FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 2nd March 2013, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2013, 07:25 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

So i can install from play store, uninstall, install again, and it will be good? Still confused.

1. Install busybox app from play store.
2. Launch busybox app, press uninstall key, wait until it say what busybox removed.
3. Set busybox install location to /system/xbin (in dropdown menu)
4. Press Install key, choose smart method, wait until it say what busybox installed.
5. Uninstall busybox app (optional)
6. Be happy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free

9th March 2013, 08:04 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a P769 V10G Tmobile.

Got stucked at 16% during update. I did replace the bin file using the posted method.

It shows "problem with communication between cell phone and PC" after the update reaches 16%

Any idea? Thanks.

Update: resolved by change a computer.
9th March 2013, 08:39 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am in the process of rooting this phone, but for step 11 of the process, the phone folder in the C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX path doesn't exist so I have no place to put the necessary file.. Did I mess up a step or something that I am not aware of?
9th March 2013, 09:05 PM |#144  
Flag Waterbury CT
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillJarrod

I am in the process of rooting this phone, but for step 11 of the process, the phone folder in the C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX path doesn't exist so I have no place to put the necessary file.. Did I mess up a step or something that I am not aware of?

Do you have hidden folders enabled? In windows 7 go to control panel>Folders>view make sure show hidden files and folders is checked. Another useful setting to check off while you're in there is "show file extensions for known filetypes" if you're on another version of windows I'm pretty sure its the same.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandarus

I have a P769 V10G Tmobile.

Got stucked at 16% during update. I did replace the bin file using the posted method.

It shows "problem with communication between cell phone and PC" after the update reaches 16%

Any idea? Thanks.

Did you install drivers in every connect mode? charge only, mtp etc?
9th March 2013, 11:50 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillJarrod

no it doesn't but what i did i moved the bin file in that directory and copied it so i could paste it when that folder is created during update, when it reaches 8%. it will be there.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryWolf80

2. Launch busybox app, press uninstall key, wait until it say what busybox removed.
4. Press Install key, choose smart method, wait until it say what busybox installed.
6. Be happy

step 5 is optional? i thought its needed for CWM?
9th March 2013, 11:59 PM |#146  
Flag Waterbury CT
Thanks Meter: 117

More
The busybox app you download is just an installer. If you uninstall the app busybox is still installed.
10th March 2013, 12:01 AM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablechair

The busybox app you download is just an installer. If you uninstall the app busybox is still installed.

i picked the one that says busybox. there's also a separate installer app. don't know the difference. seems ok. it was already in the right directory by default so i didn't have to change anything in the pulldown menu.
10th March 2013, 12:22 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablechair

Do you have hidden folders enabled? In windows 7 go to control panel>Folders>view make sure show hidden files and folders is checked. Another useful setting to check off while you're in there is "show file extensions for known filetypes" if you're on another version of windows I'm pretty sure its the same.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Did you install drivers in every connect mode? charge only, mtp etc?

Deleted.

Update: changed a computer and it works now. Don't know why...
10th March 2013, 01:01 AM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryWolf80

6. Be happy

Great instructions, thanks bro.
10th March 2013, 07:30 AM |#150  
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 806

Donate to Me
More
Need help
P769 V10G.

Followed instructions to a tee but the issue is when I click Upgrade Start on the Read Phone Information to begin the flash. If SmallServer is left on port 9002, I get a little box saying to Restart or Close. Clicking Restart will only make the box pop up again. Clicking close will close the dialog and nothing else happens.

If I change SmallServer to port 80, after I click Upgrade Start, this time a dialog pops up that says Checking for New LGMobile Update Program, with a maroon-colored progress bar. It gets to the end and then closes and then nothing else happens.

Any help would be great, thanks.
10th March 2013, 10:53 AM |#151  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,933

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

P769 V10G.

Followed instructions to a tee but the issue is when I click Upgrade Start on the Read Phone Information to begin the flash. If SmallServer is left on port 9002, I get a little box saying to Restart or Close. Clicking Restart will only make the box pop up again. Clicking close will close the dialog and nothing else happens.

If I change SmallServer to port 80, after I click Upgrade Start, this time a dialog pops up that says Checking for New LGMobile Update Program, with a maroon-colored progress bar. It gets to the end and then closes and then nothing else happens.

Any help would be great, thanks.

For some unknown reason your LG Update Tool is not starting after progress bar reaches at end. Install LG PC Suite , restart pc and try again from beginning. Not sure if this helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)