I've started porting Ubuntu-touch dev-preview to the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (3g). If you do not understand it already, you flash this at your own risk. There is now also a Ubuntu-touch specific device page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/p6800. I'll try to keep this thread and the Ubuntu devices page as close to each other as possible.
Big thanks to Daniel_hk for helping with boot.img Now It can be booted, but the screen is still black
Also, without working wifi and display, the preview is basically unusable... Next steps should be these:
1. Get wifi drivers working.
2. Get display drivers working.
root@localhost:/# uname -a Linux localhost 3.0.15-CM-g1dc3074 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 13 00:43:37 EET 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
Latest release tagged with: "v0.3", not tested!
- Daily Ubuntu image: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...alled/current/
- Install CWM 126.96.36.199
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Flash cm-10.1-20130312-UNOFFICIAL-p6800.zip to device
- Flash quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip to device
Starting to use
Then it gets interesting (Black sreen for now now Run the following commands in your desktop system:
adb root adb shell ubuntu_chroot shell
- Ubuntu-touch dev-preview is flashable.
- It boots!
- Kernel is based to the CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210, but it is a mess. So forked it, took code here and there (mostly from locerra's JB build).
- Kernel is based 3.0.15 and no newer one available (yet).
- Most of the drivers in kernel had to be turned off, because build was not succeeding...
- bluetooth: Doesn't work
- audio: Dock audio doesn't work.
- hwcomposer: HDMI dongle doesn't work.
- wifi: Doesn't work.
- camera: Doesn't work.
- .. and lot of kernel level bugs for sure.
- Displaydrivers are not working (yet).
- Version 0.2 (13.03.2013) - Now it boots, see release notes
- Version 0.1 (07.03.2013) - Intial release, nothing works
- BIG THANKS to daniel_hk for solving the boot.img problem for me.
- Anyone who has worked previously with the device/kernel source.
- locerra (for getting CM10.1 to flashable state).