By bakpinar, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2013, 03:57 PM |#3601  
Thanks Meter: 660

More
AW: [App] Link2SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyu

There is nothing to do with pirated apps, mines were all paid and free apps.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

IMO it's done by android, it came with 4.1... maybe to make it harder to use pirated apps. Payed Apps are stored as pkg.apk in a special partition. Would be great if link2sd could move them too - maybe sometimes...

md p9516 - root -waiting for cwm -- thnx2all

8th March 2013, 09:07 PM |#3602  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

There is nothing to do with pirated apps, mines were all paid and free apps.

What ROM are you on Sir?

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder777

IMO it's done by android, it came with 4.1... maybe to make it harder to use pirated apps. Payed Apps are stored as pkg.apk in a special partition. Would be great if link2sd could move them too - maybe sometimes...

md p9516 - root -waiting for cwm -- thnx2all

Tried to linked every apps I bought, no luck in there. Using FX, all bought apps are stored in their special partition, each apps have folders under system/mnt/asec/

weird thing is, for example FX explorer have the unlock key that needs to be purchased, that key is "on the sd" card in link2sd but the free FX explorer can be linked fine. Same as other apps that require keys to activate like Power-amp.

All pirated ones and free ones on Play Store can be linked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to call_of_ktulu25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift call_of_ktulu25 Ad-Free
9th March 2013, 02:37 AM |#3603  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Re: [App] Link2SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by call_of_ktulu25

What ROM are you on Sir?

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Tried to linked every apps I bought, no luck in there. Using FX, all bought apps are stored in their special partition, each apps have folders under system/mnt/asec/

weird thing is, for example FX explorer have the unlock key that needs to be purchased, that key is "on the sd" card in link2sd but the free FX explorer can be linked fine. Same as other apps that require keys to activate like Power-amp.

All pirated ones and free ones on Play Store can be linked fine.

Samsung stock rom jb 4.1.2 but rooted.

9th March 2013, 08:22 AM |#3604  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 931

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlootzakD

It seems that Link2Sd has problems with a large number of apps (450+) on the phone
Can anyone solve or fix the problem?

It works normal but many often it terminates with exception

Configuration:
HTC Desire Z
Cyanogenmod 7
16GB SD - 8 GB normal SD, 8 GB second partition, both FAT32

Will be fixed in the next release that is coming shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
9th March 2013, 08:25 AM |#3605  
Istanbul

More
Quote:

Hi,

My phone is Samsung Note II, SGH-I317M, rooted with CF_AUTO_ROOT with original Stock ROM, SuperSU is installed, My external card is a 64G Sandisk that has 2 partitions (all primary, the first partition 51G is in exFAT, the second partition 8G is in FAT32), from Link2SD storage info, it sees the free 8G 2nd partition (FAT32), when the first time Link2SD starts, I select FAT32/16 and reboot. However, Here are 2 issues that made Link2SD on my phone useless:

1) Some applications (e.g. /mnt/asec/com.rovio.angrybirdsspaceHD-2/pkg.apk) were "On SD Card", which are not correct, because they are never moved to the SD card, still in the internal memory, clean up the 2nd partition brought up: Found no files to delete, click Move to phone button end up getting ‘INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK’.

2) Try to move some of the applications that are not On SD Cards to SD Card, end up getting: INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE, which are not correct either, because there are 8G (FAT32) free space available in the 2nd partition.

Please help how to made it works on my phone.

Thanks much!

1. will be fixed in the next release that is coming shortly

2. Note II, S3 and some other devices removes the function of moving apps to SD from Android system so the moving app function cannot be supported by the system not the Link2SD.
Currently, Android only supports the primary external storage for native App2SD function.
If the primary external storage is emulated from the internal phone storage (like in S3, Note I & II etc.) or does not exists at all, moving app to SD function will not be supported by Android system. It's the limitation of device (rom & hardware).
Try to link the application to SD card instead of moving with built-in app2sd.

http://www.link2sd.info/faq
9th March 2013, 10:22 AM |#3606  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Samsung stock rom jb 4.1.2 but rooted.

I am also in stock Philippines JB 4.1.2 ROM before i rooted.....so this is really weird for me.......

Do you have auto link on in Link2SD? What is your default install location (auto or internal)?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Oh there, looks like Bakpinar is coming up with a fix for our unique problem......
9th March 2013, 12:00 PM |#3607  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 157

More
useful app

sent from my gt-s5830i using xda premium
9th March 2013, 03:39 PM |#3608  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by call_of_ktulu25

I am also in stock Philippines JB 4.1.2 ROM before i rooted.....so this is really weird for me.......

Do you have auto link on in Link2SD? What is your default install location (auto or internal)?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Oh there, looks like Bakpinar is coming up with a fix for our unique problem......

It never worked on my phone

10th March 2013, 01:58 AM |#3609  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
are there plans to also link private data files that are located in /data/data directory to sd? because apps like firefox browser are taking much space from internal memory if synced to your desktop browser.
10th March 2013, 09:29 AM |#3610  
Istanbul

More
UPDATE:
- added x86 and mips support
- added ability to link encrypted apps
- fixed crash if too many apps (600+) are installed on some devices
- minor fixes and optimizations
- added Danish language and updated translations
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
10th March 2013, 09:30 AM |#3611  
Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasou

are there plans to also link private data files that are located in /data/data directory to sd? because apps like firefox browser are taking much space from internal memory if synced to your desktop browser.

Yes, I plan to make a new version (plus version?) with private data linking.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
link2sd, link2sd issues

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)