FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 2nd March 2013, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2013, 06:23 AM |#61  
Flag Quito
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

Sorry late reply, as very late I saw your post.

You have two workarounds.

1) Your APN setting must be wrong, Automatic APN setting may not be taking correct APN values. Try manual entries as mentioned by Mobile Service Operators.

2) Install CWM and clear DALVIK CACHE and WIPE CACHE PARTITION. (not data). Reboot and check, if this does not help, that means the BASEBAND and RIL (Radio Interface Layer) from this KDZ, are not matching for your region or mobile operator. Try other previous KDZs but from your own or nearby region.

Very soon Artas182x is going to add only BASEBAND flashing in CWM and you can keep any ROM and flash any BASEBAND.

I have also made initiatives to get our devices supported by GETRIL (RIL installer app) and then we will be able to use any ROM, with any BASEBAND and any matching RIL.

For time being you should revert back to your previous rom and wait until some good news comes. Good Luck.

Dont worry, KDZ does not damage hardware

Thanks for the support friend your awesome, i´m really slow with this hex editing, can you help me please, because i had to install brazil V10A, and this is unrootable, is there a way to root this V10A with hex editing, please let me know and thanks again your awesome!!

5th March 2013, 07:32 AM |#62  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
Re: [FLASHROOT] Noob's Guidebook 2 Lelus method Root L9 & Offline Fix Flash for all L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrifer

Thanks for the support friend your awesome, i´m really slow with this hex editing, can you help me please, because i had to install brazil V10A, and this is unrootable, is there a way to root this V10A with hex editing, please let me know and thanks again your awesome!!

Plz wait a day. I'm at office. At home will download Brazil v10a and upload hex edited bin for you.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 01:32 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Guys, read what I wrote in this --> post <--

Just as example about what I said: you get root, happy and so... Google Play offers you to upgrade Superuser application, you do it. Then Superuser offers you to upgrade su binary, you also do it. Then you can update busybox... You happy. But after you reboot phone - it will be with older versions (su, Superuser, busybox).

Update: and another important thing what i noticed in rooting.sh script. It leaves /system partition mounted as RW (read/write), what definitely not good.
5th March 2013, 03:53 PM |#64  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryWolf80

Just as example about what I said: you get root, happy and so... Google Play offers you to upgrade Superuser application, you do it. Then Superuser offers you to upgrade su binary, you also do it. Then you can update busybox... You happy. But after you reboot phone - it will be with older versions (su, Superuser, busybox).

Update: and another important thing what i noticed in rooting.sh script. It leaves /system partition mounted as RW (read/write), what definitely not good.

Thanks a lot AngryWolf80. Your logic is correct. Loading script on every boot is not practical, but it is working at the moment and people are coming out of hibernation of v10g.

Please make detailed new thread with step by step workaround for this. I think, it will not be good idea to confuse newbies (like me) by starting new discussion on your new mod. You said its working for you, so please make it large. Thanks a lot.
5th March 2013, 04:21 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

Thanks a lot AngryWolf80. Your logic is correct. Loading script on every boot is not practical, but it is working at the moment and people are coming out of hibernation of v10g.

Please make detailed new thread with step by step workaround for this. I think, it will not be good idea to confuse newbies (like me) by starting new discussion on your new mod. You said its working for you, so please make it large. Thanks a lot.

Once you have a root through this method, can you not just install CWM and flash the clean rooted 769G system back up? That way, the root will not be based on the script running on each boot.
5th March 2013, 04:29 PM |#66  
Flag Mumbai

More
Please let him open new thread for this discussion. He actually not yet mentioned how his root patch will work and not released it yet.
@AngryWolf80, are you there? Even I want to discuss lot about this.
5th March 2013, 04:36 PM |#67  
Flag Pathumthani
Thanks Meter: 738

More
Quote:

Now I understand why Lelus recommend to clear out rooting.sh and change it's permission after root. We should put proper hdcp.sh back. If you not do it this security hole can be problem if some one replace rooting.sh to other script.
5th March 2013, 04:47 PM |#68  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artit

Now I understand why Lelus recommend to clear out rooting.sh and change it's permission after root. We should put proper hdcp.sh back. If you not do it this security hole can be problem if some one replace rooting.sh to other script.

then whats your suggestion?
5th March 2013, 05:01 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I made some modifications to Lelus scripts, updated su and busybox binaries and changed Superuser.apk to SuperSu.
Now after first start script will do rooting phone, cleans all remnants and restores hdcp.sh file to it original state.
Just checked it on two phones - works flawlessly.

PS: respect to Lelus, very neat root trick
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootLelusL9.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.42 MB, 71 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 06:40 PM |#70  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

I made some modifications to Lelus scripts, updated su and busybox binaries and changed Superuser.apk to SuperSu.
Now after first start script will do rooting phone, cleans all remnants and restores hdcp.sh file to it original state.
Just checked it on two phones - works flawlessly.

PS: respect to Lelus, very neat root trick

Thanks a lot. Downloaded file and checked. Looks neatly done. Will try myself and if works perfect will post your batch file and related files.

EDIT: Oh wow thanks AngryWolf80, it worked for me. Was on P765 V10G India and Removed previous root in SuperUser app. Then rebooted twice and confirmed there is no root by trying root checker. Then Run Batch File and Flashed KDZ with Hex-Modified BIN file. Perfectly on Root and seems its parmanent. Root is fine, tested ok with few apps.

I have uploaded your modified batch-file with full credit to you for new batchfile and improvements done in it.

MODIFIED SCRIPT BY ANGRYWOLF80 ADDED.
  1. ANGRYWOLF80: I am really thankful to him for providing a solution with changes in Lelus's script so the SU is not copied on every boot and also made changes to avoid mounting system in RW mode, keeping original hdcp.sh file without changes. The current improved modified BatchFile is by him. This removes some vulnerabilities.
My appreciation may be with short of words but hope you get feelings Thanks again. I hope it will work for everyone else too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 07:13 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Removed by poster.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)