FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] OC to 1100Mhz and linaro gcc 4.7 (New version with fast display mode)

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,105

By guevor, Senior Member on 26th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
27th February 2013, 01:29 PM |#131  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantenbein

Thanks a lot. I will get my sisters Nook tomorrow. I first thought of starting to find a way of cloning Nooks, but now I will do this one manually and let you know if the 174 zip with the 166 kernel worked. I guess if I have a Nookmanager backup not much can go wrong.

EDIT: I tried to reinstall the package with the replaced uImage into my father's nook. (1.2.1 with Nookmanager and kernel 166) and it said "installation aborted", when I switch the signature check on it says signature check failed or the like.

Bad luck.

OK... I just found
"install-kernel-166.zip"
on my hard drive.
I have no idea why it got removed from the first post. Maybe the link is posted somewhere else.
Anyway, download it from the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip install-kernel-166.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.99 MB, 921 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free

27th February 2013, 03:33 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wow - thanks a lot. Big kiss. Saves me a lot of time, as I have to root a whole bunch of Nooks soon.
I just tried it with mine, as I wanted to update to 1.2.1 anyway.

Everything works perfect (OC kernel, multitouch, NoRefresh) - now this is the best reading device ever.
27th February 2013, 08:50 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Giving Rooted nook w/ 174 kernel to someone else
Has anyone been able to change the gmail account on a rooted nook and not break SearchMarket? The experience I've found is that the initial gmail account used in the rooting process can't be changed. If it is changed later, all appears to work, but when downloading apps from the market (via SearchMarket), a network error appears and the app fails to download. If the gmail account is changed back to the original gmail account used during the root, then I can download apps again. I am deleting the accounts.db on the nook to clear the gmail accounts which may be part of the problem. Has anyone discovered a way to root the nook and then be able to change the gmail and have the market (even SearchMarket) work?

(This is relevant to this thread because I'm later applying the fastmode patches to the kernel, although I guess there might be other threads more directly relevant.)

Rob
7th March 2013, 01:27 AM |#134  

More
Help
I'm really having trouble enabling Fast Display Mode. I've installed Kernel #174 through CWM.

I'm on FW 1.2.0 and I'm trying to follow the instructions below for these extra scripts but I don't know what to do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post35362768

Please could someone give me a step by step guide on what needs to be done?

Thanks.
7th March 2013, 04:55 PM |#135  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohog

I'm really having trouble enabling Fast Display Mode. I've installed Kernel #174 through CWM.

I'm on FW 1.2.0 and I'm trying to follow the instructions below for these extra scripts but I don't know what to do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post35362768

Please could someone give me a step by step guide on what needs to be done?

Thanks.

Once again ...

1. install Gscript
1.1 download apk
1.2 copy apk to msdcard
1.3 open the file using any file manager
2. unzip toggle.sh file and put it in /sdcard/gscript/ on your msdcard
2.1 run gscript
2.2 select load script from sd (or something like that)
2.3 run script

Where do you have a problem?
13th March 2013, 08:06 PM |#136  

More
toggle
gscript toggle fast mode is not good enough for me. I want to remap a button, physical or on screen to fast mode toggle, how do i do that?
The original fastmode.apk by guevor doesn't seem to do anything. He also says he use the read now button to toggle, how is that achieved?
Thanks for helping.
23rd March 2013, 11:17 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Re: [Kernel] OC to 1100Mhz and linaro gcc 4.7 (New version with fast display mode)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guevor

You first need to rename the uImage.img to uImage
Then you need adb on your computer and be connected on the same net (computer and nook).
After that, you can use these instructions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=21

I hope it will be helpful

I just tried these instructions with adb wireless and commands seemed to go through. Now every so often my nook reboots and I get the message Install Failed. I used ulmage v1.66.

Any suggestions on why this is not working or what to do to properly install kernel?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
23rd March 2013, 10:59 PM |#138  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizi

gscript toggle fast mode is not good enough for me. I want to remap a button, physical or on screen to fast mode toggle, how do i do that?
The original fastmode.apk by guevor doesn't seem to do anything. He also says he use the read now button to toggle, how is that achieved?
Thanks for helping.

1. "button on screen" - you can install 'Legacy Launcher' and add Gscript script as a shortcut on your desktop.
2. If you wan't to add fastmode to 'quicknav' or assign it to a hardware button it needs to be embedded in an installed APK.
If you have the right knowledge, use 'Apktool' and change the original FastMode.apk.
Today I tried to do this but I have failed on signing a package. My personal certs are not valid (my lack of knowledge is showing). I'll try to play with it next week.

This might be useful for you if you will decide to do some dev work :

https://code.google.com/p/android-sc...SharingScripts

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...om-within-code
24th March 2013, 12:46 AM |#139  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
edit :
Ok..I learned how to create a package, sign it and install properly. I still need to figure out howto to echo 1 to /sys/devices/platform/omap3epfb.0/graphics/fb0/fmode;
using android apk. (I won't do it during this weekend, that's for sure). Any Dev want's to create simple apk using "sl4a" template project?
If anyone would provide such an apk I'd be able to happily return to my shell scripting.
25th March 2013, 12:35 AM |#140  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Prompt
New version of FastMode.apk written by me.
Works on FW 1.2.x.
No one else wanted to do this, so I have learned something new and created my first android apk.
You can thank me later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FastMode2.apk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.3 KB, 14971 views)
File Type: zip FastMode2_source.zip - [Click for QR Code] (29.1 KB, 2429 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free
26th March 2013, 06:02 PM |#141  

More
Thanks a lot. It didn't take you long at all and you learned something new right? Props to you!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread