FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 7th January 2009, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2009, 10:35 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ChangeScreen is a great tool...but since I am using roms with the manila...I have a strange issue...when I do not use my blackstone for a couple of hours and I turn on the display again....changescreen does not work anymore. Seem to me that the task manager is killing the application. Anybody else has this issue? Any ideas how to solve this issue?

4th June 2009, 11:57 PM |#512  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Amazing, i was just wondering about and come here to find the exactly bug report i made about compatibility between Topaz dialer and (in my case) gyrator2. It seems that the dialer that has the "slide down for more options" feature has the hability to crash sensor apps, the one without this feature works fine (Dutty use it in his rom and works).
5th June 2009, 12:27 AM |#513  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggz

ok I've found the way of stopping Opera auto rotating HERE

The fact is that it still doesn't work with changescreen.

Let me state the issue again. When I have just Portrait and Flip 90degrees left (home buttons on the right) into landscape Opera correctly flips between the two...however if I flip my device 180degrees (upside down) it automatically rotates to Portrait....so if I'm lying down and reading in landscape, and it flicks into upside down mode, it rotates...which this shouldn't!!

Does your opera9 exception have all boxes checked?
5th June 2009, 12:29 AM |#514  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYx1975

ChangeScreen is a great tool...but since I am using roms with the manila...I have a strange issue...when I do not use my blackstone for a couple of hours and I turn on the display again....changescreen does not work anymore. Seem to me that the task manager is killing the application. Anybody else has this issue? Any ideas how to solve this issue?

When this happens again can you open the configuration tool and tell me whether Enabled is checked or not?

Thanks!
5th June 2009, 12:30 AM |#515  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic2mod

You are on the ball!!! Awesome!

ps: I just noticed that your awesome app is in the Blackstone forum. It should be moved to Development & Hacking, so more people can find it.

Thanks 4 the heads up
5th June 2009, 12:31 AM |#516  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl69

Amazing, i was just wondering about and come here to find the exactly bug report i made about compatibility between Topaz dialer and (in my case) gyrator2. It seems that the dialer that has the "slide down for more options" feature has the hability to crash sensor apps, the one without this feature works fine (Dutty use it in his rom and works).

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have an HD so I can't see the issue 1st hand but i'll get there eventually...
5th June 2009, 09:38 AM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Same problem here with 2.5 and 2.77. The Rodhium dialer makes ChangeScreen crash. However the checkbox "Enabled" is still checked and when you click on the Toggle shortcut it says "ChangeScreen off", actually it is crashed : ChangeScreen doesn't rotate apps anymore until I restart it.

Anyway the new version has great bug fixes and improvements, so thank you very much!
5th June 2009, 11:05 AM |#518  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekecu

p.s2. I always use the option "Screen off" wen face down. Maybe this has somthing to do with problem. Maybe changescreen works without this option disabled... really don't now. May be someone can test this?

Just to confirm this (in my case).
The issue about crashing gyrator, changescreen, flip-it and whatever sensor app after making a call with topaz dialer it's because this enabled option by default.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0
5th June 2009, 11:27 AM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
@jpl69 : Man, you're the man!! :P

It was getting on my nerves so much since I used Topaz ROMs with this excellent app, and I've been knowing so much ridiculous moment, when for example you want to show the new manila rotation to someone, you turn your phone, and... nothing happens...
....so now there is no problem anymore and every apps will turn everytime with Changescreen when I want to! thank you!
5th June 2009, 12:14 PM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Does your opera9 exception have all boxes checked?

Hi and thanks for the response.

I have added an exception and tried most variations and combos in order to try and get this to work.

I personally believe it is a flaw in the design of the program...the fact that if an disallowed rotation is detected it simply should not rotate at all (or stray from the current orientation) rather than what does happen is it rotates to another allowed orientation.

Can you confirm you understand exactly what I'm saying? I may well not be explaining it well.

thanks again
5th June 2009, 04:39 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

When this happens again can you open the configuration tool and tell me whether Enabled is checked or not?

Thanks!

I will check it today...unfortunally I donÄt have it 100% sure in my mind. I will come back with an answer soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)