Pictures clear, audio crisp , camera great

Search This thread

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012
I must say that hoxl life has been great , nothing more to ask from such a great device. As things progress; change is inevitably coming with days to come. Just a simple message to our great community ..thanks for everything and hard work. Post your experiences and memories of this great adventure..... My bigest joy was day s off became possible....

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: elfysrfr

Desertman123

Jan 22, 2013
What ROM are you on?

My best experience with it has to be the fact I went from a broken iPhone 3GS to this, then I rooted it and flashed CM10 and I experienced a phone like I wanted too. Not held down by the shackles of Apple anymore.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012
I have used about every Rom avail on xda and another site. By far for me viperxl 3.2.by turge and kernel elementalx by flar2 is best sense based Rom and I am torn between nonsense roms. Jellybam was cool to play around. Great thing about roms is there is no 1 best Rom for every1, with so many its a personal choice. I know quite a few who think best Rom is a new one so it can be played with . Rom flashing addiction is growing at unstoppable pace....watchout ....

Last edited:

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
I have used about every Rom avail on xda and another site. By far for me viperxl 3.2.by turge and kernel elementalx by flar2 is best sense based Rom and I am torn between nonsense roms. Jellybam was cool to play around. Great thing about roms is there is no 1 best Rom for every1, with so many its a personal choice. I know quite a few who think best Rom is a new one so it can be played with . Rom flashing addiction is growing at unstoppable pace....watchout ....

+1 I love the choices in Sense ROMs. Tweaks? Viper. AOSPish? RebelROM. Simple, smooth? CleanRom. Audio? HatkaXL. The list goes on and on. Love this phone's dev community!

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
I was going to get the sgs3 coming from the original sgs, but the One X was $50 so I took the offer. If I was forced to go back to a S-AMOLED screen, I'll definitely cry. And I'll cry even more if GPS won't lock. This is an excellent phone :thumbup:

jhonsok

Jul 15, 2010
I've been really happy with mine as well. To be honest this is the longest I have ever owned a modern smartphone. My previous phones would last 6-8 months before I got bored.

As much as I want the One... I honestly wouldn't mind skipping a generation and hanging onto this until it dies.

With s off and development getting even better the one xl is pretty fun.

With my setup the battery life is very much improved! JB Sense roms rock.

I am thinking of changing the housing to the one x+ housing since mine is getting beat up. It's going to feel like a brand new phone :)

Sent from beautiful Evita- Viperxl 3.2.6 | ElementalX 5.4

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
1600 hrs

Lol not quite sure what your inferring here

Sent from my One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I've been extremely happy with build quality. My last phone was a Samsung captivate & infuse and it didn't hold up very well at all. I miss the no locked bootloader nonsense that Samsung has.

Build quality has been great, screen and camera are awesome.
I've dropped the phone at least 20-30 times with a tpu case and have had no damage.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
"I miss the no locked bootloader nonsense that Samsung has."

Yeah me too. I remember flashing the gingerbread I9000 bootloaders just so I can go to download mode and recovery easier on the captivate lol

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
"I miss the no locked bootloader nonsense that Samsung has."

Yeah me too. I remember flashing the gingerbread I9000 bootloaders just so I can go to download mode and recovery easier on the captivate lol

funny you mention that, my wife has the captivate...and flashing is much fun on that..i mean i like my HOX and all..but hboot can be a pain...but odin is just so simple, yet so advanced

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
funny you mention that, my wife has the captivate...and flashing is much fun on that..i mean i like my HOX and all..but hboot can be a pain...but odin is just so simple, yet so advanced

Yeah the all mighty Odin. Thanks to that program and kernels with injected cwm, flashing Roms was a blast. I probably will NEVER see an UNBRICKABLE MOD in future Samsung devices. IMO its the best phone in terms of hacking.

GPS was horrible on that phone, though. I couldn't get a lock that would stick for 6 seconds lol, whereas my One X didn't break a sweat. And I'm glad I took a chance with HTC. I was getting tired of the blue-ish white on s-amoled screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
gps was horrid on my captive!!!
lol no matter what i did.

also a huge odin fan!!
tons of one clicks, and non one clicks are fun

Although I wore out more then one back door from battery pulls on my captivate LOL

Last edited:

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
Lol yeah. My wife gps sucked too...it got so bad i had to use my iPhone 3gs at times lol

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Melamunna

Nov 29, 2012
For a while I kept coming on to xda and checked out the cm10 thread but was so concerned about bricking and didn't have money to buy an unsubsidized phone, but when I finally decided to root, I got the vanilla-ish experience I really wanted and it has only gotten better with cm10.1 and roms like the one I'm on now, xylon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

+1 I love the choices in Sense ROMs. Tweaks? Viper. AOSPish? RebelROM. Simple, smooth? CleanRom. Audio? HatkaXL. The list goes on and on. Love this phone's dev community!
    I must say that hoxl life has been great , nothing more to ask from such a great device. As things progress; change is inevitably coming with days to come. Just a simple message to our great community ..thanks for everything and hard work. Post your experiences and memories of this great adventure..... My bigest joy was day s off became possible....