Seidio VITREO Tempered Glass screen protector with lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is Part 1 of review for Seidio VITREO Tempered Glass screen protector. http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vitreo-screen-guard-p/sptssgt2-cl.htm

I decided to review it in 2 parts. At the current moment I'm not ready to install it yet, so in Part 1 of the review I will go over what's in a box, and how it fits on top of the screen prior to installation. Plus, I took a lot of pictures for you to get a better idea.

My screen protector experience is based purely on dry installs where I typically prefer 3H hardness-rated PET film. I always look at screen protector as disposable/replaceable option because even the best one will get scratches at some point. Typically it won't happen on a daily basis with a regular use, but one of these days when you forget and end up with keys rubbing against your screen protector in the pocket, or while you are yanking the phone out of the zippered pocket brushing against screen protector, etc. Those times call for tempered glass material which is a lot more durable (typically 9H hardness) and more impact absorbing on a direct contact with a screen. And of course, glass will feel like a glass!!! It will cost more, but perhaps will last a lifetime of the phone so you don't have to replace/buy more regular screen protectors. Of course, this is really like a premium luxury option lol!!!

I have read a number of reviews for other tempered glass screen protectors and found one common problem. Its a glass which has less flexibility than a plastic screen protector, and in combination with curved Note 2 glass - a lot of people complain about edges not sticking with their other screen protectors. Furthermore, I noticed some designs use completely enclosed cutout around Home button, and in conjunction with thickness of the tempered glass you will actually need to add a stick-on Home button to raise it up so it doesn't feel recessed. So with all that in mind, I decided to give it a shot to Seidio VITREO tempered glass. To quote their spec:

- High grade tempered glass with a 9H hardness rating prevents damage in the event of scratches and abrasions
- Tapered (rounded) edges provide a premium and more aesthetically enhanced profile for your device
- Engineered to reinforce the strength of the critical points of impact which results in prolonged durability
- Oleophobic coating resists marks and smudges with advanced technology that reduces the appearance of fingerprints
- Designed precisely for your device with slim cut to prevent bubbling around edges
- Allows touch sensitivity and enhances optical clarity
- Easy installation without bubbling and lifting
- Only 0.55mm (0.02in) thin

As I mentioned already, I haven't installed it yet, so can't judge about touch sensitivity, optical clarify, and oleophobic characteristic yet. That will be included in Part 2 of the review (probably in a week). What I can tell you is that it feels very solid, kind of reminds me of thin plexiglass. Edges are rounded/tapered off. It's very lightweight. And it definitely has a VERY slim cut. I mean, it's so slim that it ONLY covers visible display part of the screen. I tried to take close up pics so you can see it. I guess Seidio decided not to take any chances with lifting edges, thus covering only flat part of the screen. In theory that is the only part of the screen where you glide your finger anyway. But at the same time having almost no margin will mean that you have to be VERY careful during install because you don't have any wiggle space. As I read in some other threads, this would be a good opportunity to use one of those suction cups to hold the tempered glass while lowering it down and aligning with a screen. Otherwise if you hold it by the edges with your fingers, you won't be able to align it precisely.

So here you go, pre-install pictures for your enjoyment!!! Feel free to comment if you have experience with VITREO or to suggest tips for tempered glass installation since I'm noob in that area ;)

vitreo-n2-01_zps49a0d3ff.jpg

vitreo-n2-02_zps266aeda4.jpg

vitreo-n2-03_zps73b14e68.jpg

vitreo-n2-04_zps0a7ff00a.jpg

vitreo-n2-05_zps279c1524.jpg

vitreo-n2-06_zpsb2c6aa3e.jpg

vitreo-n2-07_zps814d5bcf.jpg

vitreo-n2-08_zps73b4a15f.jpg

vitreo-n2-09_zpsca52d6ab.jpg

vitreo-n2-10_zpsabf26271.jpg

vitreo-n2-11_zpsb000fa9e.jpg

vitreo-n2-12_zps8d2a6652.jpg

vitreo-n2-13_zps33450fda.jpg

vitreo-n2-14_zpsd3bf78f0.jpg

vitreo-n2-15_zpsdc711bbd.jpg

vitreo-n2-16_zps8d026185.jpg

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
OK, for those who cares ;) here are the pictures after the install and few of my comments!

Since this is my first tempered glass install, I actually found it to be easier because with a sturdier piece of glass, versus a typical dry install flexible screen protector, it's easier to hold it in your hands while positioning. Most of the positioning work goes into trying to align it with visible part of the display. Unfortunately, the width of this glass is probably 1mm wider than visible area of the screen so its not an easy task. If you don't have a steady hand or OCD, forget about it lol!!! Looked like the sticky side has some kind of a glue substance. I didn't see much of a bubbles, but noticed what seems to be like "wet" spots. I tried my best massaging it out, but probably at least a dozen still remain. When you put a pressure on it - it disappears, but then it's back. I read enough of the other tempered glass threads to realize that I probably will have to wait a few days to see how it goes. Again, speaking from a previous dry install experience where within minutes I get a perfect sp on contact - it looks to me tempered glass is not for those who want instant gratification. I will wait and see the progress, or lack of it, how these disappear. Will post updates and pictures as well. They just don't look like typical bubbles, but rather wet/glue spots.

About the glass itself. Edges are very nicely rounded off and VERY smooth. While sliding the finger over the edge you feel a very smooth transition. Thickness of the glass is higher than Home button, so the button feels a little bit recessed. Doesn't feel too bad since Home button opening is not enclosed. But if/once there is no wet spots and I decide to keep this permanently, I might consider Home button sticker. But as of now, I don't feel it's necessary. Once display is on, you don't see any wet spots at all. Everything is crystal clear, colors come through like with original glass screen, and it feels like a real smooth glass. S-pen glides smoothly too. Overall touch sensitivity and feeling is like you have an original glass display. Also, doesn't pick up too much fingerprints.

I will post an update and pictures in a few days how it looks, and hopefully those spots will disappear. As I said, they do not interfere with display on, but when it's off - its visible. At this point I will wait and see.

Here are the pictures. I tried my best to get every edge in focus since its not easy with a clear glass.

vitreo_install-01_zpsb3028f44.jpg

vitreo_install-02_zpsdf184e0b.jpg

vitreo_install-03_zps69125557.jpg

vitreo_install-04_zps321abfb8.jpg

vitreo_install-05_zps8bd57925.jpg

vitreo_install-06_zps9669f27d.jpg

vitreo_install-07_zps57766b0d.jpg

vitreo_install-08_zps1edafc3b.jpg

vitreo_install-09_zps41c2df67.jpg

vitreo_install-10_zps6a802ca6.jpg

vitreo_install-11_zps5d7cc796.jpg

vitreo_install-12_zpse4c27e49.jpg

vitreo_install-13_zps0243b37f.jpg

OK, so here is the-morning-after UPDATE. I run my finger across the screen and every wet spot just disappeared!!!!!! This is a picture of PERFECTION!!! No bubbles, no spots, no lifting edges, just perfect and smooth. The only comment, since it has oleophobic coating, glass feels a little slippery right now which noticeable when you need to press'n'hold while using the phone (like press'n'hold on the link to open in another window of the browser). I believe that will wear off since it's a brand new layer of coating.

Here are the final updated pictures. This one is a KEEPER!!!

vitreo_install-day1-01_zpscac3e195.jpg

vitreo_install-day1-02_zpsef075db9.jpg

vitreo_install-day1-03_zpsbf5c3642.jpg

Last edited:

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
I know that the edge of the Note2 glass curves downward near the edges, but having a lip like that with the protective glass would be very annoying imo.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I have no idea what to expect when I install it. I know it's tapered off, so perhaps the transition won't be as bad sliding a finger across the edge? I would have installed it right away, but I have another screen protector (regular PET film) coming my way for review, and I want to install this tempered glass afterwards.

I promise to give you my honest opinion. Just honestly don't know what to expect or even what to compare it to since I have never installed or tried tempered glass screen protectors before. I will leave it up to you guys to read my review and compare it with other reviews in this forum to figure out if it works for you or not. Hopefully pictures can do some justice as well, since those worth thousand words ;)

Also, I do realized it is on a pricey side in comparison to other ones, and someone already mentioned ebay options. But having a previous bad experience with cheap ebay film screen protectors I learned my lesson and would rather deal with brand names. Ebay cheap stuff comes off mass production lines with hardly any quality control.

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
The pictures look great and show great detail, but personally, I can't justify $40 for a screen protector, no matter how good. I'm very careful with my phones and have never broken or significantly damaged one and I've switched through about 7 phones in the last 5 years so I'm knocking on wood here.

Sadly, most of the "brand name" accessories probably come off the same production line as the cheap ebay stuff, but don't get the fancy name and packaging as the stuff you pay 2-3x more for.

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
That was a lot of words for a pre-install. Brevity is your friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

vectron

Apr 23, 2011

Oh, you have not seen everything yet, this was my short review lol! If you want to kill a few hours, read all of my reviews in signature link. You know I get paid per word? :p lol!

Btw, thanks for insightful reply/comment! :)

Reactions: comat0se

jrb7561

Feb 8, 2011

Don't chastise vector for his verbosity! I appreciate how much time and detail he puts into his reviews. It's not like he's a paid reviewer. If you don't like it, move on to something else which doesn't force you to read so much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
*drops phone*
screen protector shatters glass into my glass screen which in turn shatters
*wtf'd*

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Hey, I got thick skin :D Listen guys, I'm not on payroll or invested in stock of these companies. Don't care if you buy or not these products. I'm just here to help. I do spend considerable amount of time on these reviews and typically have a format of lots of "text" and lots of "pictures". I don't mix it together 'cause different browsers/app-forum viewer scale/resize and mess it up. If you don't want to read my view, I always provide a link to a vendors site where you can read a brief summary. If you have a few minutes to kill - read my thoughts about it. And as usual I provide all the detailed pictures to cover every angle - and those worth at least a thousand words ;) If you don't like it, just skip it - no need to complain. If you appreciate my work hit Thanks. If you have positive or negative comment about the product - it's what this forum is for, to discuss our opinion and have civilized conversation!

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Check out Post #2 after the original one. I updated with my comments about the install and lot's of pictures how it looks now!!!

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Here is a final update of VITREO Tempered Glass install. I picture of PERFECTION!!!!!!!! I also updated my original post for consistency.

Reactions: Double0EK

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Hey, I appreciate the review and most importantly the quality pictures.

I'll throw in my feedback on this thread if you don't mind.

That is once mine arrives later today.

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
Again, great review bro. Everyone else who hates or undermines your reviews are either 1) too lazy to read 2) are jealous that you can afford such things ( even though it's just to share and help others) 3) are trolls. So, don't even pay attention to them. Also, the fact that you handled such comments maturely makes you the better person, my friend. This is XDA - a community to help each other rate/review/discuss everything in a positive manner. You can hate a product, but don't bash an individual (especially one who has nothing to gain by helping you). Everyone has an opinion, but the same message can be said in a kinder, more respectful tone. If anyone wants to bash what I said, feel free, but you'll just prove my point :)

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Hey, I appreciate the review and most importantly the quality pictures.

I'll throw in my feedback on this thread if you don't mind.

That is once mine arrives later today.

Of course, I would be happy if you post your comments!

One thing for install, I actually used provided alcohol swipe. Gotta get screen super clean and remove any oil fingerprint residue. I didn't want to take any chances. Also, I started alignment from top of the phone, just worked better for me. Prior to alignment play around with placement of the glass to figure out how to align it. It will be almost as wide as LCD part of the screen, so you need to get it right. Since I have white Note 2, I could see it better due to contrast with white bezel of the phone. But once installed right, it make it looks nice because the end of the glass is almost aligned with the edge of black LCD/white bezel. Good luck!

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Again, great review bro. Everyone else who hates or undermines your reviews are either 1) too lazy to read 2) are jealous that you can afford such things ( even though it's just to share and help others) 3) are trolls. So, don't even pay attention to them. Also, the fact that you handled such comments maturely makes you the better person, my friend. This is XDA - a community to help each other rate/review/discuss everything in a positive manner. You can hate a product, but don't bash an individual (especially one who has nothing to gain by helping you). Everyone has an opinion, but the same message can be said in a kinder, more respectful tone. If anyone wants to bash what I said, feel free, but you'll just prove my point :)

Thanks bro, and everybody else for kind words! I do my best to handle my replies maturely lol!!! Sh!t like that doesn't fly in forums where I'm moderating :) Plus, I provide links of my reviews back to the vendors because they like to read feedback and also comments from other users. XDA-Developers community held in a VERY HIGH respect with every vendor I communicate. I'm not representing vendors, but in some way I feel like I representing XDA community in a face of the vendor. I don't have to sugar coat my review, I try to present facts and support it with pictures. There are too many YT and Blog reviews where every single product is "great" and "must have" and they just read description bullets off vendors website. I'm honestly telling you that tempered glass is NOT for everybody, and its an expensive accessory. But if you decide to go with one then do your homework and read other comments on this forum. It's a big investment and you want it to work right ;)

Also, about being able to afford such things. Just please don't take it in a cocky way, but with amount of reviews I have posted, amount of time I spend on it, and feedbacks I provided back in direct email communication with vendors, I earned their trust and respect to receive review samples. I don't want you to think I have disposal income, and I also don't want you to think that because I review something it's a must have for you to get it. I just want you guys to have as much of valuable info as you can get from my reviews so you can make up your own mind how to spend your own hard earned money. And perhaps save you and vendors hassle and headache of buying and returning it back because you based your buying choice on a pretty photoshoped picture or some blog or YT channel where they only care about number of Likes or Subscribers to build their reputation.

If you guys want to continue this discussion, feel free to post it in my official "vectron" summary review post (in my sig).

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks bro, and everybody else for kind words! I do my best to handle my replies maturely lol!!! Sh!t like that doesn't fly in forums where I'm moderating :) Plus, I provide links of my reviews back to the vendors because they like to read feedback and also comments from other users. XDA-Developers community held in a VERY HIGH respect with every vendor I communicate. I'm not representing vendors, but in some way I feel like I representing XDA community in a face of the vendor. I don't have to sugar coat my review, I try to present facts and support it with pictures. There are too many YT and Blog reviews where every single product is "great" and "must have" and they just read description bullets off vendors website. I'm honestly telling you that tempered glass is NOT for everybody, and its an expensive accessory. But if you decide to go with one then do your homework and read other comments on this forum. It's a big investment and you want it to work right ;)

Also, about being able to afford such things. Just please don't take it in a cocky way, but with amount of reviews I have posted, amount of time I spend on it, and feedbacks I provided back in direct email communication with vendors, I earned their trust and respect to receive review samples. I don't want you to think I have disposal income, and I also don't want you to think that because I review something it's a must have for you to get it. I just want you guys to have as much of valuable info as you can get from my reviews so you can make up your own mind how to spend your own hard earned money. And perhaps save you and vendors hassle and headache of buying and returning it back because you based your buying choice on a pretty photoshoped picture or some blog or YT channel where they only care about number of Likes or Subscribers to build their reputation.

If you guys want to continue this discussion, feel free to post it in my official "vectron" summary review post (in my sig).

:good: Well said! Also, yeah I didn't mean the affording comment in a negative light. many people have nice things and don't show off. I wanted to outline that you don't do your reviews to show off, but rather inform the good and bad of each item you have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Part 1 of review for Seidio VITREO Tempered Glass screen protector. http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vitreo-screen-guard-p/sptssgt2-cl.htm

I decided to review it in 2 parts. At the current moment I'm not ready to install it yet, so in Part 1 of the review I will go over what's in a box, and how it fits on top of the screen prior to installation. Plus, I took a lot of pictures for you to get a better idea.

My screen protector experience is based purely on dry installs where I typically prefer 3H hardness-rated PET film. I always look at screen protector as disposable/replaceable option because even the best one will get scratches at some point. Typically it won't happen on a daily basis with a regular use, but one of these days when you forget and end up with keys rubbing against your screen protector in the pocket, or while you are yanking the phone out of the zippered pocket brushing against screen protector, etc. Those times call for tempered glass material which is a lot more durable (typically 9H hardness) and more impact absorbing on a direct contact with a screen. And of course, glass will feel like a glass!!! It will cost more, but perhaps will last a lifetime of the phone so you don't have to replace/buy more regular screen protectors. Of course, this is really like a premium luxury option lol!!!

I have read a number of reviews for other tempered glass screen protectors and found one common problem. Its a glass which has less flexibility than a plastic screen protector, and in combination with curved Note 2 glass - a lot of people complain about edges not sticking with their other screen protectors. Furthermore, I noticed some designs use completely enclosed cutout around Home button, and in conjunction with thickness of the tempered glass you will actually need to add a stick-on Home button to raise it up so it doesn't feel recessed. So with all that in mind, I decided to give it a shot to Seidio VITREO tempered glass. To quote their spec:

- High grade tempered glass with a 9H hardness rating prevents damage in the event of scratches and abrasions
    - Tapered (rounded) edges provide a premium and more aesthetically enhanced profile for your device
    - Engineered to reinforce the strength of the critical points of impact which results in prolonged durability
    - Oleophobic coating resists marks and smudges with advanced technology that reduces the appearance of fingerprints
    - Designed precisely for your device with slim cut to prevent bubbling around edges
    - Allows touch sensitivity and enhances optical clarity
    - Easy installation without bubbling and lifting
    - Only 0.55mm (0.02in) thin

As I mentioned already, I haven't installed it yet, so can't judge about touch sensitivity, optical clarify, and oleophobic characteristic yet. That will be included in Part 2 of the review (probably in a week). What I can tell you is that it feels very solid, kind of reminds me of thin plexiglass. Edges are rounded/tapered off. It's very lightweight. And it definitely has a VERY slim cut. I mean, it's so slim that it ONLY covers visible display part of the screen. I tried to take close up pics so you can see it. I guess Seidio decided not to take any chances with lifting edges, thus covering only flat part of the screen. In theory that is the only part of the screen where you glide your finger anyway. But at the same time having almost no margin will mean that you have to be VERY careful during install because you don't have any wiggle space. As I read in some other threads, this would be a good opportunity to use one of those suction cups to hold the tempered glass while lowering it down and aligning with a screen. Otherwise if you hold it by the edges with your fingers, you won't be able to align it precisely.

So here you go, pre-install pictures for your enjoyment!!! Feel free to comment if you have experience with VITREO or to suggest tips for tempered glass installation since I'm noob in that area ;)

vitreo-n2-01_zps49a0d3ff.jpg

vitreo-n2-02_zps266aeda4.jpg

vitreo-n2-03_zps73b14e68.jpg

vitreo-n2-04_zps0a7ff00a.jpg

vitreo-n2-05_zps279c1524.jpg

vitreo-n2-06_zpsb2c6aa3e.jpg

vitreo-n2-07_zps814d5bcf.jpg

vitreo-n2-08_zps73b4a15f.jpg

vitreo-n2-09_zpsca52d6ab.jpg

vitreo-n2-10_zpsabf26271.jpg

vitreo-n2-11_zpsb000fa9e.jpg

vitreo-n2-12_zps8d2a6652.jpg

vitreo-n2-13_zps33450fda.jpg

vitreo-n2-14_zpsd3bf78f0.jpg

vitreo-n2-15_zpsdc711bbd.jpg

vitreo-n2-16_zps8d026185.jpg
    Hey, I got thick skin :D Listen guys, I'm not on payroll or invested in stock of these companies. Don't care if you buy or not these products. I'm just here to help. I do spend considerable amount of time on these reviews and typically have a format of lots of "text" and lots of "pictures". I don't mix it together 'cause different browsers/app-forum viewer scale/resize and mess it up. If you don't want to read my view, I always provide a link to a vendors site where you can read a brief summary. If you have a few minutes to kill - read my thoughts about it. And as usual I provide all the detailed pictures to cover every angle - and those worth at least a thousand words ;) If you don't like it, just skip it - no need to complain. If you appreciate my work hit Thanks. If you have positive or negative comment about the product - it's what this forum is for, to discuss our opinion and have civilized conversation!
    OK, for those who cares ;) here are the pictures after the install and few of my comments!

Since this is my first tempered glass install, I actually found it to be easier because with a sturdier piece of glass, versus a typical dry install flexible screen protector, it's easier to hold it in your hands while positioning. Most of the positioning work goes into trying to align it with visible part of the display. Unfortunately, the width of this glass is probably 1mm wider than visible area of the screen so its not an easy task. If you don't have a steady hand or OCD, forget about it lol!!! Looked like the sticky side has some kind of a glue substance. I didn't see much of a bubbles, but noticed what seems to be like "wet" spots. I tried my best massaging it out, but probably at least a dozen still remain. When you put a pressure on it - it disappears, but then it's back. I read enough of the other tempered glass threads to realize that I probably will have to wait a few days to see how it goes. Again, speaking from a previous dry install experience where within minutes I get a perfect sp on contact - it looks to me tempered glass is not for those who want instant gratification. I will wait and see the progress, or lack of it, how these disappear. Will post updates and pictures as well. They just don't look like typical bubbles, but rather wet/glue spots.

About the glass itself. Edges are very nicely rounded off and VERY smooth. While sliding the finger over the edge you feel a very smooth transition. Thickness of the glass is higher than Home button, so the button feels a little bit recessed. Doesn't feel too bad since Home button opening is not enclosed. But if/once there is no wet spots and I decide to keep this permanently, I might consider Home button sticker. But as of now, I don't feel it's necessary. Once display is on, you don't see any wet spots at all. Everything is crystal clear, colors come through like with original glass screen, and it feels like a real smooth glass. S-pen glides smoothly too. Overall touch sensitivity and feeling is like you have an original glass display. Also, doesn't pick up too much fingerprints.

I will post an update and pictures in a few days how it looks, and hopefully those spots will disappear. As I said, they do not interfere with display on, but when it's off - its visible. At this point I will wait and see.

Here are the pictures. I tried my best to get every edge in focus since its not easy with a clear glass.

vitreo_install-01_zpsb3028f44.jpg

vitreo_install-02_zpsdf184e0b.jpg

vitreo_install-03_zps69125557.jpg

vitreo_install-04_zps321abfb8.jpg

vitreo_install-05_zps8bd57925.jpg

vitreo_install-06_zps9669f27d.jpg

vitreo_install-07_zps57766b0d.jpg

vitreo_install-08_zps1edafc3b.jpg

vitreo_install-09_zps41c2df67.jpg

vitreo_install-10_zps6a802ca6.jpg

vitreo_install-11_zps5d7cc796.jpg

vitreo_install-12_zpse4c27e49.jpg

vitreo_install-13_zps0243b37f.jpg

OK, so here is the-morning-after UPDATE. I run my finger across the screen and every wet spot just disappeared!!!!!! This is a picture of PERFECTION!!! No bubbles, no spots, no lifting edges, just perfect and smooth. The only comment, since it has oleophobic coating, glass feels a little slippery right now which noticeable when you need to press'n'hold while using the phone (like press'n'hold on the link to open in another window of the browser). I believe that will wear off since it's a brand new layer of coating.

Here are the final updated pictures. This one is a KEEPER!!!

Thanks again man, and keep reviewing, 'cause you are doing a wonderful service here :good::good:

Thank you for these kind words!!! It means a lot to me!!!

Regarding your questions, my replies are in line with apallohadas. At first I had this sense of over-confidence and careless that with UAG and VITREO my phone is invisible, but then I came to my senses!!! I had a few very minor and not high drops but not on top of the glass. What I do appreciate especially with a case like UAG - the lip/bumper which sticks out high enough to cover the thickness of the tempered glass. I go through a lot of cases when I test accessories to see how everything fits (like recently had to try out a few charging cradles with different cases). So you forget and put the phone down on the screen when its naked. With plastic screen protector it adds friction, but with glass one it can slide right across like on ice. I had it slide across granite counter top in the kitchen with a few rough spots and some crumbs. Like nothing happened. Had it in my pocket with keys and loose chain - not even a hairline scratch.

With fingerprint, like it was said, it's just like a glass. I would say that fingerprint on this one don't accumulate as much, but you will see some. What is amazing, with my PET film screen protector I had to use a spray (generic lens spray stuff from rite-aid) to clean it up good. With this one - you just wipe it off with your finger, even if your hands are not clean. Literally I don't need to use any cloth or whatever, just swipe my finger and its clean. Perhaps it's part of their oleophobic coating?

None of the cases can push on this because the size of the glass is right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen. So unless you have a case with a bumper lip that comes up all the way to visible part of the display - you are good. The only case I wouldn't recommend with it is Defender (or Denfender in my case lol!!!). I closed the inner plastic shell on it, but then hurried up to take it out. To tight and I'm afraid if specs of dust/sand with get in there it will grind on the edges.

Regarding you switching to this screen protector from something you already have. Do you want my honest opinion? If you already have something you invested good money in and you absolutely love it, just keep it and enjoy it. If you get a scratch or something starts to bother you about it - go for a change. For someone with a cheap film sp that came in a pack with multiple pieces, it's not a big sacrifice. But in your case where you already invested $30 and happy with it - "glass" might not be greener on the other side :D Do you know what I mean?
    Update:

Had the note 2 mounted to the handlebars on my bike. It was in the Seidio convert case, as I used the belt clip as the mount to attach to the handelbars.

(ingress - bicycle is an unbelievable tactical advantage)

Got caught out in the rain - (quick put the phone in a ziplock bag I carry with and back in the holster) - and took a spill on the bike. Phone was launched from retention, landed on it's corner on the cobblestones and skittered another 20 feet to end up under a parked car.

I was cruising pretty fast when it happened, so there was a lot of energy in the equation when it went airborne.

The phone is fine, the convert case is damaged a bit on the corner where it impacted, but the phone itself is fine.

I am positive the reason the screen is not cracked is because of the tempered glass screen protector, when on the ground bouncing to a stop over the uneven cobblestones it was screen down against the ground.

Between the convert case and the vitreo screen protector, the device is still in pristine condition.

Just thought I would post an update in case anyone was on the fence for this. The convert case was mostly responsible for the phone being okay, sure, but without the heavy glass reinforcement any of those sharp points that kept hitting the screen before it stopped would have wrecked it.