Search This thread

Krishnadusad

Mar 6, 2012
Urbana-Champaign
Hi guys, sorry but i would like to ask if i am eligible too , as i don't really have an ash an astonishing thanks meter nor any guide as such but i answer the questions of new people politely wherever i see them in my subscribed threads and other places . Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Hi guys, sorry but i would like to ask if i am eligible too , as i don't really have an ash an astonishing thanks meter nor any guide as such but i answer the questions of new people politely wherever i see them in my subscribed threads and other places . Thanks :)

You do not meet the nine month requirement.

You must have been a member for nine months or more.

Moderating from my SCH-I605

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
To be honest guys, even though it's good that you're interested in becoming a RC, I don't think we really need posts asking if others think you're eligible.
If you feel you meet the given requirements, wait until applications are re-opened so you can apply. Honestly, if you're not sure whether you should become one or not, you probably aren't ready just yet.
I asked if I was eligible and was given a similar answer to what I'm posting. It turned out that I wasn't ready at that point because I didn't quite meet all the requirements.

The best advice I could give is to be patient and self-critical. This way, you'll be able to see your faults and rectify them.

Krishnadusad

Mar 6, 2012
Urbana-Champaign
To be honest guys, even though it's good that you're interested in becoming a RC, I don't think we really need posts asking if others think you're eligible.
If you feel you meet the given requirements, wait until applications are re-opened so you can apply. Honestly, if you're not sure whether you should become one or not, you probably aren't ready just yet.
I asked if I was eligible and was given a similar answer to what I'm posting. It turned out that I wasn't ready at that point because I didn't quite meet all the requirements.

The best advice I could give is to be patient and self-critical. This way, you'll be able to see your faults and rectify them.

True. Sorry... I was actually thinking if having a guide was a requirement thus, i posted . seems like i ain't ready . Thanks :)

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
I am not liking all this speculation about "do I qualify..?" "what do I need.." and more so that the current RCs are feeding these with actual answers.

I urge all of you to refrain from asking this particular question, its almost becoming like asking for an ETA on a rom thread.. you know how that goes?

If you feel you are ready, apply.. that's all there is to it :) and if you donot get accepted, I am sure you will be given reasons. You may discuss here how you can improve your contributions to be accepted again.

Cheers!

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
I am not liking all this speculation about "do I qualify..?" "what do I need.." and more so that the current RCs are feeding these with actual answers.

I urge all of you to refrain from asking this particular question, its almost becoming like asking for an ETA on a rom thread.. you know how that goes?

If you feel you are ready, apply.. that's all there is to it :) and if you donot get accepted, I am sure you will be given reasons. You may discuss here how you can improve your contributions to be accepted again.

Cheers!

Good point PG101 :)

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
So if one is really helpful in one or two threads, maintains it and helps tons of people but doesn't venture out he doesn't qualify?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I would say that its more of a case-by-case basis.
On a low activity device, that would be qualifying to an extent.
Might not be sufficient for higher activity devices.

Plus it depends on how much support within threads, use of language, past infractions...and a lot of other things, I'm sure.

All in all, there's no "definition" of contribution. Nothing like "one size fits all".

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee

Cheers!

I apologize, I did not know it would be this large of an issue when I asked. I also did not know others were already asking constantly. I feel I have done quite a lot and deserve an RC title so I will apply tomorrow and see what happens. I love the site and will continue helping and doing work for others regardless of the decision. :)

Neph

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
I apologize, I did not know it would be this large of an issue when I asked. I also did not know others were already asking constantly. I feel I have done quite a lot and deserve an RC title so I will apply tomorrow and see what happens. I love the site and will continue helping and doing work for others regardless of the decision. :)

Neph

I would read the OP first, as applications are currently closed. It will be updated when they open back up soon.

And as always NO ETA's

Important edit:
RC applications are currently closed. They shall be reopened soon.

From Jaramie's LT28at

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK

Neph
Once the applications are reopened, I think you'd be more suited to apply for RT instead.

Also, would you mind either resizing your signature pic or using a show content button? Afterall, it's a fairly big sig :)

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Once the applications are reopened, I think you'd be more suited to apply for RT instead.

Also, would you mind either resizing your signature pic or using a show content button? Afterall, it's a fairly big sig :)

Mods already asked for me to resize including efrant and I reduced it 50% I see multiple users on numerous threads with way larger signatures and nobody even comments to them. They said my current size is fine. I mean no disrespect but my custom work will be ruined if I deplete the size anymore.

Sent from my AK Cylon Powered AOSPA 3.1 Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Mods already asked for me to resize including efrant and I reduced it 50% I see multiple users on numerous threads with way larger signatures and nobody even comments to them. They said my current size is fine. I mean no disrespect but my custom work will be ruined if I deplete the size anymore.

Sent from my AK Cylon Powered AOSPA 3.1 Galaxy Nexus

No one talked to them people or they haven't been reported yet.
Why not make a small banner and hide the rest under spoiler button?
IMHO, when sig box is bigger than post box default size, there is a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
IMHO, when sig box is bigger than post box default size, there is a problem.
This.

Seriously, it's just annoying. Yes, it might be a nice graphics art, but it gets in the way.
I had disabled signatures for a while, but they do often contain useful information of users which I missed and thus turned back on.
If there are others with even larger signatures this doesn't mean yours is okay - it means you should tell them and in case of non existent cooperation PM a mod.

As a general tip: use
and
to make use of the whole width rather than stretching the height.

Reactions: undercover

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RC-RT Mission Statement

As Recognized Contributors/Themers, we are challenged with the purpose of aiding development, offering assistance, and above all, embodying the Spirit of XDA. Contributing to XDA-Developers is more than simply delivering ROMs, mods, and themes and by posting and behaving in a modest and exemplary way, we aim to influence and encourage other users to conduct themselves with friendliness and cooperation.
    -------------------------------------------​

So over on the Recognized Contributors forum, it has become clear that most members of XDA don't know that you can apply for the title of Recognized Contributor (RC). I have also included the same for Recognized themer, as I am assuming that it's not well known that you can apply.

What is a Recognized Contributor?
    Recognized Contributor is a role intended for members who produce some of the best original and helpful guides for users, as well as helping other users who have problems, in a friendly manner. Recognized Contributors will get a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Moderator and or Status-ed Holder on XDA can forward a Nomination to the Committee, should they feel the Individual is deserving of this Status.​
    What is a Recognized Themer?
    Recognized Themers are those users who work (often tirelessly) on designing new theme graphics and user interface overhauls for ROMs. Users who aspire to be Recognized Themers should be creating original graphics work for their themes being released, demonstrate a commitment to crediting other users’ work when applicable, and seek the relevant permission in advance from the original creator. Recognized Themers will receive a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Moderator and or Status-ed Holder on XDA can forward a Nomination to the Committee, should they feel the Individual is deserving of this Status.​
    Pre-requisites
    • 1. Be a member for at least 1 year (following the XDA rules) with consistent and acceptable activity, upon review with the discretion of the Committee of acceptable months. Usually, 6-8 activity is acceptable.
    • 2. Posted good original threads:
      a. Threads that are guides/index/collective information.
      b. OP of ROM threads and have good support within the ROM thread or via a separate thread in the Q&A section, and some activity in the Q&A section or other threads besides their own.
      c. Place holder threads (discussions of home screens/ wallpapers / Off-Topic, etc) are NOT accepted.
      Exception: A proper place holder for a new phone with details and other important information and further maintaining the Q&A on the device.
    • 3. In case of no independent threads, the following may be accepted:
      a. An FAQ (or support post) within a ROM thread.
      b. Generally moving around from thread to thread to help members – the "Post Count Vs Thanks" could be used as a means to measure this.
    • 4. Good quality general know-how around XDA forums (not necessarily developer standard)
    • 5. Thanks count broadly expected given the forums they are in.
    • 6. Posted regularly enough (complementing point 1) to provide continuous support or less frequently but good high-value support
    • 7. Contribute to a good overall general atmosphere.
    • 8. You have read, understood, and will adhere to the: Recognized Contributor Code of Conduct: https://www.xda-developers.com/recognized-contributor-code-of-conduct/
    How can I apply?

NOTE: Please do not bother to apply if you have created accounts purely to boost your "thanks" count, if you got your buddies to thank all your posts or any other method of boosting thanks! We will know! If you have done this and still wish to apply please note this in your application and your honesty will be taken into account. An RC sets the example for following the rules..one of which is do not make more than one account!

You can apply by sending your application via PM to:
    • A member of the RC-RT Committee:

Clark Joseph Kent Lead​

RC-RT Liaison PG101
    • Any other Senior Moderator
    • Any FSM.
    • Any existing RC, who will pass on your application forward.
    Choose whichever route you are more comfortable with, the end result is the same. All list of moderators can be found here.

The best way in which to apply through your PM
    When you are writing your application, you will need to include:
    • A polite hello
    • Your username with a link to your username will want to check your history.
    • Why do you think you would make a good RC/RT, including a little about your time on XDA.
    • Links to your work including Guides, Ref, Roms, Projects, Apps(Themes for RT), etc
      Do not forget to include 7/10 links of threads/posts which would be helpful in assessing your application.
    • A thank you for their time and goodbye (Manners are free)
    Please note only apply once to one committee members, do not send 3 applications to 3 different committee members. Also be patient, the committee members are very busy people and have other work on XDA and in personal life. I would recommend a waiting time of upto a week; and if you receive no response within a week, then a reminder PM.
    Please do not bombard the committee with PM's.

If you are having a problem with your application or you would like to appeal a decision made on your application, then you can contact the RC-RT Committee through PM.

If you do get accepted as an RC/RT then please come and visit the RC's forum and help contribute to our work and cause to make XDA a better place

If you have any questions then please ask, I or the other RC's/RT's will help in anyway we can.

Hiya
    (quote edited by Zatta)

The general criteria is that a member should have been helpful, courteous and active commensurate to the forum one is mostly in. You will need to be an active member of XDA for 12 months or more.

While applying, please include 7-10 links/threads/posts that you think will help us decide on your application, effectively.

Cheers and good luck
    PG101

WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT: A PLACE FOR PRE-ASSESSMENTS.

Cheers!

Guys/Gals, I don't see this as a thread to evaluate others or to give hints and tips for others to achieve RC status. If a person is suitable , let the mods review them. They can read the OP and know the criteria required. I'm concerned that this thread has become a training ground and the RC pool is becoming diluted.

If a user cannot read or know what the criteria is, then, imho, they don't have the criteria required
    Guys/Gals, I don't see this as a thread to evaluate others or to give hints and tips for others to achieve RC status. If a person is suitable , let the mods review them. They can read the OP and know the criteria required. I'm concerned that this thread has become a training ground and the RC pool is becoming diluted.

If a user cannot read or know what the criteria is, then, imho, they don't have the criteria required
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!
    Not aimed at anyone in particular, but as RC's, I think you need to lead by example, similar to Moderators. One of my personal pet hates is users asking for Thanks in their signatures or those who have large images in their signatures. If normal users see this, they'll think it is the norm and follow suit. If a post merits somebody saying thank you, they'll click on the button. Requesting it defeats the purpose imho. As for large images in their signatures. There is no need for it. It's just annoying and takes up to much space. Personally I'd like RC's to not do either of these things and help XDA as a whole by encouraging others to follow suit.

JM2C

EDIT - Moved this discussion to here to keep thread on topic
    Edit: none of my business to intervene, sorries. :)

I liked the unedited version myself, that being said; gentlemen, if you wish to become an RC the qualifications are listed in the OP. This has been stated many, many times throughout this thread "This is not a guide to make you an RC, it is a guide on how to apply to become one"
    Asking if you qualify here shows that you did not read the OP, which in turn, shows that perhaps you're not ready to apply...

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul
    Can i go for application to rc with My 5 permanent infraction ?
    Please don't 'keep lamp on wall'
    Give me answer yes or no!.

visit www.fb.com/softcrush

No, we wont give you an answer.. and No, you cant say "Give me answer yes or no!"

This is not your backyard lawn, my friend. Please be tasteful and polite in choosing how you ask.

And.. please, for the love of GOD, Read the OP - I know I am being a jerk.. but I don't know, what will it take for members aspiring to be RCs, to at least read the OP of this very thread that guides them to become one.