Okay, so a quick fix to 2.5.
I forgot test it on Python 3 (silly me programming late at night), but now I did.
v2.51 (updated by Alon Diamant - Mar 15, 2013)
- v2.5 was now tested with Python 3 as well. :S
(updated by Alon Diamant - Mar 14, 2013)
- Improved encrypted Android database detection and decryption code
- Can now repair malformed Android databases (depends on availability of sqlite3 executable)
(updated by Alon Diamant - Mar 06, 2013)
- Generates media index file - but crappily, we should set this up better..
(updated by Alon Diamant - Mar 05, 2013)
- now generates separate file for each contact
- fixed file search to search for image files in days prior to date given (to fix a bug where because of timezone differences the image file exists but is not found)
- fixed message counts for contacts
- does not list contacts with 0 messages
- now writes version number in generated files
- (Android Version) displays WhatsApp name (server based) if no display name is found for a contact
- (Android Version) Supports Python 2.6
How to use:
After doing step 2 of the original post, and before doing step 3 - extract attached archive (Whatsapp_Xtract_Py_2_51.zip) to the same folder selected in step 2. Continue to step 3 normally.
Make sure you click the "Thanks" button beneath this post if you like this!
Original poster: feel free to merge this into your code base, if you feel like it, or contact me to take it down, if you don't like it.