Originally Posted by iphoneresister
FWIW (and none of this is preventing my enjoyment of changeScreen) I've bumped into some odd behaviors:
- I accidentally created a duplicate "Exception" (i.e., two exceptions for the same app), and changeScreen could not "Save" or start - the app threw an error (I could replicate and transcribe the app exception if you like) and crashed. Exceptions in exceptions not handled? I *was* able to restart the config utility, and finally noticed the dupe which I manually deleted, thus permitting a successful save/enable.
- Exporting configuration doesn't seem to work right: on the export screen, I get an empty pulldown for "Type" (no selection available) so the only way I can force the app to export the config is to click on some existing file (of virtually any type), which then causes the app to immediately export the config with that existing file's name. Additionally, if I click "Cancel" on the export screen, I get a message that 'File exported to "!' (null file name?) though I don't see that any actual file has been exported or saved.
- Importing a saved config file doesn't seem to overwrite the existing config - it just adds to the existing configs, which then creates the condition described in #1 - I have to manually delete all duplicates from exceptions list in order to save/enable changeScreen.
- HTC TouchPro (OEM) with HTC ROM 5.05.401.1 WWE (WM 6.1)
- CF 3.5 is installed (as I formerly used Gyrator2)
Also, I sent some money to feed your son so I hope he's doing well...
I really appreciate the donation man. If it wasn't for you guys I would have stopped trying to keep up with these threads a long time ago!
As for the errors they all sound like they are just my stupid mistakes. The duplicate exception was reported by others as well so I'll definately put out a fix for that soon. As for the import and export I must have just overlooked them when putting together the new version. I'll put out a new version with the fix for all those errors soon.
Thanks for the detailed description AND for the donation!