Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361152607789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361152607789.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 739

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
I'm currently on an older xone kernel(3.0.61) clocked to 1600+ and even the one previous to that clocked around 1900... both run my phone super hot, even when it's turned off and not charging I've touched it and been surprised at how warm it is.

Will this one fix that issue n be likely to maintain good battery life despite the high clocking?

Last edited:

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
Re: [KERNEL][Touchwiz]~Xone Kernel~[02/17/2013]

I'm currently on an older xone kernel(3.0.61) clocked to 1600+ and even the one previous to that clocked around 1900... both run my phone super hot, even when it's turned off and not charging I've touched it and been surprised at how warm it is.

Will this one fix that issue n be likely to maintain good battery life despite the high clocking?

My phone doesn't get hot. So... I dont know try it.

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 2 ghz

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010

Oh... I'm retarded and didn't realize this was note II development, as I clicked a link in dj's signature n he was just over on gsIII developing. .. gotta find me a cool running gsIII kernel... sorry

Craniotomy

Jun 14, 2011

I'm in the latest version since release and never experienced heat issues, my current temp is 28.4C. It went up to 35C but i was playing and doing a lot of stuff on it, but it quickly went down when i ended or cleared the recent apps

POWERED by FROSTY!

CL3P20

Nov 7, 2012
Citrus Heights
hwbot.org
check your voltage table in the 'pwm' folder.. if you had saved one from a previous ROM it could be conflicting and loading different voltages

*I checked mine after performance was very poor in Antutu @ 1.8ghz. Found my voltage table loading 1.4mv for +1.7ghz clocks. Lowered to 1.35mv and boosted score by ~4.5k.. temps are back in 'normal' range now as well.

Reactions: Craniotomy

Craniotomy

Jun 14, 2011

check your voltage table in the 'pwm' folder.. if you had saved one from a previous ROM it could be conflicting and loading different voltages

*I checked mine after performance was very poor in Antutu @ 1.8ghz. Found my voltage table loading 1.4mv for +1.7ghz clocks. Lowered to 1.35mv and boosted score by ~4.5k.. temps are back in 'normal' range now as well.

Where do I look for the pwm folder?

POWERED by FROSTY!

CL3P20

Nov 7, 2012
Citrus Heights
hwbot.org
Where do I look for the pwm folder?

POWERED by FROSTY!

Im using System Tuner.. which puts the PWM folder in my main directory. The program will save the current voltage table information to a text file you can edit. Since the program does not show/report voltages correctly with this ROM, I tested the changes to the voltage table by rebooting after editing and adjusting.. and running Antutu and Quadrant. The results would get very bad as too much voltage was applied [ie - normal score ~17k with 1.33v vs. 9k score with 1.375v or higher voltage]. Too little vcore and CPU will just lock or fc benchmark.

**just digging around in the log files for GPU.. not sure what to think.. the GPU state log is showing my GPU clock has been locked at 160mhz.. as well the voltage for 640mhz is set for 1150mv, and voltage for 733mhz is set to 1125mv.. changing and saving the file has no affect though. These settings reverse as soon as you reboot..

taking screenies for post. I would like to be able to adjust GPU speed somehow, reliably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craniotomy

Craniotomy

Jun 14, 2011

Anything cooking here?