Thanks Meter: 221

By mamaich, Retired Recognized Developer on 12th January 2013, 04:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2013, 08:48 PM |#211  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,921

More
@southbird: This utuility doesn't support x86 drivers. Unless the driver was recompiled for ARM (in which case the software should have been, too), it won't work.
@Diepvriezer: The next release will come when it comes. The current version is good enough for running amny older programs (though not all), but mamaich has said the next release would be a long while coming because there are a lot of changes (to things liek how the library shims are generated, for example... which is currently the biggest impediment to most x86 app compatibility).
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free

23rd March 2013, 10:57 PM |#212  
Flag Redlands, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hey, does anyone else have problems with not being able to run x86 programs as administrator?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (2).jpg
Views:	382
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1828472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	263
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1828473  
25th March 2013, 12:13 AM |#213  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,921

More
It shoudl work if you runt he launcher itself as Admin, I think... honestly though I haven't tried. I've yet to have any install program actually succeed for me, although a few of they said they did there wasn't anything in the terget folder when I checked.
25th March 2013, 12:32 AM |#214  
Flag Redlands, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

It shoudl work if you runt he launcher itself as Admin, I think... honestly though I haven't tried. I've yet to have any install program actually succeed for me, although a few of they said they did there wasn't anything in the terget folder when I checked.

I ran the launcher as admin, as well as creating an admin shortcut for the program...
25th March 2013, 02:09 AM |#215  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 221

Donate to Me
More
Sorry for the long delay.

AOE is already working in my private build. But there are some issues I have to resolve before publishing it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamaich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mamaich Ad-Free
25th March 2013, 09:54 AM |#216  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Hi, Just want to know earlier I tried to run VLC player and Gom player but I cannot, is the new update able to run VLC or GOM player set up ??
25th March 2013, 02:57 PM |#217  
Flag Redlands, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaich

Sorry for the long delay.

AOE is already working in my private build. But there are some issues I have to resolve before publishing it.

REALLY?!?! This makes me happy. Thank you for all your work! Cannot wait for the next build! 😃
25th March 2013, 03:24 PM |#218  
Flag Maasbracht
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Re: [Beta version] Running x86 apps on WinRT devices
Does gta iv work
*troll

Sent from my sending thing..
Stupid Macbook Air can't fly
25th March 2013, 03:34 PM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitgalaxy3

Hi, Just want to know earlier I tried to run VLC player and Gom player but I cannot, is the new update able to run VLC or GOM player set up ??

Wow. You even bothered trying VLC? thats a full fledged media app. the abilities of this thing end at about wordpad....
25th March 2013, 03:39 PM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitgalaxy3

Honestly this would be a much better candidate for porting. Even if the emulator matured enough to run VLC, I doubt the performance would be all that great.
25th March 2013, 03:49 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbird

Honestly this would be a much better candidate for porting. Even if the emulator matured enough to run VLC, I doubt the performance would be all that great.

VLC has already had a successful kickstarter for an official VLC store app available for windows 8, windows RT and windows phone 8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)