Reset flash counter with an app... FINALLY!! (If you're on ICS 4.0+)

Search This thread

Tjsherod

Dec 31, 2011
Wow this worked amazing. It's a little scary at first! Haha

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

silverevo

Oct 20, 2011
worked on my 4.0.4 s2

worked like a charm...i'm glad i found this thread being a newbie to xda :)

iiApotheosis

Jan 30, 2012
Corbin, KY
Wow this worked amazing. It's a little scary at first! Haha

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

I second that.

Wouldn't boot at first, then I booted into CWM and cleared cache and dalvik cache then it booted right up. I don't know if that fixed it or what, but that was the first thing that came to mind in my trouble shooting.

EDIT: Also dropped my battery from about 45 to 8%... 0_o

Last edited:

mistercory

Nov 17, 2011
Saw the free version but paid for the Google play version instead. Worked!

Sent from somewhere on earth using electronic smoke signals.

MWTTRON

Apr 27, 2012
4.2.2 and Gapps Guinea Pig

Absolutely. I took the plunge. I'm running CM9 latest nightly, with the UCLC2 baseband, and whatever Kernel comes with CM9...

It also says on the Play Store page that our device (SGH-I777) is in fact supported.

Worked like a charm. :)

I'm running AoCP-i777-CP53s with gapps-4.2.2-jb-3.4.2013-signed. I'm gonna try it. Will be back soon I hope! LOL

MWTTRON

Apr 27, 2012
Well it did NOT work on JB 4.2.2 But It didn't brick either!

**Update ** I had a bad download! I re-downloaded it and it worked perfectly!

Thanks to Chainfire !!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FINALLY. Reset the flash counter WITHOUT A JIG! No more stupid triangle at boot! =) - WITH AN APP BY CHAINFIRE.

Found this over on the I9100 forums... works great on our device as long as you're running an ICS 4.0+ build. CM9 included.

DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD BASED ROMS - YOU RISK A TOTAL BRICK!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

The app is called "Triangle Away" and is available on the Play Store for $2... or for free on the XDA page linked above.

(apparently this was already posted a few weeks back... I searched... Oh wells.)
    Please... Report back your findings. :)
    Worked like a charm! Very quick, very easy... awesome! Good find, chainfire is legit. =)
    I personally had no problem with entering CWM after flashing.

But it's always good to be cautious...
    Are there any repercussions from using this apk? One user above reported that he could no longer enter CWM. Anyone else experiencing that issue? Chainfire didn't say that there would be any issues with CWM after using his apk. Scared to try it until I hear a confirmation.

Not only did I have problems getting into CWM, my phone would not boot at all. Went to the Samsung Galaxy SII logo and wouldn't go any further. It wouldn't turn off by the button, had to pull the battery. I let it sit at the logo for 20 minutes, finally gave up and got into download mode and re flashed. Definitely looks like I am in the minority that had issues with this. And I can't say for sure that this app was the problem, although i hadn't had any issues until this was installed, and this was the first time the phone had been off since installing it.
    i'm currently on Task's AOKP, and i've been religiously updating his nightly builds. would the flash counter increment every time i install a nightly, meaning that i would have to run triangleaway after every install?
    not afaik.

i thought the flash counter only counted for odin installs, but i could be wrong. anyways i'm running that rom and have been updating a lot too... still not yellow triangle.