Jun 9, 2011
Last edited:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
And mods if needed to be moved please do so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Also if anyone tries this out would to hear some reviews tips. Etc.. And if anyone gets the jynxbox

rustyguy

Nov 26, 2011
Do we get the neon or non neon version (googled around but no luck)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

garayjoh

Dec 18, 2009
JynxBox

Purchased the Jynxbox and was somewhat disappointed at first. The wifi antena is horrible, you want to use a cat 5 connection for this TRUST ME regardless what the box says your connection speed is, it is NOT!

Once you have it setup, immediately root it which you can do from the recovery screen. Careful, once your in the recovery screen, there is no way out of it till you root. So back everything up first.

Install MX Player, MX Player Codec arm6 & arm7

Launch MX PLayer, within settings select decoder: check mark S/W decoder (local, Network) Un-check S/W Audio. Now for CPU Core limit, set it to two as the Jynxbox is dual core. Color depth choose 16bit since we are using S/W decoding.

Now navigate to xbmxhub and locate the xbmc android download. Install this, and run it for the first time.

This should help you get the best 1080 resolution till someone tweaks XBMC to use hardware decoding on android.

Within Android settings, I specified the standard display screen size which for my gym screen its 720. I also set the Audio to RAW. This will help you TONS in regards to voice dropping out during playback.

Hope this helps,

John.

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Purchased the Jynxbox and was somewhat disappointed at first. The wifi antena is horrible, you want to use a cat 5 connection for this TRUST ME regardless what the box says your connection speed is, it is NOT!

Once you have it setup, immediately root it which you can do from the recovery screen. Careful, once your in the recovery screen, there is no way out of it till you root. So back everything up first.

Launch MX PLayer, within settings select decoder: check mark S/W decoder (local, Network) Un-check S/W Audio. Now for CPU Core limit, set it to two as the Jynxbox is dual core. Color depth choose 16bit since we are using S/W decoding.

Now navigate to xbmxhub and locate the xbmc android download. Install this, and run it for the first time.

This should help you get the best 1080 resolution till someone tweaks XBMC to use hardware decoding on android.

Within Android settings, I specified the standard display screen size which for my gym screen its 720. I also set the Audio to RAW. This will help you TONS in regards to voice dropping out during playback.

Hope this helps,

John.

Damn thanks for the info. Did you order direct front the site

BrianTopper

Nov 30, 2012
Jynxbox Android XBMC

I purchased this unit and I absolutely love it. it was very frustrating at first to get it working just right. There is not a lot of information out there quite yet, but it is growing rapidly.

It certainly doesn't work out of the box as everyone states. Now that I finally got it all tweaked it is a great little device. I am looking forward to the future when all the developers jump on it and start tweaking it even more.

The gyro remote is very difficult to get used too, but once you do, it is quite nice. There are times it doesn't respond like it should.

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
I purchased this unit and I absolutely love it. it was very frustrating at first to get it working just right. There is not a lot of information out there quite yet, but it is growing rapidly.

It certainly doesn't work out of the box as everyone states. Now that I finally got it all tweaked it is a great little device. I am looking forward to the future when all the developers jump on it and start tweaking it even more.

The gyro remote is very difficult to get used too, but once you do, it is quite nice. There are times it doesn't respond like it should.

What was some off the not so easy set ups. How's the Web browser

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Do we get the neon or non neon version (googled around but no luck)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

If you install the non-neon version it prompts you to install a plugin for mxplayer for the neon compatible one. I'm using all neon mxplayer and xbmc and all is great

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BrianTopper

Nov 30, 2012

The Web Browser works fine, I also have facebook and twitter set up on it and many other programs and games. They all work great.

The biggest issue I found with getting XMBC to work properly was the "playercorefactory.xml" file. Most websites I went to recommend using the MX Player Free. I was having a lot of problems using just that player. So I downloaded Archos, TPlayer and WonderShare also. I set up my playercorefactory.xml file to use TPlayer as default.

I am using the following firmware:
last_update_Hiolux_20130205

And this is the version of XMBC I am using:
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-03-05-full-neon-a4e1e953d9cbfdc0b4d6b3624cdf289dd2ebf60e

Like I said, out of the box, it was very frustrating and unfortunately their isn't much information as of yet on the internet in regards to this little box. But I have noticed just in the past couple of weeks their is more and more people jumping on it. Once you get it running it is a great media player.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Links Added,

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/967fut46ambfscz8j98i

xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-03-05-full-neon-a4e1e953d9cbfdc0b4d6b3624cdf289dd2ebf60e

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-andro...d9cbfdc0b4d6b3624cdf289dd2ebf60e.apk&can=2&q=

Reactions: CYRAXDroid

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Awesome that you have shared you issues and fixes. Still waiting to move so I can get it. And I saw the raspberry pi that looks cool also

juggalodrew

Jan 4, 2013
Welland
help jynxbox hd

ok so i setup the jynxbx hd but its not as great as it should be i cant get my exturnal hd to show any were on it or get my windows network to show up or get in to my pcs i went to the play store it ask me to sign in so i did and i play a game called taped out the simpsons on both my jynxbox and gnex on my gnex its great on my jynxbox i keep getting some other persons game i cant start a new game i factory reset
5 times uninstalled the app reinstalled same bs any thoughts on this ****

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JynxBox

Hope this helps,

John.
    Review will be posted on blog in a near future :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    I have a couple videos of the jynxbox i will be getting some 4gb versions with better wifi connection soon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUorf3T4t3E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Web Browser works fine, I also have facebook and twitter set up on it and many other programs and games. They all work great.

The biggest issue I found with getting XMBC to work properly was the "playercorefactory.xml" file. Most websites I went to recommend using the MX Player Free. I was having a lot of problems using just that player. So I downloaded Archos, TPlayer and WonderShare also. I set up my playercorefactory.xml file to use TPlayer as default.

Like I said, out of the box, it was very frustrating and unfortunately their isn't much information as of yet on the internet in regards to this little box. But I have noticed just in the past couple of weeks their is more and more people jumping on it. Once you get it running it is a great media player.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Links Added,

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/967fut46ambfscz8j98i

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-andro...d9cbfdc0b4d6b3624cdf289dd2ebf60e.apk&can=2&q=
    Adafruit.com. and the support and info is at raspberrypi.org

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2