Search This thread

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Will that work and on my atrix HD?

Sent from my Atrix HD using xda app-developers app

Maybachiswhereitsat

Feb 27, 2013
Raleigh
You have to make a prima folder in /system/libs/modules/ then put folder 2 from the WiFi fix zip, then put regular ones in. (Add this to the cm10 zip.) Overwrite the files, flash it, reboot and its fixed.

Sent from my DROID Atrix HD MAXX using xda app-developers app

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
I got it working with the flash able fix someone posted. Thanks though man.

sent from my JokerMATRIX HD MAXX

You have to make a prima folder in /system/libs/modules/ then put folder 2 from the WiFi fix zip, then put regular ones in. (Add this to the cm10 zip.) Overwrite the files, flash it, reboot and its fixed.

Sent from my DROID Atrix HD MAXX using xda app-developers app
Easy peasy...now I don't have to download CM10 to figure it out :D

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
I'm trying to run the new RageHD Rom posted on droidrzr but I can't get data or wifi to work on my atrix HD.. Any ideas?

I'm trying to run the new RageHD Rom posted on droidrzr but I can't get data or wifi to work on my atrix HD.. Any ideas?

Hmm can't imagine the tweaks being any different because rage is based on the same ROMs as all the others (Verizon). Post your modified build.prop here and maybe I can spot something. I've done this method flashing a ROM with CWM (instead of safe strap) so I know that's not the issue!

Sent from a non-apple device.

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Hmm can't imagine the tweaks being any different because rage is based on the same ROMs as all the others (Verizon). Post your modified build.prop here and maybe I can spot something. I've done this method flashing a ROM with CWM (instead of safe strap) so I know that's not the issue!

Sent from a non-apple device.

Just added img at the end so i could upload it here.

Attachments

• build.prop.img
    8.9 KB · Views: 30
I would change this line:
ro.mot.eri=1 to ro.mot.eri=0

delete these:
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
ro.cdma.nbpcd=1
ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1
ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
ro.cdma.data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite,0,0,10000,10000,100000,10000,10000,10000,10000,140000,540000,960000
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

and then add:
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=10

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
I'm working on it but I can't download a file manager on the rom and editing it beforehand broke it.

Sent from my JokerMATRIX HD MAXX

I'm working on it but I can't download a file manager on the rom and editing it beforehand broke it.

If you're comfortable with ADB you could push it to your Atrix, otherwise I can see if this works on my phone later (when I'm home from work). I've always put the edited build.prop in the rom before flashing. Make sure you are using a proper Unix editor like Notepad+ perhaps?

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
OK I got the lte and WiFi working but after rebooting my phone lte disappears and only shows up when I'm connected to WiFi. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

OK I got the lte and WiFi working but after rebooting my phone lte disappears and only shows up when I'm connected to WiFi. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Try toggling the Network Mode from Global to GSM/UMTS then back to Global (under Mobile Networks). You may have to do this at each boot, some roms I tried were finicky like this.

Reactions: deeje00

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Can you explain to me how to set that up? Please lol.

marellz

Jul 27, 2013
I had been going through flashing withdrawl due to the lack of roms for the XT925 and decided to play around and see what worked. Installing XT926 roms is no problem with safestrap but there were always thing not quite working; only 3G speed and no wifi being the main ones. I found this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107662
but replacing the two files wasn't enough so I played some more and had success!

Getting LTE: Enter *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer and select "Phone Information" scroll down and make sure "LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" is selected under "Set preferred network type:". DO not change anything else here unless you know what you are doing! DO not change anything else here unless you know what you are doing!
Make sure "Global" is selected under "Network Mode" in your Mobile Network Settings. Now enter your APN manually. BOOM you has LTE. I had to keep resetting from GSM/UTMS to "Global" after a reboot, this is fixed by the build.prop changes and factory reset.

Add or change the following lines:
ro.mot.ds.fastdormancy.disable=true
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9
ro.mot.eri=0
ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=0
then I removed every line that had "cdma" in it (except the one above)

Now the default_network setting will not be changed unless you factory reset after and if the rom does not have your apns "on file" you will have to fiddle to get data to work on a reboot. This is fixed by replacing the apns-conf.xml file found in /system/etc/ with one that has your carrier setting or editing the existing one.
Note: I tried doing an advanced data restore through Safestrap/TWRP and the connection on boot issue came back. Restoring with Titatnium worked fine

Getting wifi: you need a root browser for this. Back up your original ones by adding ".bak" to the end of the name. Download the zip attached (no it is not flashable, I don't have that expertise) and extract it to your phone somewhere. Copy the Set1 (cfg80211.ko & wlan.ko) files to /system/lib/modules then copy the Set2 (cfg80211.ko & prima_wlan.ko) files to /system/lib/modules/prima
Fix permissions and reboot. (I don't actually know if all four files are needed, just that it works when they are all there!)

"Wifi still isn't working!?" Compare the permissions of the new files to the old ones (you backed them up right?).

Getting rid of "This SIM card is from an unknown source:" delete VzwPhoneService.apk from system/app

Tested with "Foot Through The Floor", "wWidow" and "fusionHD" with safestrap.

Thanks to:
mattlgroff for the clue that it was possible with his Batakang for Atrix HD release
Cambridge2009 for the hint where to start in their Atrix > Razr thread
droidrzr.com for their sweet roms!
pfak for their build.prop tweaks

Observations:
Everything works flawlessly now!

I am not responsible for you borking this process and by extension your device, always have backups to save yer arse if you do. I have messed things up many times with many devices with no sweat because I consistently backup.

i really need your help i have a DROID Razr HD (XT926) from Verizon,,and am currently using it outside of the US. my problem is that none of the Custom ROMs that i downloaded will work on the phone,,on most,,the data connection fails,,and there is no indication on the network bars on the status bar,,if i try XT925 roms,,there is no signal at all. CM10/10.1, AOKP, Illusion, SlimBean, Liquidsmooth 4.2.2 roms ALL do not work,,,the only ROM that works is the XenonHD XT925 ROM,,but it has got dozens of bugs(eg data connection loss at times) ....do you know of any MODs or changes i could make to the ROMs so that they can work?? Please Help :(

netson99

Feb 7, 2009
Depok
arthjco.net
i really need your help i have a DROID Razr HD (XT926) from Verizon,,and am currently using it outside of the US. my problem is that none of the Custom ROMs that i downloaded will work on the phone,,on most,,the data connection fails,,and there is no indication on the network bars on the status bar,,if i try XT925 roms,,there is no signal at all. CM10/10.1, AOKP, Illusion, SlimBean, Liquidsmooth 4.2.2 roms ALL do not work,,,the only ROM that works is the XenonHD XT925 ROM,,but it has got dozens of bugs(eg data connection loss at times) ....do you know of any MODs or changes i could make to the ROMs so that they can work?? Please Help :(

Please check your baseband. It's look like that your baseband version is the old version.
If this is the case, you should replace files on the /etc/firmware with the files that support your baseband.

If your baseband is VANQUISH_BP_1045.711.53.20P, I have made flash-able zip files that can be used to replace the /etc/firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had been going through flashing withdrawl due to the lack of roms for the XT925 and decided to play around and see what worked. Installing XT926 roms is no problem with safestrap but there were always thing not quite working; only 3G speed and no wifi being the main ones. I found this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107662
    but replacing the two files wasn't enough so I played some more and had success!

Getting LTE: Enter *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer and select "Phone Information" scroll down and make sure "LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" is selected under "Set preferred network type:". DO not change anything else here unless you know what you are doing! DO not change anything else here unless you know what you are doing!
    Make sure "Global" is selected under "Network Mode" in your Mobile Network Settings. Now enter your APN manually. BOOM you has LTE. I had to keep resetting from GSM/UTMS to "Global" after a reboot, this is fixed by the build.prop changes and factory reset.

Add or change the following lines:
    ro.mot.ds.fastdormancy.disable=true
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9
    ro.mot.eri=0
    ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=0
    then I removed every line that had "cdma" in it (except the one above)

Now the default_network setting will not be changed unless you factory reset after and if the rom does not have your apns "on file" you will have to fiddle to get data to work on a reboot. This is fixed by replacing the apns-conf.xml file found in /system/etc/ with one that has your carrier setting or editing the existing one.
    Note: I tried doing an advanced data restore through Safestrap/TWRP and the connection on boot issue came back. Restoring with Titatnium worked fine

Getting wifi: you need a root browser for this. Back up your original ones by adding ".bak" to the end of the name. Download the zip attached (no it is not flashable, I don't have that expertise) and extract it to your phone somewhere. Copy the Set1 (cfg80211.ko & wlan.ko) files to /system/lib/modules then copy the Set2 (cfg80211.ko & prima_wlan.ko) files to /system/lib/modules/prima
    Fix permissions and reboot. (I don't actually know if all four files are needed, just that it works when they are all there!)

"Wifi still isn't working!?" Compare the permissions of the new files to the old ones (you backed them up right?).

Getting rid of "This SIM card is from an unknown source:" delete VzwPhoneService.apk from system/app

Tested with "Foot Through The Floor", "wWidow" and "fusionHD" with safestrap.

Thanks to:
    mattlgroff for the clue that it was possible with his Batakang for Atrix HD release
    Cambridge2009 for the hint where to start in their Atrix > Razr thread
    droidrzr.com for their sweet roms!
    pfak for their build.prop tweaks

Observations:
    Everything works flawlessly now!

I am not responsible for you borking this process and by extension your device, always have backups to save yer arse if you do. I have messed things up many times with many devices with no sweat because I consistently backup.
    I would change this line:
    ro.mot.eri=1 to ro.mot.eri=0

delete these:
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
    ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    ro.cdma.nbpcd=1
    ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1
    ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
    ro.cdma.data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite,0,0,10000,10000,100000,10000,10000,10000,10000,140000,540000,960000
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

and then add:
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=10
    Re: How I got XT926 roms working on my XT925

I should try this out. If this works, someone should sticky this topic!

Sent from my XT925
    I was able to fix the data disconnects through some build.prop changes and added it to the first post. I'm still going to look and see what else can be tweaked but I'm very happy at the progress!
    Added a bunch more tweaks to make the data connection persist reboot and make everything run as it should.