Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2013, 12:10 AM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

Been a while since we heard anything - how are things progressing? Any chance we will have a dual boot soon? Not looking for an ETA - just touching base to see if work has progressed at the speed you originally thought it would?

Yesterday I flashed his kernel that he compiled on Thursday. He wanted to start with a stable base before working on dual-boot since he hasn't worked on this device before. I am running it on JediXP12 and I haven't seen any difference from when I was using the Sabre kernel 16 which is great. I posted in the Verizon thread about this and DerTeufel1980 responded to a question that when he gets the recovery, etc working it will only work with SamSung ROMs (for now). AOSP and TW will take time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free

23rd March 2013, 02:47 AM |#62  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Re: Device obtained on 3/7 - Dual-boot kernel work has begun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD

Yesterday I flashed his kernel that he compiled on Thursday. He wanted to start with a stable base before working on dual-boot since he hasn't worked on this device before. I am running it on JediXP12 and I haven't seen any difference from when I was using the Sabre kernel 16 which is great. I posted in the Verizon thread about this and DerTeufel1980 responded to a question that when he gets the recovery, etc working it will only work with SamSung ROMs (for now). AOSP and TW will take time.

Please keep us posted if there are any more updates!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
23rd March 2013, 05:17 AM |#63  
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Thank-you so much for working on this.

I have the t mobile version and would love to see this as an alternitive to use isis.

Till this kernel is ready to dual-boot, I will be working on some other options to get isis+root working

my knowledge is limited but I learn more every day.

Since you are working on the ATT version of this phone, will it run straight up on the t mobile variant? or will some porting be necessary?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using tapatalk
23rd March 2013, 09:53 AM |#64  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 27,766

Donate to Me
More
AW: Device obtained on 3/7 - Dual-boot kernel work has begun
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081

Thank-you so much for working on this.

I have the t mobile version and would love to see this as an alternitive to use isis.

Till this kernel is ready to dual-boot, I will be working on some other options to get isis+root working

my knowledge is limited but I learn more every day.

Since you are working on the ATT version of this phone, will it run straight up on the t mobile variant? or will some porting be necessary?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using tapatalk

I am working on n7105, which uses the same kernel as tmo and att

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2013, 06:13 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT

More
Progress update added to OP
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
23rd March 2013, 10:51 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Dual boot?! This will be awesome when it is working, especially if we can do TW and AOSP roms. Keep up the good work.
28th March 2013, 08:54 PM |#67  
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,373

More
RIch mentioned that it will (quote) only work with Samsung ROMS and that AOSP and TW will take some time. (End Quote)

I am a little confused - what is the difference between TW and Samsung? I thought TW WAS Samsung ?

Am I mistaken?
28th March 2013, 09:05 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

RIch mentioned that it will (quote) only work with Samsung ROMS and that AOSP and TW will take some time. (End Quote)

I am a little confused - what is the difference between TW and Samsung? I thought TW WAS Samsung ?

Am I mistaken?

TW is Samsung. He meant that a dual boot kernel that could handle TW and AOSP at the same time will take time.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
28th March 2013, 11:11 PM |#69  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheolrock

TW is Samsung. He meant that a dual boot kernel that could handle TW and AOSP at the same time will take time.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Correct. That was based on what DerTeufel said but it certainly makes sense. Just getting dual boot with two SamSung ROMs on our device has been more challenging than on the Galaxy S line but he is still working on it.
29th March 2013, 05:45 AM |#70  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,369

Donate to Me
More
I'd be glad to help

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DAGr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DAGr8 Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 08:24 AM |#71  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 27,766

Donate to Me
More
AW: Device obtained on 3/7 - Dual-boot kernel work has begun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

I'd be glad to help

Did you take a look into the note2/s3 development section already?
I have to work/help friends today. Maybe we could talk tomorrow? In which time zone do you live? I am gmt +1

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)