[CustomRom] SimpleROM v1.0 for Lumia 900

Search This thread

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
Hi there,

i proudly present SimpleROM v1.0 for the Nokia Lumia 900

As the ATF-Team released the Qualcomm bootloader for the Lumia 900 just a couple of days ago, i decided to cook a quick rom for it. :)

Code:
[B][U]Changelog v1.0:[/U][/B]

Basic rom RM-823: RM-823 VAR EU GB CV BLACK - 2175.2905.8858.12480
Basic rom RM-808: RM-808 VAR ATT BLACK - 2175.2307.8858.12480
Languages: All official languages

- Full Unlock v4 
- Root Manager
- XapDeployer
- customizable SearchKey
- Wmdc

thanks to [B]ultrashot [/B]for his great development!!

But note: You are using this rom at your OWN RISK! You can not blame me or xda if you brick your device!
AND: I DO NOT HAVE THE RM-808 PHONE !! So i could NOT test it!! I just cooked the rom and it should be ok!

Please give feedback when you tested the rom!! :good:

Download:

RM-823 for EU:
SimpleROM v1.0 for Lumia 900 RM-823
Mirror @4shared

RM-808 for US:(not tested)
SimpleROM v1.0 for Lumia 900 RM-808
Mirror @4shared

Please make sure you have a complete backup of your device (backup of ALL partitions of the phone) in case anything goes wrong!

Last edited:

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
RM-808 version ready

Here we go, i added the RM-808 version of my rom in the first post.

Enjoy :good:

Edit: Added RM-808 Mirror @4shared

Last edited:

ev0lushan

Dec 25, 2010
TY SO MUCH MAN I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR A JAILBREAK OF SOME SORT. Since I jumped ships from android to windows

kookook

Jul 3, 2008
hi i just updated my firmware to 2175.2907.8858.13030 using navifirm and Nokia Product Support Tool. May I know what is Dload and ATF? Also, can you explain in steps on how to flash this. thanks in advance and btw good job

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
By any chance can you tell me how to install this?

But any chance can you explain how to unlock the bootloader on the rm-808

Guys,
let me ask you one thing: Did you read a little through the forum? did you do any searching?
Ok, this is Lumia 900 section, but in the Lumia 800 section, this was discussed a couple of times now... Everyone is asking the same, i bet your answer's already posted anywhere here on xda :p

But ok then, once more:
To be able to flash a custom rom to your Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710, you need to have the qualcomm bootloader on your phone.
To get this, you need to follow a nice tutorial for Lumia 710, but for Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 you need a couple more things:

1. You need ATF flasher box
2. You need good soldering skills or the special atf cables from gpg industries

Here's a tutorial to SIM-Unlock a Lumia 800: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/nokia-lumia-800-unlocked-done-via-tp-atf-nitro-tutorial-1564470/
This is almost the same procedure for "bootloader-unlocking" your Lumia 800 and Lumia 900. You just do not need to click SP-Unlock, you need to click "boot repair" (and select qualcomm, of course).

Here's the thread of the special cables: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2112984

So, if you don't want, or can't buy such a box, check for a local phone repair shop in your town/city. If they have ATF, i'm sure they can do this for you for a small amount.

Reactions: thangvh

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
Yeah, good news!
My Lumia 900 arrived today. I'm going to disassemble it now and flash the qualcomm bootloader to it.
Then i'll test my own rom (rm-823) ;) :good:

Reactions: kaizvn
Dec 16, 2012
Guys,
let me ask you one thing: Did you read a little through the forum? did you do any searching?
Ok, this is Lumia 900 section, but in the Lumia 800 section, this was discussed a couple of times now... Everyone is asking the same, i bet your answer's already posted anywhere here on xda :p

But ok then, once more:
To be able to flash a custom rom to your Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710, you need to have the qualcomm bootloader on your phone.
To get this, you need to follow a nice tutorial for Lumia 710, but for Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 you need a couple more things:

Here's a tutorial to SIM-Unlock a Lumia 800: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609/nokia-lumia-800-unlocked-done-via-tp-atf-nitro-tutorial-1564470/
This is almost the same procedure for "bootloader-unlocking" your Lumia 800 and Lumia 900. You just do not need to click SP-Unlock, you need to click "boot repair" (and select qualcomm, of course).

Here's the thread of the special cables: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2112984

So, if you don't want, or can't buy such a box, check for a local phone repair shop in your town/city. If they have ATF, i'm sure they can do this for you for a small amount.

Very helpful, just curious, do you think this will ever lead to a software based full unlock? Or will we always have to open up the phone to unlock the 900?

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
Very helpful, just curious, do you think this will ever lead to a software based full unlock? Or will we always have to open up the phone to unlock the 900?

i guess we will always have to open it up... sadly.
But right now i'm stuck at removing the metal shield abvoe the nand chip :(

It's way more difficult than Lumia 800 :(

Attachments

• lumia900.jpg
    lumia900.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:
Reactions: thangvh and kaizvn

haikkk

May 16, 2011
I think ATF software version 5.91 or higher allow flash boot without opening phone, if wrong pls correct. Because i read ATF log and found this.

Windows Phone Flashing Started
ADSP File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_adsp.esco
AMSS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_amss.esco
WPOS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_attus.esco
USER AREA ERASE File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_user_area_erase.esco
MDM AMSS File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_amss.esco
MDM DSP1 File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_dsp1.esco
MDM DSP2 File Found:
RM808_12w48_prod_generic_mdm_dsp2.esco
WARNING: OSBL File is not Loaded

======================================================
Windows Phone Lumia Flasher

If the Phone is ALIVE
1. Power On the Phone and Connect it to the USB Port

If the Phone is DEAD
1. Press and Hold the VOLUME UP button
2. Connect it to the USB Port while still Pressing
the VOLUME UP button
3. Continue to Press the VOLUME UP button for 8 more
seconds

================================================
Basic Phone Information
================================================
Total Flashing Time (Erase + Flashing) : 00:06:33

Last edited:

.NetRolller 3D

Jul 15, 2012
Budapest
That mode is equivalent to flashing using Care Suite or NSS Pro. It only accepts signed FW images.

The JTAG and UART ports discovered in the SIM slot are more promising, someone should check out if they are actually useful.

ev0lushan

Dec 25, 2010
Guys,

But ok then, once more:

I thought it would be as easy as flashing a new rom onto an android phone.

ev0lushan

Dec 25, 2010
Guys,

But ok then, once more:

It is actually very easy, once you've got your bootloader unlocked. But doing this, can be a real pain... ;)

is there a faster way of unlocking your bootloader instead of going through this long rigorous process

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

i proudly present SimpleROM v1.0 for the Nokia Lumia 900

As the ATF-Team released the Qualcomm bootloader for the Lumia 900 just a couple of days ago, i decided to cook a quick rom for it. :)

Code:
    [B][U]Changelog v1.0:[/U][/B]

Basic rom RM-823: RM-823 VAR EU GB CV BLACK - 2175.2905.8858.12480
    Basic rom RM-808: RM-808 VAR ATT BLACK - 2175.2307.8858.12480
    Languages: All official languages

- Full Unlock v4 
    - Root Manager
    - XapDeployer
    - customizable SearchKey
    - Wmdc

thanks to [B]ultrashot [/B]for his great development!!

But note: You are using this rom at your OWN RISK! You can not blame me or xda if you brick your device!
    AND: I DO NOT HAVE THE RM-808 PHONE !! So i could NOT test it!! I just cooked the rom and it should be ok!

Please give feedback when you tested the rom!! :good:

Download:

RM-823 for EU:
    SimpleROM v1.0 for Lumia 900 RM-823
    Mirror @4shared

RM-808 for US:(not tested)
    SimpleROM v1.0 for Lumia 900 RM-808
    Mirror @4shared

Please make sure you have a complete backup of your device (backup of ALL partitions of the phone) in case anything goes wrong!

i guess we will always have to open it up... sadly.
    But right now i'm stuck at removing the metal shield abvoe the nand chip :(

It's way more difficult than Lumia 800 :(
    ok guys,
    i managed to remove parts off the shield to get access to the TP :)
    pretty cool what you can do with a nail filer and tweezers :D
    Let's see how the soldering goes :good:
    Here we go! :)

Yes, it worked! :)
    Finally, i managed to "boot repair" my Lumia 900 to qualcomm :)
    That damn soldering took me more than 3 days :D

But now my Lumia 900 is qualcomm :good: *hooray* :good::good:

So, i'm making a backup of all 9 partitions of my phone now using ubuntu.
    After that, i'll flash my rom and see how it goes ;)

Be prepaired for a nice custom rom! :cowboy: :D
    By any chance can you tell me how to install this?

But any chance can you explain how to unlock the bootloader on the rm-808

Guys,

But ok then, once more: