[APP][2.2+][WIDGET] UCCW - custom widget for all

Search This thread

LOBBS

Jul 16, 2012
Independence, Missouri
I fixed my other issue with it showing up now what's the trick to get the weather icon to show up? It is pulling the N/A icon from Reall weather which is the one that I'm using with my skin but won't give me the actual one for the conditions we are experiencing. I can go back to my .uccw file of the same clock and the current condition is correct but the .apk version is not.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

flattervieh

Feb 18, 2013
First of all, this app is REALLY great.

Then i have a question. I'm building a skin that should show me the next calender event and that works fine.
But is there an option that it will show me no whole day events?

Greetings

flamand

Dec 28, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm a UCCW noob, but do know my way around the phone. I can't get the hotspot to launch a direct dial shortcut. If I add the direct dial short to the launcher it works, but not if's assigned to a UCCW hot spot. Any ideas?

hatdrc

Feb 17, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 4 XL
Problem with weather update

Everyone that is having a problem with their weather updating try going into manage apps and under running apps select show cached processes. Look for the UCCW app and click it, then click stop. Go back into UCCW and reset your settings for weather. See if that fixes your problem. Also what version of Android are you running? I'm on CM10.1 nightly 4.2.2

dodgebizkit

I was wondering whether it would be possible in the future ti add these features:

You input the resolution of your screen and size and then the widget can automatically set itself to cover half ir all of your home screen

Imissedit notifications - have notifications for any app like Facebook and whatsapp in the widget

Live feeds such as the Facebook, twitter abd Google plus feeds all in one feed in the widget

Now playing drawing the data from stock player, player pro, whatever other music posters people use

All of those options in uccw would make it the most powerful app in the market. Could you let me know which are possible and which may get considered? Cheers :)

Sent to you watchers of illusion from my castle of confusion.

hatdrc

Feb 17, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 4 XL
Anyone knows if Tasker can "grab" any UCCW value? (or UCCW pass the value to a tasker variable), I mean if tasker can get i.e. current condition or current temp obtained via UCCW...
Thx

I don't think it works that way. I think it is only tasker giving UCCW information. I know on taskers site there was a how to on getting weather information from the web that you could then pass to UCCW. The only problem is UCCW will see it only as a tasker veritable and will not know to apply the current condition icon for it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Muaddib69

memnoc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
so i was having the annoying stupid issue with weather condition icon do not shows at all, not in display nor in uccw settings..tried everything i read through xda, but the solution for me was so simple..just uninstalled the uccw, rebooted the phone, reinstalled replaced the skin, that's it for me...

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
Hello...awesome widget! I have absolutely stopped using any other widgets for clock/weather at this point, because this one is so customizeable.

I did have two feature requests, however:

1. Is it possible to allow image_fonts to be used to display other numerical values, like temperature, wind speed, and humidity? I'm making a skin based on the new MIUI v5 weather widget, and they use a custom image_font for time and temperature. Time I've got, temp I can't figure out how to use image fonts...

2. Would it be possible to add an option to display wind speed in US measurements (MPH) instead of KPH?

I really appreciate this great app. Thank you very much for all your hard work.

Muaddib69

Jul 4, 2010
La tierra de las flores
I don't think it works that way. I think it is only tasker giving UCCW information. I know on taskers site there was a how to on getting weather information from the web that you could then pass to UCCW. The only problem is UCCW will see it only as a tasker veritable and will not know to apply the current condition icon for it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, think the same. Info goes only from tasker to uccw, not in the other way, pity, cause if UCCW is getting weather info from your coords (openweathermap.org), why should I (device) grab that info again using a tasker profile?. Like I said, pity-pity-pity.

nickacs1

Dec 10, 2012
Is Vin, the dev, even on here anymore? Seems there's sooo many questions, yet 5% answers, luckily from other board members.
I had a question from like a week or so ago and nothin'... Hmmm

Reactions: Slymobi

TippMan

Mar 19, 2012
poreč
AM/PM

So i have a small problem with the AM/PM.
When i choose uppercase format the PM letters are good but after it switches to AM the letters changes to text mode.

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
UCCW 2.8.0 beta

Please give your observations and bug reports:

Version 2.8.0
1. Skins can have higher resolution
2. Shadows for shapes
3. Improvements to weather
4. Other small changes

I have been busy with my day job lately - that's why the delay.

I think its time now that I do android programming professionally. So I would like to join a team in New Delhi area to work on android projects - preferably full time. So far I have done programming as a hobby only.
Is anybody interested?

Attachments

• UCCW_2.8.0.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:

hyewiz

Sep 13, 2011
Montreal

Version 2.8.0
2. Shadows for shapes
4. Other small changes

I think its time now that I do android programming professionally. So I would like to join a team in New Delhi area to work on android projects - preferably full time. So far I have done programming as a hobby only.
Is anybody interested?

Installing it as I write, will let you guys know later

Thanks

max-555

Dec 28, 2010
Luxembourg

Version 2.8.0
2. Shadows for shapes
4. Other small changes

Is anybody interested?

Absolutely awesome.
Just tested shape shadow. I think below screen indicate all better as I will say.
Man you are genius
Many thanks for continue the developing.

image.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][WIDGET] UCCW - Make your own widgets

UCCW - Ultimate custom clock widget.

https://market.android.com/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.customwidget

Make your own widgets, just the way you like.

Install countless skins from Google play or use 'uzips' (fully editable UCCW skin files) made by your friends.

UCCW is a WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor for widgets. You can tweak the layout of objects, fonts, images, shapes, Analog clocks, battery meters, weather and more.

Features
    Widget objects - text, shapes, images, weather, graphic (progress), analog clock etc.
    Text objects - calendar, weather, battery info, Gmail, location, next calendar event, tasker variables
    Graphical objects - barcode, bar, pie
    Special objects - Week bar, Series clock
    Text mapping to override text values

Hotspots
    Set actions that fire when a user clicks on the widgets. Customize their location and size.

Sharing skins
    Want to share your awesome skins with the world? Share uzip files or create apks right from within app to upload on Google play.

Note
    UCCW needs to run in the background to update home screen widgets. Android Oreo and above need a persistent notification for background processing.

App Permissions
    Storage - for saving skins
    Your location - to show the user location and fetching weather data
    Network communication - for weather and ads
    Your social information - for direct dial hotspot
    Your personal information - to show the next calendar event
    Your accounts - for Gmail unread mails count

UCCW Skins thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1880050
    UCCW 2.8.0 beta

Version 2.8.0
    2. Shadows for shapes
    4. Other small changes

Is anybody interested?
    UCCW 2.5.5 high res

High resolution version with latest features
    UCCW 2.9.9 alpha version

UCCW 2.9.9 alpha version

Changelog:

1. User interface changed.

2. Buzz launcher integration. Skins can be uploaded to and downloaded from Buzz launcher sharing service. Skins should not contain large images as Buzz launcher limits the size of widgets uploaded to their service. The limit is 1.5 Mega bytes for one widget and 5 Mega bytes for the whole theme.

3. Other small changes.
    UCCW 2.8.1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BziMUp8DQ_2tVzQwNkZqQlFmUjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Every hour/minute with "1" in front, second number is chopped. When it is eg. "21" it looks good. Any guess? It's image font.

EDIT: It looks like uccw set width for second number by copying it from first :/ images are not with the same sizes. "1" is 32x100, and "0" is 64x101. As you can see on screenshot, "0" is chopped right in the middle.

UCCW version 2.8.1
    Image fonts improvements - image with full names like 01.png also supported