FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2009, 07:53 PM |#501  
Flag Hampshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip

I still have the problem described by snufkin. I have an Exception set to only run TomTom in landscape. In earlier versions of ChangeScreen, it didn't matter what orientation my Touch HD was in when I started TomTom, the phone would change to landscape before starting TomTom (which is exactly what I wanted). With V2.77, TomTom starts in whatever orientation the phone is in at the time (and if it's portrait, I can only change to landscape by exiting TomTom, rotating the phone to landscape, and then restarting TomTom - which is a pain).

Just to let everybody know that the problem I have been having with TomTom has resolved itself - it now always starts in Landscape regardless of the orientation of the phone. Not sure why it didn't before (perhaps I hadn't waited long enough, or it needed a soft reset?)
1st June 2009, 09:58 PM |#502  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent.Orange

Hey 600GOL

great work, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddick

thanks for the app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayekhine

Nice application!
and Thanks you verrry much for sharing it.

No problem. thanks for using it!
1st June 2009, 10:00 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems31

I'm using S2U2 and I've set it so that it's only on portrait.
However, sometimes it'll show it on landscape. I'll then make it go portrait and it works fine. But after I slide to unlock, it'll lock itself again as if there were two unlock-to-slide screens.

This usually happens if i get a text/incoming call and I turned off the screen while it's still in landscape mode. Not a big issue. Works great otherwise. Thanks!

I've had that happen to me too when I briefly used S2U2. I'll try to find time to install it again and determine why that happens. In the meantime, if you can pinpoint exactly when it happens please pass it along to me so I can fix it. It may however be an issue with S2U2 - which means that theres nothing I can do. Regardless... let me know. Thanks!
2nd June 2009, 03:03 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

I've had that happen to me too when I briefly used S2U2. I'll try to find time to install it again and determine why that happens. In the meantime, if you can pinpoint exactly when it happens please pass it along to me so I can fix it. It may however be an issue with S2U2 - which means that theres nothing I can do. Regardless... let me know. Thanks!

I've found out how to replicate it.

Basically it happens if any app is not in portrait and I turn the screen off.
So when I turn it back on, S2U2 will start up (as expected). Then when I slide to unlock, it will do so but right after it unlocks it will lock again.
2nd June 2009, 08:27 PM |#505  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Tomtom issue
I have set in the exception list tomtom only in landscape but, after few second since I launch it, the windows task bar appear.
I have changescreen 2.77. In the version 2.5 it worked fine.
Could someone help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_capture1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	191279  
3rd June 2009, 05:40 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems31

I've found out how to replicate it.

Basically it happens if any app is not in portrait and I turn the screen off.
So when I turn it back on, S2U2 will start up (as expected). Then when I slide to unlock, it will do so but right after it unlocks it will lock again.

I'll look into it asap & get back to you. Thanks for doing the research!
3rd June 2009, 05:41 AM |#507  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus72

I have set in the exception list tomtom only in landscape but, after few second since I launch it, the windows task bar appear.
I have changescreen 2.77. In the version 2.5 it worked fine.
Could someone help me?

Does this only happen with Tomtom or with other apps as well?
3rd June 2009, 06:44 AM |#508  
Flag Bologna

More
Quote:

I have noticed it only with tomtom and with the game nfs undercover.
I have also noticed that, if I launch tomtom with the phone in landscape it works fine.
3rd June 2009, 06:19 PM |#509  

More
Quote:

It happens also with Opera or Klaxon, after the direction is changed, windows taskbar will appear. Both are the full screen applications.
3rd June 2009, 09:05 PM |#510  
Flag Bologna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boge

It happens also with Opera or Klaxon, after the direction is changed, windows taskbar will appear. Both are the full screen applications.

Yes, it happens also with opera.
4th June 2009, 02:07 AM |#511  

More
Prevent rotation while sleeping?
Hi folks - I have a sideways holster and find it annoying when I wake the phone up and it's landscape after being asleep in the holster. Any way to disable the rotation sensor while sleeping?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)