cricket Note 2

4th March 2013, 07:37 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie3130

Dam i just ordered a 6400 the other day. But this battery looks massive. Ive been wishing for a battery like this aswell that spreads the size of it evenly not just straight out. Doubt full that it wil even be able to be modded into a defender though. Probably will look al butchered

sent from my Cricket Note 2

You maybe right, but it's worth a try. If anything I can imagine the whole back of the case needing to be cut out to fit this monster.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
4th March 2013, 07:40 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 715

More
lol... I might order one just to check it out and run it through the paces on my test gear. I'm not real fond of the TPU type back cover, but it might be alright, and it would have some shock absorption value.
4th March 2013, 07:47 PM |#14  
Flag Daly City
Thanks Meter: 453

Donate to Me
More
I read the Note 2 won't support NFC. I would be willing to pay extra money to have a case that supports NFC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
4th March 2013, 08:26 PM |#15  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u

I read the Note 2 won't support NFC. I would be willing to pay extra money to have a case that supports NFC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Agreed.

I am sending them this little note, in case they are willing to consider adding NFC in their battery as an option:
Greetings,

Xda developer Note II forums have mentioned that you are currently developing a Galaxy Note II super capacity battery.

I understand that due to the extreme size of the lithium ion battery, the NFC contacts are no longer exposed, thus NFC cannot be implemented in the battery back cover, as the Samsung and other third parties are currently doing.
I am currently using the Mugen extended battery, that does use NFC in the back cover, and use NFC for google wallet daily.

Although this is none of my business per se, and your product will be very successful, the lack of NFC will deter some users (including the writer of this brief note) from purchasing.

May I offer the suggestion of implementing the NFC back on the battery itself?
Since your battery will effectively sit on top of the NFC contacts, you could wrap around the battery the NFC contacts and implement the NFC on the battery’s back.
This after all is the way NFC is handled on the Samsung GSIII and Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

I understand that this would increase your production costs, so perhaps you could offer two models of the battery, tacking on the extra cost to the customers that would be willing to pay for this. I for one would be more than happy to, and I am sure that you will see the sentiment reflected in the online communities by others too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vagelis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vagelis Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 11:54 PM |#16  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 4,225

More
I had one of their batteries for my s3. It was amazing. 3 days easy without charging and 10+ hours screen on. This one not having nfc sucks though.
4th March 2013, 11:57 PM |#17  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

I had one of their batteries for my s3. It was amazing. 3 days easy without charging and 10+ hours screen on. This one not having nfc sucks though.

Theoretically, if they don't do it themselves, we could add the nfc as a DIY.

Ebay sells the nfc adhesive strip, which you could attach to the back of the battery, and use contact copper strips to make the connection with the phone work again. I might actually experiment with that once they ship.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagelis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vagelis Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 12:11 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,084

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagelis

Theoretically, if they don't do it themselves, we could add the nfc as a DIY.

Ebay sells the nfc adhesive strip, which you could attach to the back of the battery, and use contact copper strips to make the connection with the phone work again. I might actually experiment with that once they ship.

That was my plan also. I just got a cheapo flip cover I'm willing to hack for this mod. But now I just gotta wait 17 days.

5mins later...
The suspense is killing me!
5th March 2013, 12:28 AM |#19  
My buddy has the one for the GS3 and while it is bigger the fit and finish can't be beat. It almost looks like they took three batteries and wired them together.

I'm willing to bet that this is going to be a great buy. If i didn't have the Anker and get great battery life already I'd be snapping this up!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
5th March 2013, 01:05 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I'm gonna see if you can actually mod this with the fake defenders and maybe carry an actual brick in my pocket of I buy it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2013, 01:28 AM |#21  
Oxnard, CA
Thanks Meter: 461

More
I think you could play heavy 3d graphics games on your note 2 with this battery and struggle to kill it in a single day lol. What a beast!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)