looking for pc36img

Search This thread

harry46222

Dec 4, 2011
I stand corrected. Frustrations are an abysmal thing. My apologies. One thing to note would be format to FAT32. That was missing from the guides. No one mentions that. Another item of note would be empty the card and leave the PC36IMG as the ONLY file on the card. Either worked for me. If I didn't do one or the other or both, it didn't work. This should be added to the procedure.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Thats strange, the zip usually just needs to be on the root of the sdcard

As for the FAT32 bit, thats true, very few procedures mention that part, I've only ever seen one guide that mentions it when talking about any PHONE_MODEL.zip file

Emdosis

Jun 19, 2018
Download link broken.
Also, what is this "pc36img" and does this work for each phone? I just want to get into fastboot...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No go, sir. Opening the zip or not, the fact is it doesn't work. I have a few of these files and none of them are recognized when boot loader is brought back up to flash the file. It scans the zip, can't find file, image or anything. Its the same thing no matter which one I use. I'll keep looking for a good procedure and a decent download.
    There's nothing wrong with Captain's files or the pc36img.zip files given on this page. They work just fine as usual. I just downloaded one (again) and confirmed it.

Is your phone S-Off? Did you flash a mtd-eng.img file to your misc partition, so that it will downgrade?

If you answer no to both of these questions, then the problem is not necessarily the zip files, but is likely on your end. And if you answered no to both of those questions, then the zip files are not likely going to work for you.

And, if one of your answers is yes, then it could be a problem with your sdcard. Sometimes they are full, or not formated correctly, or have some other issue, which will also cause the files to fail. You cannot always assume that just because a file does not work the way you expect it to, that it is necessarily something wrong with that file.