[CWM Recovery][Stock ROM/Radio] LG C800 (T-Mobile MyTouch Q, Bell/Virgin Eclypse)

Search This thread

vxbinaca

Jan 9, 2011
Just flash on his stock image and will wipe anything not stock. Its one file and it removes CWM too.

Sent from my LG-C800 using xda premium

Mr_Biggles

Aug 3, 2012
The Big Smoke
I pulled my wife's Q since I got her a different mobile. Saw that you guys got this all figured out, just wanted to say good job! You are greater than I. I really wanted to get that all figured out, but guess was just too stupid. So, thanks!
Don't sell yourself short. I took your posts as the go-ahead to root. Rooting and freezing all the crap with Titanium Backup has served me better than anything else I've done with this phone.

Metsuna

Feb 3, 2012
Hey your work on this and the CM9 mod is great! Just wanted to chyme in cause I was looking for a recovery for this phone for a long time and now that I've found it I can squeeze a bit more life out of it. Thanks for messing around with an obscure phone!

DJRU5h

Jun 8, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Greetings! I am a pc tech and I apologize ahead of time for my extreme lack of knowledge when it comes to Android devices. But I am eager to learn since i own and use one... I have been peeking in on the development of this device on and off for the past 9 months. I managed to get Root access on the phone back in feb but thats about all i was able to do at the time. Now that i have time to actually dive into flashing my phone etc I'm ready to get CM9 flashed on my device. The problem i am having is with CWM. I followed the instructions in the OP to the letter (i think) and when I get to Step 2: 'fastboot devices' it just jumps to command prompt and the
Code:
C:\androidsdk\platform-tools\> fastboot devices
?               fastboot
doesn't show up at all. I did however get the proper message once last night while trying to get cwm working on my device but i botched the process somehow and had to start over. now if i go ahead past fastboot devices when it send me to the empty prompt it will say <waiting for device> at the prompt once i run the command (ex. fastboot erase recovery). The phone is definitely plugged in via usb and registers when i run the 'adb devices' command from the command prompt. I feel it is something i am either overlooking or simply don't know and I am lost at this point. another question i am having is regarding adb shell.. i can never get any of the adb commands listed in the OP to execute anything. they all say not found (ex., adb: not found). I can however, get the commands to run from the command prompt that i open at the folder location. Seems kind of strange that adb shell doesnt recognize any of the commands I throw at it but those very commands work at command prompt... Strange. Any help or direction you guys can lend me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

edit: Many thanks to brettvanpelt over @ androidforums for posting his solution to a very similar issue! see thread here...
Seems i just needed to make the uPnP service in windows 7 automatic rather than manual. GO FIGURE! needless to say I am now using CWM and am in the process of flashing to CM9! :)

Last edited:

magnum68

Sep 26, 2009
Help! Need Stock ROM for Tmobile Huawei Mytouch Q U8730

Hi everyone, I hope that someone here can help me. I just purchased a Huawei Mytouch Q U8730 made for Tmobile for a good price because it's stuck on the Android boot screen. I did do the Hard reset by holding the volume up & power button and did the factory reset and wipe what was available on the menu but no luck. It continues stay stuck on the boot screen. Does anybody have the stock ROM that I can download? I will greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
magnum68

whitetiger_0603

Mar 4, 2012
Boutte, LA
Hi everyone, I hope that someone here can help me. I just purchased a Huawei Mytouch Q U8730 made for Tmobile for a good price because it's stuck on the Android boot screen. I did do the Hard reset by holding the volume up & power button and did the factory reset and wipe what was available on the menu but no luck. It continues stay stuck on the boot screen. Does anybody have the stock ROM that I can download? I will greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
magnum68

This thread is for the LG Mytouch. Sorry.

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK00378

This thread is for the LG Mytouch. Sorry.

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda app-developers app

I used to own the LG Mytouch Q and Tmo replaced mine with the Hawaiu (or however you spell it) Mytouch Q and although on paper it doesn't seem like an upgrade, it indefinatley is! It's a noticeably better made phone than the Craptouch Q by LG

kdog1202

Feb 25, 2012
green bay wi
I used to own the LG Mytouch Q and Tmo replaced mine with the Hawaiu (or however you spell it) Mytouch Q and although on paper it doesn't seem like an upgrade, it indefinatley is! It's a noticeably better made phone than the Craptouch Q by LG

These phones aren't terrible I would take a new phone of course but hey I gotta hold on to lg til october

Sent from my Optimus Sol using xda app-developers app

dosmastr

Mar 21, 2013
whats this guy talkin bout man??

would an alternate install be possible with flash_image or emergency mode?

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-a-custom-recovery-to-an-android-phone-device/
"
The flash_image method also allows you to install any custom recovery, and that too from your device itself. It will require root access, a terminal emulator app, and the flash_image binary, but it frees you from the hassle of using your PC to manually install the recovery with the fastboot method.

For both the fastboot and the flash_image, you will require the custom recovery image. You can get the latest version of ClockworkMod recovery image and TWRP recovery image for your device from the ClockworkMod download page and the TWRP download page respectively.
"

so they are saying to use flash_image to install a custom recovery rom you need to already have installed a custom recovery rom?

huh?

Last edited:

strumcat

Mar 29, 2012
so they are saying to use flash_image to install a custom recovery rom you need to already have installed a custom recovery rom?

huh?
no, they're daying that you need to have the recovery image file downloaded and saved to disk so you can copy it to your phone's sdcard and flash it with flash_image.

but you still have to have the lgunitedmobile drivers installed on your pc, adb on your pc, and your phone rooted before you can install flash_image. the only thing you avoid with this is fastboot.

but according to the article, once you have flash_image installed on your phone, you don't need a pc, drivers, adb, or fastboot to flash images any more.

it sounds like it would work, but who knows? it seems easier and safer to just flash it with fastboot or dd it in an adb shell.

grantusmantus

Oct 25, 2012
Osceola
hi all. i was just given this phone from a friend of mine. it boots into clockwork but everytime i flash a rom and reboot, it boots dirrectly to clockwork mod again...i havent been able to boot a rom at all. any suggestions for what i should do?

EDIT: i was able to get it goiing by using the method of flashing the rom and then using fastboot to replace the boot.img file. i booted up the cm9 by chui. this phone, without any bloatware is actually fairly decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: kdog1202

kdog1202

Feb 25, 2012
green bay wi
hi all. i was just given this phone from a friend of mine. it boots into clockwork but everytime i flash a rom and reboot, it boots dirrectly to clockwork mod again...i havent been able to boot a rom at all. any suggestions for what i should do?

EDIT: i was able to get it goiing by using the method of flashing the rom and then using fastboot to replace the boot.img file. i booted up the cm9 by chui. this phone, without any bloatware is actually fairly decent.

My moms stock rom is terribly messing up is cm9 stable to flash?

Sent from my Mytouch 4g using xda app-developers app

strumcat

Mar 29, 2012
As a convenience, I mirrored all the stuff you might need to get an LGC800 T-Mobile myTouch Q rooted, modified, or unbricked at:

http://mediafire.com/strumcat

Drivers, ADB/fastboot, Chui's recovery, flashable superuser, factory ROMs 2.3.4 and 2.3.6, and tools for opening the ROMs and/or unbricking with them.

As usual, use them at your own risk.

To answer the question about CM9, yes, it's working and Chui has done a great job. Thanks, Chui, and all the other developers who provided all this great software.

Jul 31, 2012
Boot loop?.. -_-

Hello everyone. I'm stuck in CM Recovery v6. So this is what happened I installed Stock ROM/Kernel 2.3.6 (V10V). After finished installing the Stock ROM gave me an update notice and so I wanted to give the update a try.. After I finished downloading the update I went straight into ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.0.0 -_-

I probably should have read through this forum before updating but I just felt I wouldn't have done any hard since I already made a nanobackup from CMRecovery.

Please someone help me. Is there anyway of getting out of this recovery?

mr arrieta

Mar 19, 2013
Bogota D.C.
Hello

I would like to know if anyone can make a complete backup of all the partition table of a working mytouch Q, since mine is worst every day, i need fastboot(bootloader) partition and misc partition, i think fastboot is mmbclk0p3, but if you can back up from mmbclk0p1 to mmbclk0p24 it would be greatly apreciated by all the bricked phones in the world :) i'm planing on doing a tutorial for a universal fix for recovery loop and any other brick, but i cant do it without working original files (please avoid backing up your mmcblk0p16 since it has your data), here is the table and what i got so far on the info:

you can see you'r table by using "cat /proc/partitions" on a adb shell

mmcblk0p1 ----->
mmcblk0p2 -----> dbl.mbn
mmcblk0p3 -----> osbl.mbn
mmcblk0p4 ----->
mmcblk0p5 ----->
mmcblk0p6 ----->
*mmcblk0p7 -----> boot
mmcblk0p8 ----->
mmcblk0p9 ----->
mmcblk0p10 ----->
mmcblk0p11 -----> amss.mbn
mmcblk0p12 ----->
mmcblk0p13 -----> rmt storage
mmcblk0p14 -----> rmt storage
*mmcblk0p15 -----> System
*mmcblk0p16 -----> data
*mmcblk0p17 -----> Recovery
*mmcblk0p18 -----> cache
mmcblk0p19 -----> rmt storage
mmcblk0p20 -----> wifi pemission root
mmcblk0p21 -----> DivX
mmcblk0p22 ----->
mmcblk0p23 ----->
mmcblk0p24 ----->

*mmcblk1p1 -----> sd card

piercedfreak

Jun 20, 2009
my lg c800 will not go into fastboot mode, it just sits at the LG logo, and 'fastboot devices' shows nothing. I get no errors up to this point. I rooted my phone long ago with Super One Click.

when i run 'fastboot erase recovery' it just says "< Waiting for device >

running windows 7 64bit, android 2.3.6 on the phone.

[solved] didnt have the adb drivers installed, just the LG drivers..oops

Last edited:

lasportsfan

Mar 2, 2011
I have the c800g from canada and recently flashed the stock 2.3.6 firware for tmobile. Everything is fine except I am getting very slow data speeds and text does not work. I was wondering if flashing the stock baseband for the mytouch q that's posted would help or if anyone has the stock radio for the canada version.

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
As a convenience, I mirrored all the stuff you might need to get an LGC800 T-Mobile myTouch Q rooted, modified, or unbricked at:

Drivers, ADB/fastboot, Chui's recovery, flashable superuser, factory ROMs 2.3.4 and 2.3.6, and tools for opening the ROMs and/or unbricking with them.

To answer the question about CM9, yes, it's working and Chui has done a great job. Thanks, Chui, and all the other developers who provided all this great software.

Thanks a bunch. I'm downloading the stock files now. I'm on an Ubuntu computer at the moment, so may have to wait till I get a Microsoft Windows comp to install it.

Basically I used a reboot button widget to try to go into recovery (I thought I already had CWM, oops turns out I did't), now every reboot is a hard reset. I can still make calls, send texts, etc though. I'm not sure if I should actually try and put CWM on the phone, or simply update the stock rom.

This is my grandmother's phone so I don't want to do too much to it (no CM anything, for instance), just want it to stop hard reseting after every reboot.

Its rooted, unlocked to AT&T, Software version LGC800-V10d-SEP-19-2011, Build Number GRJ22, Android Version 2.3.4. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and go to Android Version 2.3.6

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
What would happen if I put the kdz file on the SD card, then boot into the custom utility, select apply update from SD card, select the folder with the kdz file, and apply it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery (Unofficial)​
    Finally we have fully functioning CWM recovery for the LG C800, also known as the T-Mobile USA MyTouch Q, also known as the Bell/Virgin Canada Eclypse! After many said it couldn't be done... here we are!
    cp0bq.png
    How to Install
    0. Prerequisites
    You will need:
    - ADB and fastboot (http://dottech.org/downloads/adb_fastboot_and_other_tools.zip)
    - LG's ADB drivers, available here.

Optionally, you will need:
    - Root. (Use SuperOneClick root) Note: Root is not required for flashing via fastboot, but may be required for recovering should anything go wrong!

1. Back up your old recovery! ROOT REQUIRED
    Open up a shell on your device by using adb shell or running your terminal emulator.
    If you see a $ prompt, type
    Code:
    su
    to get root. Otherwise if you see a # prompt you are ready to proceed.
    Type
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img
    to write the stock recovery to your sd card. This will take about 8 MB of space.

2. Prepare the phone for future awesomeness

First, we must get the device into fastboot mode. In order to do this you must be able to have ADB access to the device. ADB is accessible when you are on the charging screen and when the phone is fully booted. You can enable ADB (debugging) access in the Application settings to access the adb service while your phone is fully booted.

Get the phone to the charging screen or enable ADB in the OS. Now, plug in the phone and verify you have adb access from your computer:
    Code:
    adb devices

If your phone is not showing up, go into device manager and make sure the LG ADB drivers are properly installed.

Once you have ADB access, run this command on your computer:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

This brings the device into fastboot mode. What does fastboot mode look like? Well, it looks like a whole lot of nothing, mainly. If your phone boots up at this point and hangs out at the LG logo for a while, you're in fastboot mode. To verify it's in fastboot mode, run
    Code:
    fastboot devices

it should show something like

Code:
    C:\androidsdk\platform-tools\> fastboot devices
    ?               fastboot

If you see this, you are ready to flash!

3. Flash!

To flash, first run

Code:
    fastboot erase recovery
    This erases the recovery partition and ensures that everything is zeroed out so nothing gets in the way.

Now run
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery C:\Path\to\downloaded\lgc800-recovery-cwm-chui101.img
    protip: Tab autocompletes. It saves a lot of key strokes if you have a lot of long folder names like I do!

It should almost instantaneously transfer the recovery image, and pause just a few seconds more to write the CWM recovery image. When done, you can type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to reboot the phone back into the main OS.

4. Reboot into recovery!
    To reboot into recovery:

- Issue an adb reboot recovery from your computer wherever you have ADB access (charging screen, stock recovery, or the main Android environment if you have it enabled there.)
    - Or, from the phone's powered off state, hold down VOL DOWN, F, and A, and press the power button. Once the LG logo appears, you can release the power button. Once the LG logo disappears and reappears, release all the the buttons.

Welcome to CWM recovery! You can take a nandroid backup, mount USB storage, and flash zips from here! Hopefully this opens the door to CM9 and other custom ROMs on this device!
    Buttons are:
    MENU or VOL+ = up
    HOME or VOL- = down
    GENIUS or ENTER = select
    BACK or DEL = back

Note: If anything goes wrong, you can return to stock recovery by using
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    , or by using the CWM flashable zip available below. Note: Above command REQUIRES ROOT.

Downloads
    It is recommended that you check the MD5 sum of your downloads!

CWM 6.0.1.2 Fastboot Image MD5: b8d15a0ee9486f0a9662dd5747c50c43
    CWM 6.0.1.2 CWM Flashable ZIP MD5: 44ec9d19d5814fcfac8397c7d9a77559
    USB functionality has been fixed as of 25 August. If you downloaded 6.0.1.2 before then, you might need to flash the update! If you are having any additional issues with this recovery please let me know!

Older versions:
    CWM 6.0.0.0 Fastboot Image MD5: 3f5661d6120eddfd7c436c439805a310

Stuff to Flash from CWM
    CyanogenMod 9 (Unofficial) Thread

Stock 2.3.6 ROM (V10V) MD5: f71cac4b1b534d94bb29d5c21a4ed8a1
    NOTE: You should perform a wipe/factory reset if you are coming from a ROM other than the stock 2.3.4 that shipped with the phone.

Stock 2.3.4 ROM (V10D, bloatware and CarrierIQ removed) MD5: b6d8c04fb19cd9847027930dfb9fa7e8
    NOTE: This image contains issues due to CIQ removal such as unreliable MMS/SMS retrieval. This should be only used as a last resort.

Stock Baseband for T-MOBILE MyTouch Q ONLY MD5: 2c2dcaeb6d75b37ff0b41f311665814c

Stock Recovery (from LG V10V 2.3.6 ROM) MD5: c9f606bc9033264d967ae98516cc044b

Thanks to:
    misterfamilyguy for getting the ball rolling
    vtinoc for getting the ball rolling again
    mudtub for helping build all those recovery images and deodexing

Thanks chui101 for getting the ball rolling. Good work.

Is there a link to the kernel source for the LGE C800?

I would certainly be interested in compiling a kernel and CM7 or even CM9. I have all the proprietary files needed, just need to dig around in the source and I'll upload to my github repo.
    Yeah they have a 2.6 series kernel for gingerbread posted:

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp

search for LGC800, and it should be there.

I'm trying to get CM9 to build and I think I'm way over my head with the kernel config! :eek:
    CWM Backup

Here is the stock rom clockworkmod backup just unrar into the clockworkmod folder
    its 2 parts.

Part 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?07n0z2om99z26sg

Part 2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2a6olngnj6gv7a2