FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2009, 05:28 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Yeap - its on the Advanced tab.

Thanks I'll try it out. Cheers
8th June 2009, 10:55 PM |#522  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus72

Thank you 600GOL.
Yes it happens when you start a full screen application in portrait mode and then you rotate the phone in landscape.
If you start the full screen application in landscape mode it doesn't happen.
Sorry for my English.

I have solved the problem by overwriting the dll LargeTitleBar with the one atteched.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LargeTitleBar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (157.4 KB, 1586 views)
8th June 2009, 11:19 PM |#523  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco644

how do you install the change screen software? I tried just putting the files in my docs then running setup but does not work. Sorry for the newbie question

That should have worked. Only other thing I can suggest is downloading it directly from your phone.
8th June 2009, 11:19 PM |#524  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:

I have solved the problem by overwriting the dll LargeTitleBar with the one atteched.

Nice! How long have you been testing it out for?
9th June 2009, 12:19 AM |#525  
Flag Hampshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I have just tried this and (after a soft reset) it seems to work for me on my HTC Touch HD - TomTom no longer has the Title Bar superimposed on it. Many thanks!

Are you able to tell us where this DLL came from, or anything else about it?
9th June 2009, 08:39 AM |#526  
Flag Bologna

More
Quote:

One day. Two other user solved too with this dll.
9th June 2009, 08:44 AM |#527  
Flag Bologna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip

I have just tried this and (after a soft reset) it seems to work for me on my HTC Touch HD - TomTom no longer has the Title Bar superimposed on it. Many thanks!

Are you able to tell us where this DLL came from, or anything else about it?

I have the taskbar 6 elite v.3, so the dll came from tsowentaskbar6v3 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514
9th June 2009, 08:17 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 600

More
Quote:

Hi,
I confirm with this DLL the problem solved, in my ROM...
Good Application...

P.S: Thanks Claus72 for FIX...
10th June 2009, 03:35 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
i love this app!
thanks a lot mate
11th June 2009, 07:55 AM |#530  
Flag Bruxelles
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Possible Bugs in 2.77
FWIW (and none of this is preventing my enjoyment of changeScreen) I've bumped into some odd behaviors:
  1. I accidentally created a duplicate "Exception" (i.e., two exceptions for the same app), and changeScreen could not "Save" or start - the app threw an error (I could replicate and transcribe the app exception if you like) and crashed. Exceptions in exceptions not handled? I *was* able to restart the config utility, and finally noticed the dupe which I manually deleted, thus permitting a successful save/enable.
  2. Exporting configuration doesn't seem to work right: on the export screen, I get an empty pulldown for "Type" (no selection available) so the only way I can force the app to export the config is to click on some existing file (of virtually any type), which then causes the app to immediately export the config with that existing file's name. Additionally, if I click "Cancel" on the export screen, I get a message that 'File exported to "!' (null file name?) though I don't see that any actual file has been exported or saved.
  3. Importing a saved config file doesn't seem to overwrite the existing config - it just adds to the existing configs, which then creates the condition described in #1 - I have to manually delete all duplicates from exceptions list in order to save/enable changeScreen.

My config:
  • HTC TouchPro (OEM) with HTC ROM 5.05.401.1 WWE (WM 6.1)
  • CF 3.5 is installed (as I formerly used Gyrator2)

Also, I sent some money to feed your son so I hope he's doing well...
11th June 2009, 03:32 PM |#531  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneresister

FWIW (and none of this is preventing my enjoyment of changeScreen) I've bumped into some odd behaviors:

1. I accidentally created a duplicate "Exception" (i.e., two exceptions for the same app), and changeScreen could not "Save" or start - the app threw an error (I could replicate and transcribe the app exception if you like) and crashed. Exceptions in exceptions not handled? I *was* able to restart the config utility, and finally noticed the dupe which I manually deleted, thus permitting a successful save/enable.
  2. Exporting configuration doesn't seem to work right: on the export screen, I get an empty pulldown for "Type" (no selection available) so the only way I can force the app to export the config is to click on some existing file (of virtually any type), which then causes the app to immediately export the config with that existing file's name. Additionally, if I click "Cancel" on the export screen, I get a message that 'File exported to "!' (null file name?) though I don't see that any actual file has been exported or saved.
  3. Importing a saved config file doesn't seem to overwrite the existing config - it just adds to the existing configs, which then creates the condition described in #1 - I have to manually delete all duplicates from exceptions list in order to save/enable changeScreen.

My config:
  • HTC TouchPro (OEM) with HTC ROM 5.05.401.1 WWE (WM 6.1)
  • CF 3.5 is installed (as I formerly used Gyrator2)

Also, I sent some money to feed your son so I hope he's doing well...

I really appreciate the donation man. If it wasn't for you guys I would have stopped trying to keep up with these threads a long time ago!

As for the errors they all sound like they are just my stupid mistakes. The duplicate exception was reported by others as well so I'll definately put out a fix for that soon. As for the import and export I must have just overlooked them when putting together the new version. I'll put out a new version with the fix for all those errors soon.

Thanks for the detailed description AND for the donation!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)