By ndda, Junior Member on 16th March 2009, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2009, 10:03 AM |#21  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

Same here. I've actually lost some space, after copying the compressed .exe files to Windows dir using Total Commander. The file sizes of new files are correct and smaller than before...

It seems like it keeps backup copies of the replaced files somewhere?

Same here. I have even tried to rename the old file with .bak and then delete it in Total Commander, but this has no effect. I ended up arranging the files by date modified in Total Commander and deleting the ones I had just put there in order to have the same storage as before.

I am interested in speeding up the system as a whole and reducing the ROM size and so would like to use this system. Without it working with Total Commander, I don't know how else to do it...

Please help

9th June 2009, 02:48 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Working:

Explorer.exe (Resco File Explorer v7.05)
GoogleMaps.exe (v3.0.1.6)
FingerMenu.exe (v1.11)
FingerMsgBox.exe (v1.11)
Nitrogen.exe (v1.0)
S2V.exe (v0.42)
WisBarAdv3.exe (WisBar Advance v3.4.3.1)
10th June 2009, 10:10 PM |#23  
Cleveland, OH

More
Excellent find!

WORKING:

iagenda.exe
icontact.exe
groupsms.exe
livesearch.exe

NOT WORKING:

poweroffwarning.exe
PSShutXP.exe <--throws up an error about not made for VGA.
PSShutxp_nosc.exe
11th June 2009, 06:07 PM |#24  

More
Working:
ThumbCal.exe (Yes!)
ArielBattery2.1.exe
EasyExpenses.exe
Flash.exe
AudioRec.exe (Resco Audio Recorder)
SpbBackup.exe
SpbWirelessMonitor.exe

Not Working:
SKTools.exe (only spashscreen pops up)
12th June 2009, 02:25 PM |#25  
Flag Altoona, Pa
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the post. I started compressing some of my exe's to be included in ROM. Saved me about 12MB of storage. Still have some I want to compress, but unfortunately the majority of the exe's in kitchen are modules and not actual files. ROM seems to be even faster now
13th June 2009, 04:33 PM |#26  
Flag Thousand Oaks, CA
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsi

Same here. I have even tried to rename the old file with .bak and then delete it in Total Commander, but this has no effect. I ended up arranging the files by date modified in Total Commander and deleting the ones I had just put there in order to have the same storage as before.

I am interested in speeding up the system as a whole and reducing the ROM size and so would like to use this system. Without it working with Total Commander, I don't know how else to do it...

Please help

If I'm not mistaken, when you try to overwrite a file in the ROM (i.e. included as part of the ROM already), the new file gets saved to storage since the old file is not deletable in the ROM. That's why you end up using more space.

If it's a program that you installed after flashing, then it will replace the old executable.
21st June 2009, 06:25 PM |#27  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
People this tool is only handy if your cooking a Rom.

It is impossible to overwrite files already present in ROM (Read Only Memory) or it wouldn't be called Read Only Memory.

When you overwrite original files already present in ROM, they do not disappear and the new file will add it's size to the used Storage Space.

The original file is never gone.

Expect more trouble then fun if your compressing files to manually copy over to a flashed Rom.
27th September 2009, 11:05 AM |#28  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Hes got a point
Noonski said
Quote:

People this tool is only handy if your cooking a Rom.

which makes sense the "overwriting" of the rom files doesnt work unless your cooking but some of the compression is amazing
Resco audio recorder has about 50 percent reduction. This is definately useful for chefs. Too bad i cant cook i wonder if martha stewart has any tips.
16th March 2013, 12:52 PM |#29  
Flag Pugnello, Italy
Thanks Meter: 683

Donate to Me
More
R: [FIRMWARE][ROM 4.1.2]XWLSD Stock JellyBean 4.1.2 Italia No Brand
Sorry for the big reup, tapatalk problem...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)