[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Please, I need some help to install the nigthly. I have a P7100 (10.1v vodafone) I have access to odin 1.85 and ADB-fastboot. I can not flash CWM.
"Failed to proces getvar command: partition type: recovery error (0x2)" *

When boot from PC, I can not flash the nigthly
"assert failed: GetProp (" ro.product.device ") ==" p3 "| | GetProp (" ro.build.product ") ==" p3 "
E: Error in / sdcard/cm-10.1-20130302-NIGTHLY-p3.zip
(Status 7)
Installed aborted "

what I can do?

First of all, do you have your bootloader unlocked (does an unlocked keylock appear in the boot process when showing the name of the tablet -> 10.1v)?

If not, you need to unlock it first by following this tutorial.

Then copy the CyanogenMod file (the rom you are trying to flash) to the root of the sdcard, as well as the gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip file.

Download the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) from here, its the recovery.tar.md5 (you may want to download modem.tar.md5 as well, is the P7500 modem that works with P7000s and is best with custom ROMs that the one from P7100, flash it with odin or unpack it to get to the image and flash with "fastboot flash modem [modem image]"

Unpack recovery.tar.md5 (7-zip works well) to get the image, "recovery.img" (if 7-zip fails to recognize the archive file, just remove the .md5 extension).

*) If you have the bootloader unlocked, and if you DO have fastboot working, reboot and enter the bootloader (press Power + Vol - , the left one), select the left icon (using vol- to change and vol+ to select).

Do "fastboot devices" to check that all is working; fastboot should identify one device.

Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery by doing "fastboot flash recovery [recovery image]"

Boot the recovery image with "fastboot boot [recovery img]"

If everything works, you will boot into Clockworkmod Recovery; from there, you can flash the CyanogenMod zip file; dont forget to also flash the gapps file afterwards.

Clean the cache and the Dalvik cache (in the advanced menu), and reboot; if anything fails to work, repeat from (*).

Reactions: davidnolan

pinchecl

Mar 20, 2010
Rotterdam
Time

Hey, first of all, Thanks for the excellent work you have done! I Did install the latest rom0305. Everything worked fine. How ever, when I checked this morning clock was back about 3hours. I want back to 0303 as that one didn't have that problem. Nothing serious but fyi.

Thanks for the quick reply
Of course I have the bootloader unlocked
First try to flash modem with odin (Ok)
after the reboot try to flash with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (fastboot devices find my tab)
in dos windows says : FAILED (command write failed (Invalid argument))
in tab says : Failed to process command getvar: partition-type : recovery error (0x2)

fastboot recovery recovery.img run and this time the nightly of today flash. but only cyanogenmod screen appears and no finish boot.

wype all and WORK!

Thanks

Last edited:

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply
Of course I have the bootloader unlocked
First try to flash modem with odin (Ok)
after the reboot try to flash with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (fastboot devices find my tab)
in dos windows says : FAILED (command write failed (Invalid argument))
in tab says : Failed to process command getvar: partition-type : recovery error (0x2)

fastboot recovery recovery.img run and this time the nightly of today flash. but only cyanogenmod screen appears and no finish boot.

And now?

Do a factory reset in ClockworkMod Recovery (access through fastboot boot [recovery img] in bootloader).

From what i could gather, it fails to flash the recovery image through fastboot, im i right (fastboot seems to be failing a lot with the latest releases)? You can do it through Odin (just dont remove the image from the tar.md5 package, Odin only reads tar.md5), use the PDA field.

You wont have root, if you want it, you can get it through the ChainsDD app SuperUser or the new one from Clockworkmod Koushik Dutta (you willl need to activate Programmer Options and authorize outside apps to install it).

Last edited:
Reactions: davidnolan

sarmentoedu

Feb 2, 2012
Coimbra
can help me again sorry

my 10.1v dont go on more than de cyanogenMod(boot LOgo) what can i do to fix this? sorry my english
i do this Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
but it boot again to the cyanogen(boot Logo), but it should go to the cwm.no?

Last edited:

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
my 10.1v dont go on more than de cyanogenMod(boot LOgo) what can i do to fix this? sorry my english
i do this Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
but it boot again to the cyanogen(boot Logo), but it should go to the cwm.no?

Do you have fastboot working?

You probably require a factory reset, which to my knowledge, you can only do through fastboot (and now it isnt working well anymore) and through CWM, which you cannot force to boot into without fastboot working (AFAIK).

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
its the usb that apear on screen . fastboot usb downoload but i dont know what to do now

To make sure you have fastboot working, follow steps 1-7 of section "Now to get started…" in this guide.

If it fails on step 7, reinstall the drivers from step 3 in section "Method 1" in the same guide.

if it detects the device, download the latest CWM (Clockworkmod Recovery, choose p3 for the 10.1v version), unpack it (remove the .md5 extension and extract the tar archive to get to the "recovery.img" file (the recovery image).

Then boot the CWM by using "fastboot boot [recovery image]"; it will boot the CWM, which will allow you to do a factory reset (you will lose some configurations and possibly data); also recommended doing a Dalvik cache clean as well (in advanced menu); these procedures should unblock the boot of CM.

ALWAYS do a cache and Dalvik cache clean after flashing new ROMs; sometimes, especially when changing major versions, a factory reset is also required, to avoid garbage that may block the booting of the new ROM.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

noob question.. will it work for GT-P7510 ? Anyone had try it?

P7510 is p4wifi, just install the correct files (after unlocking the bootloader, of course, if you didnt already). If you are completely new to this, find a guide on installing CyanogenMod (CM) first, keeping in mind that the CM code for the p7510 is p4wifi.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.
    Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)