More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyreturn

fdroid has it.

Yes, I stated that in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamepro602

I knew a thread like this was going to happen

I have the last latest version from the play store and I did think that it wouldn't get updated any more

Laughing at you while eating jellybeans

Good thing is its open source and the developer will still update it. So as long as that happens I'll compile from source and side load it, no big deal there.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrRobinson Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 03:36 AM |#32  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 13,779

More
Big thanks.

I personally can't stand ads in apps. I'd rather buy a Pro/Ad-free version of an app than be bombarded with ads.
16th March 2013, 06:41 AM |#33  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Re: [APP] [UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v2.3
For me worst part abt ads that they kill data and battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ksavai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ksavai Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 06:49 AM |#34  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai

For me worst part abt ads that they kill data and battery.

and add that it slows down the phone as well

0_o

Laughing at you while eating jellybeans
16th March 2013, 04:16 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks
16th March 2013, 04:42 PM |#36  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.
I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time due to its functionality and being open source.

Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid but I didn't want to install that just for this. The last version in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compiled from source so this is version 2.3 (latest in source). You can look at the source or the app itself for the changelog.

File any bugs here. This is not a bug thread for the app.

Download: AdAway v2.3
(compiled from source on Mar-14-2013, signed and zipaligned)

Good call on continuing the app. I posted about the news when it came out (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189419), but I'm glad people like you know how to compile quickly. I was going to do it, but you beat me to it. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
17th March 2013, 12:20 AM |#37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 12,956

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.
I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time due to its functionality and being open source.

Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid but I didn't want to install that just for this. The last version in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compiled from source so this is version 2.3 (latest in source). You can look at the source or the app itself for the changelog.

File any bugs here. This is not a bug thread for the app.

Download: AdAway v2.3
(compiled from source on Mar-14-2013, signed and zipaligned)

Thanks for this. I read about Google's actions and I had already downloaded the new version. But thanks for telling the XDA community. This is THE BEST ad blocking app.
17th March 2013, 02:47 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
This may sound like a stupid question. But how do I install it? I just downloaded Adaway-release.apk from the OP directly to my downloads folder on my rooted Note 2. When I clicked on the file, I see "Cancel" and "Install". If I click on the "Install" button, nothing happens.

I already enabled the "Unknown sources" option on Jellybean 4.1.1 stock rooted ROM. My phone passed all the RootValidator tests:
17th March 2013, 02:49 AM |#39  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet

This may sound like a stupid question. But how do I install it? I just downloaded Adaway-release.apk from the OP directly to my downloads folder on my rooted Note 2. When I clicked on the file, I see "Cancel" and "Install". If I click on the "Install" button, nothing happens.

I already enabled the "Unknown sources" option on Jellybean 4.1.1 stock rooted ROM. My phone passed all the RootValidator tests:

After you clicked install, and you say it did nothing, did you get the "installed" message after? It should just install like any other app. You should see it in your app drawer as a stop sign with a dove on it instead of the letters S T O P.
17th March 2013, 02:55 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
It literally did nothing when I clicked on the Install button. It acted as if that button was disabled. Although the button looked like I could be able to click it. It was never installed.. so, its not in my app drawer or in the list of "All apps" in the app manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

After you clicked install, and you say it did nothing, did you get the "installed" message after? It should just install like any other app. You should see it in your app drawer as a stop sign with a dove on it instead of the letters S T O P.

17th March 2013, 02:58 AM |#41  
Flag xda
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet

It literally did nothing when I clicked on the Install button. It acted as if that button was disabled. Although the button looked like I could be able to click it. It was never installed.. so, its not in my app drawer or in the list of "All apps" in the app manager.

Use "ES file Explorer" from Google play store to install this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)