"Claiming interface failed" when using Heimdall on a Mac

Search This thread

mofogx

May 10, 2006
Well, this is extremely frustrating.

I've downloaded Heimdall 1.4RC1 for my T999, and upon following instructions exactly down to the letter, I get met with "Claiming interface failed" when trying to flash CWM on my phone. I've asked just about everywhere and searched on Google, with every source telling me to unload drivers associated with Samsung Kies, which I have never installed. All I have is my mac (running OS X 10.8.2), so "finding someone with a windows computer" is not an option. Is anyone here using Heimdall 1.4RC1 on OS X and experienced this issue? I would love some help here, as I've been sitting here for hours trying to understand what is going on.

mofogx

May 10, 2006
If anyone is having the same issue, I solved it, as the instructions on the CyanogenMod website makes no mention of installing the Heimdall kext for OS X. Upon loading the kext, I was able to access the device the next time I ran Heimdall. Cheers.

Reactions: hcengar

hcengar

Mar 5, 2013
chyback which

If anyone is having the same issue, I solved it, as the instructions on the CyanogenMod website makes no mention of installing the Heimdall kext for OS X. Upon loading the kext, I was able to access the device the next time I ran Heimdall. Cheers.

I'm just having the same problem. Where can I get the kext? The Heimdall zip for 1.4RC1 does not include it.

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I got it from Heimdall's github page.

Last edited:

hcengar

Mar 5, 2013

OK, so I installed the kext and loaded it and still getting the same Claiming interface failed error.

EDIT: OK, unloaded Kies kexts and now it worked, thanks.

Last edited:

mofogx

May 10, 2006
Yeah, I want to see if I can edit the instructions on CyanogenMod, as they make no mention of loading Mac kext modules, which could cause a lot of problems.

I'm glad I was able to figure it out, because the internet is an impossible place to get help, especially when it involves macs. You wouldn't believe how many times I was told to give up and find someone with a windows machine.

I'd do it, but I rather solve the problem in my hands than to run off towards the perceived easier solution.

Last edited:

bolio

Jun 28, 2012
If you are still having trouble, try this on your mac´s terminal

it will kill kies.....

$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungComposite
$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMData
$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMControl

Reactions: jeffreyleung125

mofogx

May 10, 2006

it will kill kies.....

This only works, however, if you had kies installed in the first place. If you're flashing roms, the best thing to do would be to remove kies completely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it will kill kies.....