Su870 port to p720

Search This thread

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
Hey Hey

ít is possible to flash the V20.KDZ from the SU870 to the LG P720 ?

i do it via the LGFlashTool will the dll from the P720 on Win7. But the Flashtool didn´t write the KDZ. I do the same with the BIN, still the Same Problem. Error Read Port failed.
I will do it today on XP.

Then i tried it with the Android 4.0.4 XBSA, the flash was at 30%, then the Erorr Phonemodel wrong or so.

it is possible to flash the BIN/KDZ ?

Reactions: zak53

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Hey Hey

ít is possible to flash the V20.KDZ from the SU870 to the LG P720 ?

i do it via the LGFlashTool will the dll from the P720 on Win7. But the Flashtool didn´t write the KDZ. I do the same with the BIN, still the Same Problem. Error Read Port failed.
I will do it today on XP.

Then i tried it with the Android 4.0.4 XBSA, the flash was at 30%, then the Erorr Phonemodel wrong or so.

it is possible to flash the BIN/KDZ ?

Flashing a kdz of different phone will brick your phone.
so please don't come back here with a o3dm

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda premium

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
First times i had problems with cwm and rom manager xD maybe 3reflashs xD then i tested custom roms etc,but no gps or so = reflash xD
So i will test it later to port su870 kdz to p720again under winxp. flashtool under win7 bugs.

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
Hey Hey my Friends (or not) :p

so first it is maybe possible to flash the Su870kdz (AP CP) to the lg p720. First i had renamed the AP and CP to the orginal name from the p720. But after 50%, it was the point where the flashtool partitionized the flash, ERROR. I think the connection was lost. so i will try it again.

so pls still wait =)

but has everyone an idea why my phone has no signal ?!

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi

so first it is maybe possible to flash the Su870kdz (AP CP) to the lg p720. First i had renamed the AP and CP to the orginal name from the p720. But after 50%, it was the point where the flashtool partitionized the flash, ERROR. I think the connection was lost. so i will try it again.

so pls still wait =)

yes i know!
and i wanna also know what are you upto!!
so add me on gmain or facebook so we can have a chat on this porting.

zak53

Mar 7, 2013

so pls still wait =)

ok coool i am waiting lol
maybe i will try this but yu have to show me how to rename the AP and CP :p

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
so after 3times of flashing, i can say theres not going do flash it via flashtool. i ported the su870 kdz to the phone but if i started the phone, they displayed me an android with an exclamation mark ...................

so at friday i will test it again via the how to from your post

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
so after 3times of flashing, i can say theres not going do flash it via flashtool. i ported the su870 kdz to the phone but if i started the phone, they displayed me an android with an exclamation mark ...................

so at friday i will test it again via the how to from your post

How are you porting it?
are you doing any changes in the kdz itself??
i can help you in many ways

zak53

Mar 7, 2013
Ok i want to try this method but if i break my lg :p:p

Sent from my LG-P720 using xda app-developers app

OS_Hacking

Sep 10, 2012
Some one has already ported it ,, but without network ,, I can't remeber the thread . It worked with the original boot.img of the su870 but with disabled secure boot .

Maybe this help .

P.S. here it is :-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043673

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
@ Eklovya

i had trying it via the lg flash tool. only renamed the Su870.bin to LGP720AT-00-V10e-EUR-XXX-JUL-17-2012+0_AP and the fls to the LGP720AT-00-V10e-EUR-XXX-JUL-17-2012+0_CS

so i flashed it to 50% and then if the flashtool is partitionized the LG, they get an error -.-

i don´t know how can i modify the kdz -.-

@OS_Hacking
thx for replay. i think i have to insert a new boot.img via oampboot, but they say SU870 and P720 are the same booloader

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
i am that person who PORTED su870 ics to P720.

and yes network is not working.

sry to tell you but you are not porting you are just giving a try to just flash kdz.
if i could extract the kdz i could have made a working ICS till now.

try extracting the kdz and try to get it in .img files

zak53

Mar 7, 2013
Maybe you have to make a tuto how to port su870 to p720

Sent from my LG-P720 using xda app-developers app

MasterTobi

Feb 3, 2013
Hey Hey

i will try it again later. Flashing the SU870 to P720 does not work ......

still wait for my new test´s lol

iddpioneer

Dec 11, 2010
Hey Hey

i will try it again later. Flashing the SU870 to P720 does not work ......

still wait for my new test´s lol

Hello guys, I have a P720h that was bricked and now I could boot it with fast boot, in download mode and in fast boot mode, but I have buyed it about a week and I am newer in LG cellphones, (my another phone is a motorola defy, with 2 years of use).
And I tried to write about 3 bin images and about 6 kdz files, and the LG flashtool never flash it, and the smartflash tool gives a magic number error, and the kdz writer from lg only writes kdz of p720 until 100% the kdz of p720h never past beyond 10% - 15%.

Forgive me if I posted in wrong section, but the only thing I need is a tip for a bin or a kdz and what I am doing wrong.

OBS: I am using Windows 7 - 64 Bits, is better to use xp for flashing?

Thanks for your attention !!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But you see that these hqs new functions like qslide and new lockscreen like optimus g

Don't forget to press THANKS if i have helped

Be happy with what you already have .

So the answer is no i m not gonna try port SU870 ICS to P920 just to have a different lockscreen.

This is an effort to give ICS to 3D MAX which is still forgotten on Gingebread and LG says no word about upgrading it.
    im preparing a bin file the same way i did with su760 port for p920 so you guys will have to wait..
    we will test it probably tomorrow cause its 4am here now
    Eklovya dont be impatient, let xbsall to do it right on his schedule time. Dont forget you are the one who leave us waiting for the new version of thundersnap many weeks now, so do something useful in the meantime ;)

i am having exams still i am working on ICS port.
    If you have any idea what to do please do that but dont tell me what to do.

I have already done alot for OPTIMUS 3D MAX and i am the only one who made root possible who made cwm and who made 1st custom rom.
    So either try to help or shut up.:mad:

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda app-developers app
    Hey yes i have bricked my phone but i had it restored :D more than 10times in my life :D
    maybe i will test it, but first i test it via flashtool under xp. maybe this night hehe ;)