[Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unbrick Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to JB 4.3/4.2.2!

Search This thread

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
:cowboy:
This method will restore your Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250 phone back to 100% complete stock (Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 takju) even if you are on yakju or other builds. It will unroot your phone and get rid of Custom Recovery.
Use this method if you want to get back to complete stock or if you brick your phone or if, for some reasons, the phone can not boot into fastboot mode.

These Odin packages are packed and tested by me using stock images.

!!!DO NOT TRY IT ON OTHER VARIANTS!!!​

Do it at your own risk! if you follow this guide properly u will be on the safe side ;)

samsung-galaxy-nexus-new.jpg

Note: the wipe package will delete all data including sdcard on your phone so BACKUP all important files to your computer.​

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed your Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install kies).
2-You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default.(you can skip it :D)
3-Your Nexus should have 70-80% charge remaining.
4-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.
This guide is only for Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250. So don’t bother to try it on other devices.

Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-genuine-white.jpg

How to do it:​

Step 1) download one of the three packages below and unzip it, you will find 3 main files.

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down followed by Power button until you see "Downloading..." on the screen.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Nexus to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on "PIT" and find/select "I9250_partition-table-0915.pit" from the unzipped file (do this step only if you have a corrupted partition table).

Step 6) Click on "PDA" and find/select the tar.md5 file from the unzipped file.

Step 7) Leave Boxes in "option" (at the left side) marked as they are by default (do not mark re-partition if you did not choose the pit file).

Step 8) Click "Start" and wait for about 10 minutes for the process to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!​
Step 9) Once the process is complete you will be on the 100% complete stock Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 for your Galaxy Nexus GSM. you read a "PASS". your phone will restart.

Step 10) Turn off your phone, boot into recovery, wipe cache partition, reboot. :good:​

Download Links:​

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
- Repeat procedure.
- Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
- Change usb port.
- Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
- Try another Odin version.
- Uninstall and re-install driver.
- Use pit file.
- Try another computer.

Please hit THANKS button and rate the thread ;)

Last edited:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
thanks,but i always preferred fastboot to odin in a nexus device,it's why i never used it on gnex
..i always leaved odin to samsung OEM users!Anyways,thanks for the time mate!;)

fastboot is always preferred and safer, you can use this method if u soft brick ur Nexus and u cant get into fastboot mode (for example keys combination not working so u can use a usb jig to get into download mode or adb command not working ....)

Great guide ,thank you for effort spent and time to make it as easy as it could be
Is this method works fine with the official 4.2

yes it works on all versions. but it flashs JB 4.1.1

Last edited:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250 to Jelly Bea

Thanks! But why would anyone revert back to stock...?

There is so many reasons... Ex. Get back the warranty, something goes wrong with the custom rom, bootloop, sell the phone...;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Mostsh

Mar 10, 2013
Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to Jelly Bean

Thx for the topic

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site

Mohdhamm

Apr 13, 2013
THANK YOU!!

Mod edit: please do not quote the first post.

I already pressed thank you, but I couldn't help my self but to post and thank you again :D

Last edited by a moderator:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :cowboy:
    This method will restore your Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250 phone back to 100% complete stock (Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 takju) even if you are on yakju or other builds. It will unroot your phone and get rid of Custom Recovery.
    Use this method if you want to get back to complete stock or if you brick your phone or if, for some reasons, the phone can not boot into fastboot mode.

These Odin packages are packed and tested by me using stock images.

!!!DO NOT TRY IT ON OTHER VARIANTS!!!​

Do it at your own risk! if you follow this guide properly u will be on the safe side ;)

samsung-galaxy-nexus-new.jpg

Note: the wipe package will delete all data including sdcard on your phone so BACKUP all important files to your computer.​

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed your Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install kies).
    2-You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default.(you can skip it :D)
    3-Your Nexus should have 70-80% charge remaining.
    4-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.
    This guide is only for Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250. So don’t bother to try it on other devices.

Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-genuine-white.jpg

How to do it:​

Step 1) download one of the three packages below and unzip it, you will find 3 main files.

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down followed by Power button until you see "Downloading..." on the screen.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Nexus to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on "PIT" and find/select "I9250_partition-table-0915.pit" from the unzipped file (do this step only if you have a corrupted partition table).

Step 6) Click on "PDA" and find/select the tar.md5 file from the unzipped file.

Step 7) Leave Boxes in "option" (at the left side) marked as they are by default (do not mark re-partition if you did not choose the pit file).

Step 8) Click "Start" and wait for about 10 minutes for the process to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!​
    Step 9) Once the process is complete you will be on the 100% complete stock Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 for your Galaxy Nexus GSM. you read a "PASS". your phone will restart.

Step 10) Turn off your phone, boot into recovery, wipe cache partition, reboot. :good:​

Download Links:​

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
    - Repeat procedure.
    - Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
    - Change usb port.
    - Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
    - Try another Odin version.
    - Uninstall and re-install driver.
    - Use pit file.
    - Try another computer.

Please hit THANKS button and rate the thread ;)
    Thx for the topic

you are welcome
    Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250 to Jelly Bea

Thanks! But why would anyone revert back to stock...?

There is so many reasons... Ex. Get back the warranty, something goes wrong with the custom rom, bootloop, sell the phone...;)

thanks,but i always preferred fastboot to odin in a nexus device,it's why i never used it on gnex
    ..i always leaved odin to samsung OEM users!Anyways,thanks for the time mate!;)

fastboot is always preferred and safer, you can use this method if u soft brick ur Nexus and u cant get into fastboot mode (for example keys combination not working so u can use a usb jig to get into download mode or adb command not working ....)

Great guide ,thank you for effort spent and time to make it as easy as it could be
    Is this method works fine with the official 4.2

yes it works on all versions. but it flashs JB 4.1.1
    Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to Jelly Bean

do i sill can go into fastboot mode after flashing via odin?

Yes :thumbup:

You are doing a very good job on xda! RC is waiting for you with open arms :):thumbup:

Sent from my Shining Nexus using AK DIAMOND ED.

Thx for your support my friend.