How to connect Android Mobile Phone to PC for internet

Search This thread

hard91

Nov 18, 2012
PATIALA

For Connect Android phone to PC OR Laptop, Perform 2 steps to follow.
1. Mobile Settings
2. Desktop computer OR laptop Settings

1. Mobile Settings

Before Start Configuration, Note that "Data" Option should be Enable in Android Phone. To Enable "Data", Go to settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks –> Data Enable, Check this box (Check Data Roaming in case of Roaming).
For Dual Sim Mobile Phones Select Sim1 OR Sim2 for Data Connection.

There are 2 Methods for connect Android Phones to PC OR Laptop for internet.

1.1 USB tethering
1.2 Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot

1.1 USB tethering
Plug in USB Cable from Your Desktop Computer/Laptop to Android Phone.
In Android phone go to settings -> Wireless & Networks ->Tethering & portable hotspot and tap it.
Now Check "USB Tethering".

Now You will be able to use the data connection from the phone on your PC/Laptop.

Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot in Android Phone. For That go to settings -> Wireless & Networks ->Tethering & portable hotspot -> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings -> Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
Network SSID – priceandspecification
Security – WPA2 PSK
Password – 87654321 or you can set any 8 digit number.
Save it.

In Android phone go to settings -> Wireless & Networks ->Tethering & portable hotspot and tap it.
Check "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot"

Now You will be able to use the data connection from the phone on your (Wi-Fi enabled Devices) PC/Laptop.

2. Desktop computer OR laptop Settings.
2.1 how to connect Android Phone to PC for internet – Windows XP
2.2 how to connect Android Phone to PC for internet – Windows 7

Follow the steps 1.1 For connect Android Phone to PC for internet Via USB.
Follow the steps 1.2 For connect Android Phone to PC for internet Via Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Click Here to Download Android Mobile Modem Driver / USB Tethering Drivers / RNDIS driver download for Windows XP.
It will Give you an error message “You can also try to download the original document by clicking here”. OR “The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway” You have to Click that link to download Zip File.

Password for connect_android.zip File : priceandspecification.in

connect_android.zip contains 4 Files.

File 1. Install Hot Fix Windows Xp(WindowsXP-KB959765-x86-ENU).
File 2. In case of Path not found for R NDIS in Windows Xp, Browse this folder for Modem driver installation.
File 3. Tethering file for windows Xp. Right Click on it and click on Install.
File 4. Select O.S. 32 bit or 64 bit, Browse path and install drivers

Follow the steps 1.2 For connect Android Phone to PC for internet Via Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.

In Windows 7 R NDIS driver are automatically installed on connect android mobile to PC via USB, In case of Driver not Installed Properly, Download connect_android.zip. And Use File 4.

P

parthbhatia98

:thumbup:

$eNt FrØm JeLLy BlA$T 3.4
WaItIn FoR NemESiS...!!

robrob

Feb 1, 2007
I was having problems getting USB tethering working with Win 7.

I downloaded the connect_android.zip and input the password to extract all the files (as shown in first post).

When I plugged the phone into the Win 7 USB port then turned on tethering on the phone Win 7 showed it as a broken USB storage device. You need to right-click on the "USB storage device" and select "update driver' then select "browse" to locate the driver.

You must select the "connect_android" folder, not any of the sub folders for the ndis driver to install. After this tethering worked fine.

haizanlhkt

Nov 15, 2010
Just download easy tether at playstore. Very easy to use.

Sent from my ST26i using xda premium

tohaitrieu

Jan 23, 2013
I think

Password for Portable Wi-Fi hotspot can 8 char longer.
Windows 7 is auto installing and connect USB tethering.
I use Windows 7 ultimate and Windows 8. They auto install USB driver and connect when i turn on USB tethering.

bobplane777

Mar 27, 2013
** NO MORE USB Tethering with new motorola update without HOTSPOT subscription **

Be Aware that if you are currently enjoying tethering on your Droid 4 to a USB device (laptop, etc.,) you will no longer be able to do so if you install the new Droid update from Motorola if you are on Verizon and do not already subscribe to HOTSPOT. This update DISABLES that feature UNLESS you are a Mobile Hotspot subscriber... Additional $$$$ per month of course if you want it enable on your Motorola device back to the once enabled featured (one I have been using for over a year).. In the past you could check the entitlement for USB tethering and it worked... now you get the error message... "User has no Subscription" ie., no Hotspot subscription (they have tied the 2 together)

I am not sure if there are 3rd party work around or a way to get back to the working environment I once enjoyed but I was recommended to ask here because there are some savvy folks who know how these things work.. It is really frustrating to have an update REDUCE services w/o any notice and then want to charge me extra for the same service... one Rep actually told me I had been getting it for free and thats why they changed it... I asked her if it was free what was the $200 a month bill I had been paying was about... she had no answer.

Any suggestions, recommendations, fixes, etc., out there?

Thanks much for your time!
/Bob

Last edited:

sher_dil

Jan 22, 2014
siionth the

1. Mobile Settings

1. Mobile Settings

Before Start Configuration, Note that "Data" Option should be Enable in Android Phone. To Enable "Data", Go to settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks –> Data Enable, Check this box (Check Data Roaming in case of Roaming).

1.1 USB tethering

1.1 USB tethering

Now You will be able to use the data connection from the phone on your PC/Laptop.

Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot in Android Phone. For That go to settings -> Wireless & Networks ->Tethering & portable hotspot -> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings -> Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
Security – WPA2 PSK
Save it.

Now You will be able to use the data connection from the phone on your (Wi-Fi enabled Devices) PC/Laptop.

Click Here to Download Android Mobile Modem Driver / USB Tethering Drivers / RNDIS driver download for Windows XP.
It will Give you an error message “You can also try to download the original document by clicking here”. OR “The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway” You have to Click that link to download Zip File.

File 2. In case of Path not found for R NDIS in Windows Xp, Browse this folder for Modem driver installation.

In Windows 7 R NDIS driver are automatically installed on connect android mobile to PC via USB, In case of Driver not Installed Properly, Download connect_android.zip. And Use File 4.

I want to do the opposite. I want to access PC internet on my Android tablet. How to do it?

Akbar badusha

May 12, 2014
Tethering

hai...i have downloaded rndis for android...its a zipped file...after installing that it is asking password to open...please tell me the password...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Mobile Settings

1. Mobile Settings

1.1 USB tethering

1.1 USB tethering

Security – WPA2 PSK
    Save it.

How about using internet the other way, like using the pc high speed internet through the phone (via the usb, not wifi)

Now using:
    Sony Xperia tipo ST21i
    stock 4.0.4
    11.0.A.4.22
    (rooted, locked bootloader)

Off course u can do it
    Just download anti tethering from playstore needs root.....:laugh::victory:
    I couldn't find it on playstore

Sent from my Xperia Miro using xda app-developers app

Sorry my mistake
    see here:laugh:
    How about using internet the other way, like using the pc high speed internet through the phone (via the usb, not wifi)

Now using:
    Sony Xperia tipo ST21i
    stock 4.0.4
    11.0.A.4.22
    (rooted, locked bootloader)