[MOD][JB 4.2] New Adreno 200/300 Series Libs from Qualcomm [March 2013]

Search This thread

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Qualcomm have finally released a full version of their Adreno 200/300 drivers.

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 3xx and 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1. It has been tested with the CAF release A8064AAAAANLGD133402.1 and M8960AAAAANLGD230306.1. Supports any Adreno 2xx and 3xx GPU on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1.

These drivers are provided direct from Qualcomm's Adreno Development website found here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobi...phics-optimization-adreno/tools-and-resources

I unfortunately cannot test them as I do not have a JB ROM installed currently, can someone please test and let me know if they work.

Note: Don't forget to do a Nandroid backup first!

Download (Standard Package from Qualcomm)
See attached.

Download (Flashable ZIP)
Click Here

2XX Series Only - (Extra files removed from previous ZIP)

Testing
Confirmed NOT working on GB - Android boots but framerate is extremely low. (Tested just in case)
Seems to not be working on JB - CosmicDan may be able to explain as to why. (Also, see http://xdaforums.com/report.php?p=35427866 - Thanks nickholtus)
ICS is currently Untested.

Attachments

• Adreno200-AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.1-04.02.00.64.009.zip
    9 MB · Views: 2,004
Last edited:

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
what is the big difference? we get more speed or improvements in graphics?
Unknown.

The JB drivers released for the Adreno 2XX series last year were only 'Beta' drivers and came with the following disclaimer from Qualcomm:
This release contains an early sample of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. It has been tested with the CAF release M8960AAAAANLGD105210.1 and supports any Adreno 2xx GPU on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This release is intended only for developers that work on Jelly Bean bring-up work. It is an early release sample which will be replaced by a new driver binary in the future.

Since then (Yesterday), they have released their full version of the drivers which have been tested on two versions of JB as explained above and worked perfectly.

I, nor anyone else yet, has done any testing with these drivers on JB. We don't even know if they work for us yet, so I cant really say what the benefits are.

As the OP states, these require testing. :)

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Re: [MOD][JB] New Adreno 200/300 Series Libs from Qualcomm [March 2013]

Gonna do a benchmark of before and after and see is there any improvement

Edit: not working on PAC ROM

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
im gonna wait to see what Dan says about that..if its usable or no..or if we get some improvement..maybe he can strip something to make our device better in graphics speed or quality.

anyway thanks for posting this.:good:

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011

Why opening a new thread for untested work?? That even doesn't work. Dan already said we can't replace the libs for Andreno in jellybean

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Why opening a new thread for untested work?? That even doesn't work. Dan already said we can't replace the libs for Andreno in jellybean

They're official libs from Qualcomm, why would they not be tested?

The last driver update found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828902

Wasn't initially tested, until people tried it.

Without opening a thread, how else would I have pointed out to people that Qualcomm had released new libs? I can hardly PM everyone who owns a Play. I can test it myself but I'd rather not reflash a Kernel and a ROM, just to test something that I'm not going to use.

So instead, I've told people there's a new release. And created an update.zip for people to test the drivers themselves.

Dan already said we can't replace the libs for Andreno in jellybean

I must have missed this - Why would we be unable to update the Adreno libs for JB?

Looks like it doesn't work anyway... But for those who want to try it, I'll remove the extra files from the update.zip and repost.

Edit: Link to ZIP with files removed. Again, test at your own risk.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ajf2rd1si1uqy2q

Last edited:
Reactions: leo0-0

Fat_boy555

Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy S4
OnePlus 2

Without opening a thread, how else would I have pointed out to people that Qualcomm had released new libs? I can hardly PM everyone who owns a Play. I can test it myself but I'd rather not reflash a Kernel and a ROM, just to test something that I'm not going to use.

So instead, I've told people there's a new release. And created an update.zip for people to test the drivers themselves.

I must have missed this - Why would we be unable to update the Adreno libs for JB?

Looks like it doesn't work anyway... But for those who want to try it, I'll remove the extra files from the update.zip and repost.

What did u remove? Cos I realised that there was xtra files when comparing to the existing files on the device.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011

Qualcomm added an apk in the appa folder and a few other things. I also removed the 3XX libs. Doubt it will make a difference but worth a shot I guess.

Either way, some devs may be able to make some use of the libs. They're official release and should work, so you would think that the reason they're not may be something to do with comparability with the JB ROMs?

Has anyone tried ICS?

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011

They won't work on JB because we have kernel 2.6.x and we need hacked drivers for jellybean to work. If/when we get a proper 3.x kernel, these will work in jellybean.

Ah. OK. Thanks for than Dan.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Odp: [MOD][JB] New Adreno 200/300 Series Libs from Qualcomm [March 2013]

They won't work on JB because we have kernel 2.6.x and we need hacked drivers for jellybean to work. If/when we get a proper 3.x kernel, these will work in jellybean.

AFAIK they are not going to update play anymore at all so there is no way to update/improve graphics, right? Also if you could explain me if our kernel will be unbreakable barrier in porting Ubuntu. Imho that's the reason but I'd appreciate some info from someone trusted and experienced like you :)

Reactions: SpawnHyuuga

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
AFAIK they are not going to update play anymore at all so there is no way to update/improve graphics, right? Also if you could explain me if our kernel will be unbreakable barrier in porting Ubuntu. Imho that's the reason but I'd appreciate some info from someone trusted and experienced like you :)

FXP and some others are slowly working on 3.4 (I think) kernel for Xperia 2011 devices. As soon as it gets USB working (J from FXP uses Mogami developer board with serial/JTAG interface) then I will try to help with development.

No idea about Ubuntu, doesn't interest me. I don't see the point on running a computer OS on a phone (apart from emulating DOS and Amiga for old school gaming).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Qualcomm have finally released a full version of their Adreno 200/300 drivers.

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 3xx and 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1. It has been tested with the CAF release A8064AAAAANLGD133402.1 and M8960AAAAANLGD230306.1. Supports any Adreno 2xx and 3xx GPU on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1.

These drivers are provided direct from Qualcomm's Adreno Development website found here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobi...phics-optimization-adreno/tools-and-resources

I unfortunately cannot test them as I do not have a JB ROM installed currently, can someone please test and let me know if they work.

Note: Don't forget to do a Nandroid backup first!

Download (Standard Package from Qualcomm)
    See attached.

Download (Flashable ZIP)
    Click Here

2XX Series Only - (Extra files removed from previous ZIP)

Testing
    Confirmed NOT working on GB - Android boots but framerate is extremely low. (Tested just in case)
    Seems to not be working on JB - CosmicDan may be able to explain as to why. (Also, see http://xdaforums.com/report.php?p=35427866 - Thanks nickholtus)
    ICS is currently Untested.

FXP and some others are slowly working on 3.4 (I think) kernel for Xperia 2011 devices. As soon as it gets USB working (J from FXP uses Mogami developer board with serial/JTAG interface) then I will try to help with development.

No idea about Ubuntu, doesn't interest me. I don't see the point on running a computer OS on a phone (apart from emulating DOS and Amiga for old school gaming).
    The new drivers work in cm10.1,just compiled it right now,although simply copying them will not do,changes need to be made in device-vendor-blobs.mk before compiling with the new drivers. cm10.1 still is a bit laggy (aroung 2 -5 %) because of the absence of the 4.2 kernel branch. but gaming performance seems to be a bit better.

regards
    doom

This is a post from s plus developers ..

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Galaxy S Plus =/= Xperia 2011. Your kernel didn't need framebuffer and gralloc hacks for jellybean.

Dan already said we can't replace the libs for Andreno in jellybean

Are people using these drivers in ICS Roms? Has anyone done benchmark testing?

~Darklords Development Team~

By the way, I just found out that these are only for Jellybean 4.2. So even if we had kernel 3.x they probably won't work on JB 4.1.x anyway.

i dont think so..for the moment this not work on any rom.;)