FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] [15/07/11] AMT v1.8.5 - Sim Unlock, S-OFF, Downgrade - Added Auto Detection!

2,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,982

By lyriquidperfection, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th April 2011, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2012, 04:10 PM |#301  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 337

More
Bricked my device and htc fixed the device, unfortunately i lost all root access which wasnt a problem as il just root the device again..

Considering htc put 2.3.3 on my device and visionary is for froyo i was looking at a different and easier method, stumbled upon this which i thought was great so connected my device, knowing i will need to downgrade but thought the gingerbreak apk would be a nice easy smooth way to gain root before downgrading, problem is, the app just doesnt seem to be doing anything.. :/

My device is connected to 'charge only'
i have usb debugging on
disabled all htc sync programs
ran the gingerbreak on my device, the loading wheel is spinning but its been like that for about 10minutes now and nothing is happening :/

any ideas, i could manually gain root but i wanted something simple
25th April 2012, 02:12 PM |#302  
Flag Heraklion
Thanks Meter: 119

More
It is advised to only use the rooting/unlocking method as described in the Wiki, as it is the easiest yet safest way of doing so.

Honestly, it's pretty simple, in my opinion anyway. Had we found a faster yet still reliable rooting method it would already be documented.

You can use either Setherio's downgrade guide found here and then follow the wiki, or Strawmetal's Downgrading AND Rooting one. You can find all the resources here.

Strawmetal's guide is only directed to Vision users, as opposed to Setherio's which is directed to a multitude of devices, and as such it is more comprehensive and potentially simpler/easier to follow.

On a last note, please avoid Visionary as it has been known to brick phones.
29th April 2012, 03:52 PM |#303  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestofawave

It is advised to only use the rooting/unlocking method as described in the Wiki, as it is the easiest yet safest way of doing so.

Honestly, it's pretty simple, in my opinion anyway. Had we found a faster yet still reliable rooting method it would already be documented.

You can use either Setherio's downgrade guide found here and then follow the wiki, or Strawmetal's Downgrading AND Rooting one. You can find all the resources here.

Strawmetal's guide is only directed to Vision users, as opposed to Setherio's which is directed to a multitude of devices, and as such it is more comprehensive and potentially simpler/easier to follow.

On a last note, please avoid Visionary as it has been known to brick phones.

thankyou for the strawmetal link, used that to downgrade and root my device
3rd May 2012, 03:00 AM |#304  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wez89

thankyou for the strawmetal link, used that to downgrade and root my device

Well, you can just flash the stock Froyo ROM (PC10IMG) through the bootloader, then use this program to root the device - I have done it in this way, to me this is the most simple choice.
20th March 2013, 11:50 AM |#305  
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Re: [TOOL] [15/07/11] AMT v1.8.5 - Sim Unlock, S-OFF, Downgrade - Added Auto Detectio
Recently got my vision with 2.3.3 and already s-off. Now I need only root and recovery with strawmetals method. . Or still need to downgrade it first. ..

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
20th March 2013, 07:48 PM |#306  
Re: [TOOL] [15/07/11] AMT v1.8.5 - Sim Unlock, S-OFF, Downgrade - Added Auto Detectio
All ready s-off? You don't need to downgraded and chances are you're rooted. If you have a stock non-rooted ROM on there right now just flash a new one in recovery, if you have stock recovery then flash a new recovery via fastboot.... You know what, boot into you're bootloader and write down everything on that screen here, as well as which recovery you have, then any advice given will be more helpful

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
20th March 2013, 08:17 PM |#307  
Flag Jeddah

More
yes already s-off , rom is stock and recovery is stock as well .

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.0013
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 11 2011, 23.36:27

Android system recovery <3e>
20th March 2013, 08:37 PM |#308  
good, now we just need to know how the phone got s-off, being you are stock everything then i assume it was with gfree but HERE IS HOW TO CHECK
the bottom of that post explains it, if you find your phone was originally rooted with gfree then go ahead and flash one the two PC10IMG.zips that are posted there, then boot to your new recovery and flash a custom rom. if you find it wasnt then let me know and well go from there
20th March 2013, 09:10 PM |#309  
Flag Jeddah

More
Alright I will return with results...

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
20th March 2013, 11:58 PM |#310  
Flag Jeddah

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

good, now we just need to know how the phone got s-off, being you are stock everything then i assume it was with gfree but HERE IS HOW TO CHECK
the bottom of that post explains it, if you find your phone was originally rooted with gfree then go ahead and flash one the two PC10IMG.zips that are posted there, then boot to your new recovery and flash a custom rom. if you find it wasnt then let me know and well go from there

as after applying commands permission is denied no result, error !
i couldn't found out whether if it was soffed with gfree ...
im stuck in my new touch recovery,
current rom :- GRI40 . can i continue flashing
because now my bootloader is
VISION PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.84.2000 ( PC10***** )
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 8 2010, 15:56:38
21st March 2013, 12:34 AM |#311  
It could potentially be dangerous to flash one of those .zips with out confirming you were explointed with gfree... being that it seems to have worked my guess is everything is fine
Now just pick a rom and flash it via recovery, if your not sure how look for rizzo izzos guide on how to flash a rom, its in the first few pages of the general section, be sure to thank him!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade, eng hboot, s-off, sim unlock, super cid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)