3 'New' cool apps

Search This thread

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform you about two apps I found recently that appear to boost performance and battery life a bit.

The one that boosts performance is a better and more efficient version of Seeder. It's called SeFix and (as opposed to Seeder) really does seem to work!

The second (the battery booster) is actually way more versatile:
It's called Greenify and it lets you disable apps to run in the background.
Eg. I set it to decline the Google Maps request to run in the background all the time; because as we all know, Maps often sucks somewhere near 7% of the battery.
(However, it needed me to root uninstall it and then install it from the play store, so it wasn't a system app anymore)

Anyway: I hope this helped and that it makes your device nicer to use (like it did for me)

Last but not least: as you are probably aware: Orange Backup is a backup app that lets you do complete (CWM or TWRP style backups) without having to go into the recovery!

Really awesome.

Last edited:

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
I guess you could use it for Facebook too, to keep it from running in the background all the time.
Or... You could also *not* use Facebook and switch to cooler social media, such as Google+ :)

new_convert

Mar 20, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform you about two apps I found recently that appear to boost performance and battery life a bit.

The one that boosts performance is a better and more efficient version of Seeder. It's called SeFix and (as opposed to Seeder) really does seem to work!

Eg. I set it to decline the Google Maps request to run in the background all the time; because as we all know, Maps often sucks somewhere near 7% of the battery.
(However, it needed me to root uninstall it and then install it from the play store, so it wasn't a system app anymore)

Anyway: I hope this helped and that it makes your device nicer to use (like it did for me)

Last but not least: as you are probably aware: Orange Backup is a backup app that lets you do complete (CWM or TWRP style backups) without having to go into the recovery!

Really awesome.

Greenify looks the app I have been looking for. Maps constantly runs in the background (not on my tf700 but on HTC One S). I am trying this app to see if it works. Thanks for sharing!

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Greenify looks the app I have been looking for. Maps constantly runs in the background (not on my tf700 but on HTC One S). I am trying this app to see if it works. Thanks for sharing!

You might have to root uninstall it and then reinstall it from the Play Store (to get rid of the 'system app' issue).

It worked for me :)

Definitely some better battery life after stopping those battery hungry apps :)

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I guess you could use it for Facebook too, to keep it from running in the background all the time.
Or... You could also *not* use Facebook and switch to cooler social media, such as Google+ :)

I'm trying to use Orange backup with twrp but received error "expr: applet not found" , do you have any idea???

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
I'm trying to use Orange backup with twrp but received error "expr: applet not found" , do you have any idea???

Never happened to me.
Are you using data2sd?
Maybe it's confused because of the switch?

I can only say that it works like a treat for me and that it makes these backups quite fast considering that it doesn't need to boot into recovery.

Have you tried contacting the developer? He's called snoopy333 and is to be found in the original thread. Maybe he can tell you what's going on?

Reactions: buhohitr

MarkAndroid

Feb 17, 2011
Thank you for sharing the existence of greenify.
EXCELLENT

How do I block the playstore?

Titanium Backup does not turn me or makes user application and remains in system application.

thanks

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Never happened to me.
Are you using data2sd?

I can only say that it works like a treat for me and that it makes these backups quite fast considering that it doesn't need to boot into recovery.

Have you tried contacting the developer? He's called snoopy333 and is to be found in the original thread. Maybe he can tell you what's going on?

No data2sd, I installed it, went well, config backup desitnation folder which is on my sdcard or microsdcard (tried both). Did you use cloud instead of internal storage? I uninstalled/reinstalled still same issue, WTF! This app seems very well done.

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
No data2sd, I installed it, went well, config backup desitnation folder which is on my sdcard or microsdcard (tried both). Did you use cloud instead of internal storage? I uninstalled/reinstalled still same issue, WTF! This app seems very well done.

I tried TWRP (compression disabled, maybe the key lies there) and let it back-up locally.
But I have indeed also backed everything up to the cloud.

Both worked fine...

Have you contacted the dev yet? I am kind of curious what causes this issue :)

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I tried TWRP (compression disabled, maybe the key lies there) and let it back-up locally.

Both worked fine...

Thanks, but I already tried with and without compression, also with md5 settings also (tried them all), even reboot my device before launch the app. I may have to contact the dev see what's going on.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Both worked fine...

I contacted the developer and he resolved my issue. This issue was busybox. I re installed busybox and bam everything is working as expected. BTW, his service is excellent, send him an email and 10min later I got his reply. Can't beat that for a free app!! Thanks.

Reactions: adelancker

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
I contacted the developer and he resolved my issue. This issue was busybox. I re installed busybox and bam everything is working as expected. BTW, his service is excellent, send him an email and 10min later I got his reply. Can't beat that for a free app!! Thanks.

Ah wow!
Thanks for letting us know!

It is always so impressive how responsive android developers are :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Really awesome.

Never happened to me.
    Are you using data2sd?

Thank you for sharing the existence of greenify.
    EXCELLENT

How do I block the playstore?

Titanium Backup does not turn me or makes user application and remains in system application.

thanks

I have never tried doing that with the PlayStore.
    maybe you could try SystemTuner or another app?
    I am not an expert in these things lol

Both worked fine...

Sounds interesting... but I didn't find (Google) Maps in the app list :confused:... any hint?

Yeah like I said: go into Titanium Back-up, select Google Maps and convert it to user app (or root uninstall Maps and reinstall it through the Play Store)
    Afterwards, you should be able to select it for Greenify!