Thanks Meter: 1,161

Donate to Me
More
Re: [BOOTLOADER] SuperCID 11111111
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogonpoetlaureate

He's a ninja.

Lol, nope.
I think it's like jcase said, it shows that it's changed, but it actually isn't.

Sent from my awesome fridge
11th March 2013, 08:57 PM |#33  
Flag Koroska
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hi

Hm,maybe he have htc one x in desireX cases :P
11th March 2013, 10:23 PM |#34  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaartenXDA

Lol, nope.
I think it's like jcase said, it shows that it's changed, but it actually isn't.

Sent from my awesome fridge

If that's the case, I'd say you started a premature thread ...

Anyways, I learned a lot in one day..

Thanks bud.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium
13th March 2013, 10:55 AM |#35  
Flag Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Not work on my Desire X CID_032

13th March 2013, 11:18 AM |#36  
Megabrantis Cluster
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Yeah, it seems that /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 has a secure flag set that prevents writing to it. In order for us to get SuperCID, we need to develop a workaround for that first. At least we know now where the CID is kept. So that's something to work with.

13th March 2013, 11:18 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did the way what you show, but everytime i reboot it, it still keep on the same cid, my cid is VODAP022
13th March 2013, 11:23 AM |#38  
Megabrantis Cluster

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers_law

I did the way what you show, but everytime i reboot it, it still keep on the same cid, my cid is VODAP022

Yeah, Maarten should update his post to indicate that it is unlikely to work.

13th March 2013, 05:54 PM |#39  
Megabrantis Cluster

More
Tutorial
A few things I've learned about this partition ( /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 ).
  • It has a secure_flag that acts like the system write protection. This flag is set from the bootloader before the kernel loads. So even though you appear to be able to overwrite the file using dd, it does nothing.
  • The partition houses the CID, IMEI, and radio config data ( rcdata.img ).
  • It is entirely likely that S-OFF is achieved through this file as well.
  • A hardware device exists that claims to support setting the Desire X to SuperCID. Others have achieved this on other devices using a procedure probably such as the one described here.
  • Your local mobile phone repair technician may be able to get you SuperCID if they have such a device.
  • Software hacks have been devised to defeat the secure_flag on other HTC devices by means of a kernel module.
  • It's possible that such solutions might work on the Desire X platform, but the software would need to be ported and tested by an experienced kernel hacker/developer.
  • SuperCID is desirable for two main reasons. First, it's good for non-European users who need to use the European RUU (the only one we have available atm) to restore their phones to stock ROM. Second, it will potentially enable the Facepalm S-OFF folks to port their S-OFF utility to the Desire X.

So when will a software solution to SuperCID be available for the Desire X? Probably not for a while. A hardware solution is reported to exist, and may be the only solution for now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vogonpoetlaureate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vogonpoetlaureate Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 12:05 PM |#40  
Recognized Developer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5,266

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogonpoetlaureate

A few things I've learned about this partition ( /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 ).

• It has a secure_flag that acts like the system write protection. This flag is set from the bootloader before the kernel loads. So even though you appear to be able to overwrite the file using dd, it does nothing.
  • The partition houses the CID, IMEI, and radio config data ( rcdata.img ).
  • It is entirely likely that S-OFF is achieved through this file as well.
  • A hardware device exists that claims to support setting the Desire X to SuperCID. Others have achieved this on other devices using a procedure probably such as the one described here.
  • Your local mobile phone repair technician may be able to get you SuperCID if they have such a device.
  • Software hacks have been devised to defeat the secure_flag on other HTC devices by means of a kernel module.
  • It's possible that such solutions might work on the Desire X platform, but the software would need to be ported and tested by an experienced kernel hacker/developer.
  • SuperCID is desirable for two main reasons. First, it's good for non-European users who need to use the European RUU (the only one we have available atm) to restore their phones to stock ROM. Second, it will potentially enable the Facepalm S-OFF folks to port their S-OFF utility to the Desire X.

So when will a software solution to SuperCID be available for the Desire X? Probably not for a while. A hardware solution is reported to exist, and may be the only solution for now.

I will look into making the module for this phone soon. Thanks for the informative post

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hell_lock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2013, 01:55 AM |#41  
Interesting topic

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire X met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)