changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread
I still have the problem described by snufkin. I have an Exception set to only run TomTom in landscape. In earlier versions of ChangeScreen, it didn't matter what orientation my Touch HD was in when I started TomTom, the phone would change to landscape before starting TomTom (which is exactly what I wanted). With V2.77, TomTom starts in whatever orientation the phone is in at the time (and if it's portrait, I can only change to landscape by exiting TomTom, rotating the phone to landscape, and then restarting TomTom - which is a pain).
Just to let everybody know that the problem I have been having with TomTom has resolved itself - it now always starts in Landscape regardless of the orientation of the phone. Not sure why it didn't before (perhaps I hadn't waited long enough, or it needed a soft reset?)

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I'm using S2U2 and I've set it so that it's only on portrait.
However, sometimes it'll show it on landscape. I'll then make it go portrait and it works fine. But after I slide to unlock, it'll lock itself again as if there were two unlock-to-slide screens.

This usually happens if i get a text/incoming call and I turned off the screen while it's still in landscape mode. Not a big issue. Works great otherwise. Thanks!

I've had that happen to me too when I briefly used S2U2. I'll try to find time to install it again and determine why that happens. In the meantime, if you can pinpoint exactly when it happens please pass it along to me so I can fix it. It may however be an issue with S2U2 - which means that theres nothing I can do. Regardless... let me know. Thanks!

Rems31

Apr 9, 2009
I've had that happen to me too when I briefly used S2U2. I'll try to find time to install it again and determine why that happens. In the meantime, if you can pinpoint exactly when it happens please pass it along to me so I can fix it. It may however be an issue with S2U2 - which means that theres nothing I can do. Regardless... let me know. Thanks!

I've found out how to replicate it.

Basically it happens if any app is not in portrait and I turn the screen off.
So when I turn it back on, S2U2 will start up (as expected). Then when I slide to unlock, it will do so but right after it unlocks it will lock again.

Claus72

Jul 10, 2006
Bologna
Tomtom issue

I have set in the exception list tomtom only in landscape but, after few second since I launch it, the windows task bar appear. :(
I have changescreen 2.77. In the version 2.5 it worked fine.
Could someone help me?

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 56

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I've found out how to replicate it.

Basically it happens if any app is not in portrait and I turn the screen off.
So when I turn it back on, S2U2 will start up (as expected). Then when I slide to unlock, it will do so but right after it unlocks it will lock again.

I'll look into it asap & get back to you. Thanks for doing the research!

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I have set in the exception list tomtom only in landscape but, after few second since I launch it, the windows task bar appear. :(
I have changescreen 2.77. In the version 2.5 it worked fine.
Could someone help me?

Does this only happen with Tomtom or with other apps as well?

doughamm

Feb 26, 2008
Prevent rotation while sleeping?

Hi folks - I have a sideways holster and find it annoying when I wake the phone up and it's landscape after being asleep in the holster. Any way to disable the rotation sensor while sleeping?

FinalAeon

Jan 28, 2006
Hi 600GOL
Will you be adding a function to put the device to standby if it is upside down? I didnt notice that from the list of functions in the first post. Its the only reason why I'm still using Gyrator which has the problem of quitting itself.

Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Hi 600GOL
Will you be adding a function to put the device to standby if it is upside down? I didnt notice that from the list of functions in the first post. Its the only reason why I'm still using Gyrator which has the problem of quitting itself.

Screen off in pocket. Is that what you want. This will shut the screen off when the device is upside down (ie: call keys on top of screen)

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I have noticed it only with tomtom and with the game nfs undercover.
I have also noticed that, if I launch tomtom with the phone in landscape it works fine.

It happens also with Opera or Klaxon, after the direction is changed, windows taskbar will appear. Both are the full screen applications.

Yes, it happens also with opera. :(

I'm going to look into this... I guess it happens with all (or most) full screen apps?

Claus72

Jul 10, 2006
Bologna
I'm going to look into this... I guess it happens with all (or most) full screen apps?

Thank you 600GOL.
Yes it happens when you start a full screen application in portrait mode and then you rotate the phone in landscape.
If you start the full screen application in landscape mode it doesn't happen.
Sorry for my English.

paco644

Jun 8, 2009
newbie question

how do you install the change screen software? I tried just putting the files in my docs then running setup but does not work. Sorry for the newbie question