I am done testing Ainol's products

Search This thread

Jupit3r

Aug 27, 2011
The content of the original thread is cleared.

I used to be quite a fan of Ainol, but it seems that their main focus at the moment is to bring lots of "earth trash" products to the market. And they don't respect honest reviews, all they want is for testers to advertise their products. And I don't write that kind of articles.

Here is my announcement: There will be no more reviews of Ainol products from me, and I wish them all the happiness in the world with the crappy so-called quad core ATM7029 SoC! :(devil)::(devil)::(devil)::(devil):

Last edited:

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?

Reactions: Jupit3r

DeGon

Mar 23, 2008
I bought an Ainol Novo 7 Venus (Myth) and was a bit disappointed at first because the initial ROM (20130110) made the device a bit laggy. I updated it to the newest ROM / Firmware available (20130203) and was then quite surprised. The device became much snappier and has practically no more lags. Another goodie was, that all the preinstalled chinese Apps where gone after the update (You could also remove em by hand with the Root Explorer App. They are located in System/Vendor/App).

So for anyone buying this device, have a look at the firmware version (Settings>About this tablet>Build-Number). If it is older that 2013.02.03 V1, you should try to update it. This is not the easiest task to do, but its really worth it.

You'll find all infos or links to informations/ROMS/Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140304

rgds, d

Last edited:

pandajaune

Mar 9, 2009
Re: In Depth Review of Ainol NOVO7 Venus Quad Core Tablet

Just bought the item.
I agree with all said but i would add that wifi is really what disappointed me most because i found no fix for that. It is fortunate that i can use my phone as a hotspot.
I could cure the lag problems by adjusting the cpu lowest frequency with an app. I guess at the cost of battery life.
The tablet wasn't for me so i have no regret. It will fit the needs of the real owner though.
So far it is a good tablet but the best. And i just hope a firmware update will improve the wifi.

Sent from my ZP500+ using xda app-developers app

shuibj

Mar 27, 2013
i already use it.. it good tablet although the price is very cheap.. as usual, it have a weakness and strength, the weakness first, it not a very powerful cpu inside it, and also the GPU is not make for the hard graphic game.. if u play a game for so long time it will hang a little bit. but just that. the best part is the battery. it can last myb 8 hour playing game+browsing.but the time it take to charge is take myb 4 hour because of the capasity of the battery.. playing video or movie is best ever. it very clear and smooth. game that suitable for this tablet is air attack HD, castle master, Hawx HD, GTA 3, kingdom at war, Myth defense, NOVA, NFS most wanted, Riptide GP, Sailboat, Samurai 2 vengence,snow board, Subway surf, Simphony of origin, Team Dragon, Temple run 2, the last defender, undead slayer, and zenonias 5. for browsing, it good because the response is fast, no problem in scrolling the page, super fast.

greenacres

Mar 28, 2013
This was released in the Philippines recently as the Cherry Bolt. Similar comments.Cost less than 100 US. The ROM of this unit was also a little buggy and people were told they could install the Ainol NOVO 7 venus rom.

wajih2k

Mar 28, 2013
WIFI seems to be turning itself automatically whenever i turn off the screen/put the tablet on standby.
Any way to disable this as I am having hardtime downloading apps due to this.

firtvid20

Jul 8, 2010
Sydney

WIFI seems to be turning itself automatically whenever i turn off the screen/put the tablet on standby.

Go into Settings, click on WiFi, then click the menu icon at the top-right. Click Advanced, then click on WiFi sleep policy and choose never.

jpconard

Oct 20, 2010
Several sites report the Ainol Novo Venus Myth as having Mali400 graphics. I haven't seen conclusively if this true or false. Also what is a good dual-core rockchip3066/mali400 7" tablet? Would like front/back cameras & GPS, don't think any had those features.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
I was looking at getting one of these but going by the review it would seem a dual core RK3066 Cortex A9 tablet would be better all round,correct?

For eg I was looking at the Nextway F7,which has the dual core RK3066 A9 processor.
Would I be better off with that than the Novo?
My use would be like most,web browsing,youtube and some gaming.

Surely the Novo cant be that bad? But like I said,the dual core processor according to the review here is indeed better than this particular quad core model then?

Jupit3r

Aug 27, 2011
I was looking at getting one of these but going by the review it would seem a dual core RK3066 Cortex A9 tablet would be better all round,correct?

For eg I was looking at the Nextway F7,which has the dual core RK3066 A9 processor.
Would I be better off with that than the Novo?
My use would be like most,web browsing,youtube and some gaming.

Surely the Novo cant be that bad? But like I said,the dual core processor according to the review here is indeed better than this particular quad core model then?

If u want a rk3066 tablet, maybe pipo will be a better choice of brand than nextway. Ainol has probably the best build quality of all chinese tablet brands, but the atm7029 in the venus is definitely the worst quad core soc.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda premium

Jupit3r

Aug 27, 2011
Several sites report the Ainol Novo Venus Myth as having Mali400 graphics. I haven't seen conclusively if this true or false. Also what is a good dual-core rockchip3066/mali400 7" tablet? Would like front/back cameras & GPS, don't think any had those features.

The GPU of the Venus is actually GC1000+,which is an update from the GC800 GPU once used in Rockchip RK2918. The Venus has both front facing and rear cameras, but no GPS.

Jupit3r

Aug 27, 2011
This was released in the Philippines recently as the Cherry Bolt. Similar comments.Cost less than 100 US. The ROM of this unit was also a little buggy and people were told they could install the Ainol NOVO 7 venus rom.

Is it also a product by Ainol?

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
If u want a rk3066 tablet, maybe pipo will be a better choice of brand than nextway. Ainol has probably the best build quality of all chinese tablet brands, but the atm7029 in the venus is definitely the worst quad core soc.

Well then I wont worry about the Novo Venus then I think.Ill stick with a Dual Core RK3066 tablet.

With regards to the Pipo and Nextway,I did check out the Pipo,both have similar specs for the around the same price but the Nextway has 16GB internal and the Pipo 8GB. I know either can accept a micro SD card but this is really no help for installing apps/games. Thats where the 16GB of the Nextway would be better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The content of the original thread is cleared.

I used to be quite a fan of Ainol, but it seems that their main focus at the moment is to bring lots of "earth trash" products to the market. And they don't respect honest reviews, all they want is for testers to advertise their products. And I don't write that kind of articles.

Here is my announcement: There will be no more reviews of Ainol products from me, and I wish them all the happiness in the world with the crappy so-called quad core ATM7029 SoC! :(devil)::(devil)::(devil)::(devil):
    Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?

I would suggest pipo m9.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
    [ROM Release] [0408 firmware update 4.2.2]

[ROM Release] [0408 firmware update 4.2.2]
    Novo7 myth quad-core 0407V1 Edition: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=341968&uk=420337580

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

[ROM Release] 4.1.1 firmware 0328 quite stable than 4.2.2 firmware 0408
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=317203&uk=420337580 :good: