More
But any chance can you explain how to unlock the bootloader on the rm-808
5th March 2013, 09:35 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lushan

By any chance can you tell me how to install this?

Quote:

But any chance can you explain how to unlock the bootloader on the rm-808

Guys,
let me ask you one thing: Did you read a little through the forum? did you do any searching?
Ok, this is Lumia 900 section, but in the Lumia 800 section, this was discussed a couple of times now... Everyone is asking the same, i bet your answer's already posted anywhere here on xda

But ok then, once more:
To be able to flash a custom rom to your Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710, you need to have the qualcomm bootloader on your phone.
To get this, you need to follow a nice tutorial for Lumia 710, but for Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 you need a couple more things:

1. You need ATF flasher box
2. You need good soldering skills or the special atf cables from gpg industries

Here's a tutorial to SIM-Unlock a Lumia 800: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...orial-1564470/
This is almost the same procedure for "bootloader-unlocking" your Lumia 800 and Lumia 900. You just do not need to click SP-Unlock, you need to click "boot repair" (and select qualcomm, of course).

Here's the thread of the special cables: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2112984

So, if you don't want, or can't buy such a box, check for a local phone repair shop in your town/city. If they have ATF, i'm sure they can do this for you for a small amount.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordmaxey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lordmaxey Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 07:07 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Yeah, good news!
My Lumia 900 arrived today. I'm going to disassemble it now and flash the qualcomm bootloader to it.
Then i'll test my own rom (rm-823)
The Following User Says Thank You to lordmaxey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lordmaxey Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 09:46 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmaxey

Guys,
let me ask you one thing: Did you read a little through the forum? did you do any searching?
Ok, this is Lumia 900 section, but in the Lumia 800 section, this was discussed a couple of times now... Everyone is asking the same, i bet your answer's already posted anywhere here on xda

But ok then, once more:
To be able to flash a custom rom to your Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710, you need to have the qualcomm bootloader on your phone.
To get this, you need to follow a nice tutorial for Lumia 710, but for Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 you need a couple more things:

Here's a tutorial to SIM-Unlock a Lumia 800: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...orial-1564470/
This is almost the same procedure for "bootloader-unlocking" your Lumia 800 and Lumia 900. You just do not need to click SP-Unlock, you need to click "boot repair" (and select qualcomm, of course).

Here's the thread of the special cables: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2112984

So, if you don't want, or can't buy such a box, check for a local phone repair shop in your town/city. If they have ATF, i'm sure they can do this for you for a small amount.

Very helpful, just curious, do you think this will ever lead to a software based full unlock? Or will we always have to open up the phone to unlock the 900?
5th March 2013, 10:17 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothycricket

Very helpful, just curious, do you think this will ever lead to a software based full unlock? Or will we always have to open up the phone to unlock the 900?

i guess we will always have to open it up... sadly.
But right now i'm stuck at removing the metal shield abvoe the nand chip

It's way more difficult than Lumia 800
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lumia900.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	1783163  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordmaxey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lordmaxey Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 12:52 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I think ATF software version 5.91 or higher allow flash boot without opening phone, if wrong pls correct. Because i read ATF log and found this.

Quote:

Windows Phone Flashing Started
ADSP File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_adsp.esco
AMSS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_amss.esco
WPOS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_attus.esco
USER AREA ERASE File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_user_area_erase.esco
MDM AMSS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_amss.esco
MDM DSP1 File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_dsp1.esco
MDM DSP2 File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_dsp2.esco
WARNING: OSBL File is not Loaded

================================================== ====
Windows Phone Lumia Flasher

If the Phone is ALIVE
1. Power On the Phone and Connect it to the USB Port

If the Phone is DEAD
1. Press and Hold the VOLUME UP button
2. Connect it to the USB Port while still Pressing
the VOLUME UP button
3. Continue to Press the VOLUME UP button for 8 more
seconds

================================================
Basic Phone Information
================================================
Total Flashing Time (Erase + Flashing) : 00:06:33

6th March 2013, 01:04 AM |#17  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 166

More
That mode is equivalent to flashing using Care Suite or NSS Pro. It only accepts signed FW images.

The JTAG and UART ports discovered in the SIM slot are more promising, someone should check out if they are actually useful.
6th March 2013, 02:13 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

Guys,

But ok then, once more:

I thought it would be as easy as flashing a new rom onto an android phone.
6th March 2013, 07:02 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I thought it would be as easy as flashing a new rom onto an android phone.

It is actually very easy, once you've got your bootloader unlocked. But doing this, can be a real pain...
7th March 2013, 02:07 AM |#20  

More
Quote:

Guys,

But ok then, once more:

Quote:

It is actually very easy, once you've got your bootloader unlocked. But doing this, can be a real pain...

is there a faster way of unlocking your bootloader instead of going through this long rigorous process
7th March 2013, 07:10 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

is there a faster way of unlocking your bootloader instead of going through this long rigorous process

Of course there is, i'm just only making long difficult solutions, instead of easy ones...
Just kidding.

No there is not. I think it would be very stupid doing this difficult process, if there would be an easier way...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)